Get Russell Wilson tired...that's the strategy?

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
chawx":vz8ag3sa said:
Wilson is so prepared for this game, I fully expect him to go into deep meditation at one point and float 20 feet above the field and into the endzone.

this right here ^^

HeHateMe

Reaction score
The seahawks have no clue what they'll be walking into on sunday. Barely won last year much different team this year. Lets not get too cocky

Bipolar

Reaction score
we can laugh all we want, but Panthers defense quietly seems very legit, based on the preseason action.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
HeHateMe":2xtlj541 said:
The seahawks have no clue what they'll be walking into on sunday. Barely won last year much different team this year. Lets not get too cocky

I respect you because of your name, but believe me when I tell you the Seahawks know exactly what they're walking into Sunday. They've been busy all week planning for it.

TCS

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":29a5pcdg said:
HeHateMe":29a5pcdg said:

I respect you because of your name, but believe me when I tell you the Seahawks know exactly what they're walking into Sunday. They've been busy all week planning for it.

^^^
This.

Regardless of who wins this game (I have our hawks by 10), I'm pretty damn sure that both teams know what "They're walking into". It's kind of their job...

Go Hawks!

tcs

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
HeHateMe":gymgxqgm said:

So the Hawks are the same team as a year ago, but the Panther's are capable of improvement?

HeHateMe

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2o9av7w0 said:
HeHateMe":2o9av7w0 said:

So the Hawks are the same team as a year ago, but the Panther's are capable of improvement?

you guys have added pieces but also missing key players on sunday mainly your pass rush. If you can't get to Cam game is over. irvin was key in that last year.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
HeHateMe":1zgxz5gl said:
AbsolutNET":1zgxz5gl said:
HeHateMe":1zgxz5gl said:

you guys have added pieces but also missing key players on sunday mainly your pass rush. If you can't get to Cam game is over. irvin was key in that last year.

So Bruce Irvin is the cornerstone of the team, which they are incapable of winning without?

Its unfortunate that our QB didn't improve immensely since he played you last. I was really hoping he'd be a better player by now. Facing a rookie QB in his 5th start had nothing to do with the game, did it?

hawker84

Reaction score

Be very easy to attack this post, but after reading the thread over there on your site, it appears you are in the majority in the thinking, and you're actually the one that said this over there, or you read it and came here and vomited it back up on our forum.

I don't think you guys quite understand we're not the same team that faced you last year, you were beat by a greenhorn rookie qb who was being handcuffed in the playcalling, and a defense that barely showed up. Guess what, those handcuffs have been removed, we've upgraded our offensive weapons, we've upgraded our secondary believe it or not, and our linebackers have a year under their belts. Yes there's injuries on the D line, that may hurt may not. if so, we'll just win in a shoot out. No Prob...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HeHateMe":6uqhxg6i said:

Our pass rush was nonexistent for half of our games last year. It ranked in the bottom 3rd of the league by most metrics. We still had the best defense in the league, (points allowed per game, all that matters) and it's because we've got the only good secondary in the league that doesn't depend on pressuring the passer to be effective.

If you think no Irvin and a probably-not-at-full-strength Clemons is going to make our defense easy to score on, you're going to be very disappointed. If we lose this game, it's not because we let you guys rack up a ton of points, I'll guarantee you that.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2q1oku0e said:
HeHateMe":2q1oku0e said:

Our pass rush was nonexistent for half of our games last year. It ranked in the bottom 3rd of the league by most metrics. We still had the best defense in the league, (points allowed per game, all that matters) and it's because we've got the only good secondary in the league that doesn't depend on pressuring the passer to be effective.

If you think no Irvin and a probably-not-at-full-strength Clemons is going to make our defense easy to score on, you're going to be very disappointed. If we lose this game, it's not because we let you guys rack up a ton of points, I'll guarantee you that.

No no no. Don't you see that our lack of a pass rush was intentional in order to CONTAIN Cam Newton? That's why we won - we lacked a pass rush.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Yes I've been reading the Panther board and am quite amazed at the logic. First they act like Seattle is the exact same team that "barely" beat them last year. 2nd) they they go in great detail to mention how much they have improved. How amazing Luke K. and Co. are. ect.

It works both ways Panther fans. Seattle as has been mentioned above isn't the same team at all. A) we rarely utilyzed the read option (if at all) last year. The QB is more in command this year and he's not being hamstrung with an exceeding conservative gameplan like last year.

Our OL, RB's and WR are deeper and more experienced than ever before. Our OL is also deeper and more experienced this year. The LBer's and Secondary will only be better. The DL will be the big question mark. Obviously Panthers would have the advantage on the DL, Seattle has the Secondary advantage by a country mile and I'd say the Lbing corps of both teams is a push. Kuechly and Wagner are great players, The Panthers have Beason -however he's been undermined by many injuries. Seattle has steady 3rd year player in KJ Wright. Both have solid Lbing groups or so it appears.

I think Wilson and Newton will be the determining factors. If Newton can get away and scamper for big yards than Panthers have a good shot at the win. But to asssume that the SEahawks will be the same team you saw in week 5 of last year, would be a mistake. Seattle is much improved from that effort.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2sfhmy49 said:
No no no. Don't you see that our lack of a pass rush was intentional in order to CONTAIN Cam Newton? That's why we won - we lacked a pass rush.

Whoa, I just had a revelation. You're right. Damnit, now I'm scared to watch this coming Sunday!

Edited to add this:
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 2m
Carroll also noted that DE Cliff Avril, DE Chris Clemons, DTs Brandon Mebane & Tony McDaniel will all practice today. #SEAvsCAR

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
HeHateMe":19jrfr1u said:
The seahawks have no clue what they'll be walking into on sunday.

Is this a quiz?

A stadium? A stadium in Carolina with Panther players? Am I warm?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":fxzr6thp said:
HeHateMe":fxzr6thp said:
The seahawks have no clue what they'll be walking into on sunday.

Is this a quiz?

A stadium? A stadium in Carolina with Panther players? Am I warm?

Thanks for the ROTFL. Really, just about spit up on my keyboard.

A stadium in Carolina with Panther players, and a field with little stripe-y things on it, and some big posts that go up in the air?

Sounds really unusual, something the mind can barely comprehend.

rastahawk

Reaction score
HeHateMe":2em70iee said:
AbsolutNET":2em70iee said:
HeHateMe":2em70iee said:

Young and quick lb corps + young and faster secondary = Cam can't run or pass on us

While Irvin is the cherry on the pie, the pie is still the center piece.

Latest posts