Give our guys a chance

Chawker

Reaction score
We have had a great run over the last ten years, so give them a chance to see what this group is capable of doing. Just let this go, we have all season to make changes if need be. Kinda of see what Pete can do when the chips are down type of thing. I still love my mighty Seahawks and its going to be fun no matter what their record is. We can still bring the noise. :0190l:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
We are all Seahawks fans and we will always love this team.

I have very little faith in this year's squad, mostly due to poor coaching and scheme. But I hope they figure it out and have a great season!

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I don't doubt they'll fix it. Just a matter of if they do it in time. Can't lose the next 2

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":bl1nlhp0 said:

I have very little faith in this year's squad, mostly due to poor coaching and scheme. But I hope they figure it out and have a great season!
Kind of where I’m at.
I’m also a life long Mariners Fan, so I either have a high tolerance for losing or am a stupid idiot, likely it’s both. 8)
…but the payoff is HUGE when your team wins it all after putting up with all the losing and futility.

After XLVIII the euphoria I had was incredible. I had the best “high” for six months without taking and drugs.
Walked around with a perma-smile most of that year.

When the M’s, Kraken, or Hawks bring home another championship, I cannot wait for that euphoric feeling to strike again.

AlaskaHAWK

Reaction score
The interesting thing is that Football Outsiders has our Offense rated number 2 in DVOA. This is even with our second half issues. Also Wilson is rated very high in most stat categories. Number 1 in passer rating. I believe if we give Waldron a chance we may end up with the best offense in the NFL this year.
Of course the Defense is another matter, but if Norton can manage to get his head out of his rear long enough to at least bring them to somewhere around average then maybe we can still make a run. We just have to hope it happens before it is to late and our division rivals have gotten to far away.

sutz

Reaction score
AlaskaHAWK":3m66sbkf said:
The interesting thing is that Football Outsiders has our Offense rated number 2 in DVOA. This is even with our second half issues. Also Wilson is rated very high in most stat categories. Number 1 in passer rating. I believe if we give Waldron a chance we may end up with the best offense in the NFL this year.
Of course the Defense is another matter, but if Norton can manage to get his head out of his rear long enough to at least bring them to somewhere around average then maybe we can still make a run. We just have to hope it happens before it is to late and our division rivals have gotten to far away.
I suspect our D will get better when the O starts giving them more than 3 plays to talk and plan on the sidelines between stints on the field. ;)

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
sutz":1x7ivga4 said:
AlaskaHAWK":1x7ivga4 said:
I suspect our D will get better when the O starts giving them more than 3 plays to talk and plan on the sidelines between stints on the field. ;)
That is not the problem with our D. Our D's issues are mainly schematic and coaching problems. Kirk Cousins and the Titans were able to mount 8+ minute drives with boring consistency. Our run D was being slashed apart by the Vikings backup running back. Our passing defense is playing 10 yards off the opposing receivers which allowed Tannehill and Cousin's to keep moving to chains. I've seen most our defenders playing past the third down marker on third down. What did Cousins and Tannehill do? Just tossed the ball to an uncovered receiver to move the chains.

Carroll's current defensive scheme is pure garbage. There is no defending it. People like to blame Norton Jr. but this defensive scheme is Carroll's baby.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I’m happy to give the players a chance.

I am absolutely done giving PC and KNJ a chance. Past done.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Pete’s Seahawks teams, more often than not start out slow. I’ve said in the past that he treats the first few games almost like an extension of the preseason. Tweaking scheme, rotation etc. With hardly any starters playing in the actual preseason I’m not that surprised by this start. Disappointed, yes! A 17 game schedule this year gives just a bit more of a cushion for a few crappy losses.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2g05j3di said:
Jerhawk":2g05j3di said:

Kind of where I’m at.
I’m also a life long Mariners Fan, so I either have a high tolerance for losing or am a stupid idiot, likely it’s both. 8)
…but the payoff is HUGE when your team wins it all after putting up with all the losing and futility.

After XLVIII the euphoria I had was incredible. I had the best “high” for six months without taking and drugs.
Walked around with a perma-smile most of that year.

When the M’s, Kraken, or Hawks bring home another championship, I cannot wait for that euphoric feeling to strike again.

Leroy Back

HawkinNY

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2dv6nzan said:
That's a given for most of us. Expectations are dropping like a methaddict's BMI, but most of us lifers ain't going nowhere.
Meth should be given to people looking to lose some BMI. Never fails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3ga36f0y said:
I’m happy to give the players a chance.

I am absolutely done giving PC and KNJ a chance. Past done.
I'm with you but I'm adding Russ to the list.
Time for a total makeover.

xray

Reaction score
I've been giving the Hawks chances since 1976 . Why would this season be any different ? Just another season to me . :D

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
hgwellz12":v8eikk1c said:
That's a given for most of us. Expectations are dropping like a methaddict's BMI, but most of us lifers ain't going nowhere.

Well put.