Go Cardinals.... *ugh*

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Oh, and props to the Rams offensive coaching - not a bad job playcalling, so much better than the last couple of years. It would have actually been more improved without your holding penalties nullifying your big plays, but we did the same, so I have no sympathy.

Threedee

Reaction score
I like how when the Rams are winning, we get treated to cameras on Boba Fett for the performance of the defense.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Another win closer to re-signing Fisher! Now they only need 5 more wins for an 8-8 season. :mrgreen:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
LymonHawk":mo3m1qkw said:
Another win closer to re-signing Fisher! Now they only need 5 more wins for an 8-8 season. :mrgreen:

After watching drunk Fisher challenge "complete passes" that bounced violently off the ground not once but TWICE I endorse ths hope!!

Ramfan128

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":16hc3pta said:
Oh, and props to the Rams offensive coaching - not a bad job playcalling, so much better than the last couple of years. It would have actually been more improved without your holding penalties nullifying your big plays, but we did the same, so I have no sympathy.

Play calling has been better, but teams are selling out to stop Gurley. He was the worth the 10th overall pick just to allow Case Keenum to tear up the Seahawks and Cardinals, two very good defenses.

Cardinals are in trouble I think. Last year our win in the desert felt like fools gold. Despite the win, I felt like the Cardinals were definitely the better team.

This year it feels different. The Cardinals still moved the ball more than I liked to see, and our offense finished under 300 total yards again, but the yards per play was almost identical, and we made just as many mistakes as the Cardinals did to try to blow the game....the difference being our mistakes weren't all turn overs.

But last year those seemed kind of random - fumbled kickoff, Fitzgerald fumbled...those things don't normally happen. This time it was pressuring Palmer and Stanton that led to most of them...and then the one fumble by David Johnson.

Last year I felt like we lost in all areas except the running game. This year I feel the opposite - we won on defense, won in the passing game, and won on special teams.

I'm not going to say that we're a good team yet - but right now I do think we're better than the Cardinals.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when y'all drafted Goff. This Rams team is for real, and is only a few pieces away from being that dominant counterpoint to the Seahawks that the Niners were for a short stretch. The Cards are not built for the kind of long term success that the Hawks are, the Niners were (under Harbaugh), and the Rams look to be. They are more the Univ of Oregon to the UW Huskies (complete with the head scratchingly confusing history of wins).

The Rams? I'm looking forward to a nice, sustained, hard-hitting rivalry.

Pops

Reaction score
bigskydoc":vseg31cr said:
The Rams? I'm looking forward to a nice, sustained, hard-hitting rivalry.

As it should be. That is the spirit. With this one caveat that both teams make the playoffs each year.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":24rj1xa5 said:
Play calling has been better, but teams are selling out to stop Gurley. He was the worth the 10th overall pick just to allow Case Keenum to tear up the Seahawks and Cardinals, two very good defenses.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah... that zero touchdown, 18/30 performance with a QBR of 48.9 was a real 'tear up'. Then again, you're a Rams fan so this is probably a golden age of quarterbacking for you.

bigskydoc":24rj1xa5 said:
I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when y'all drafted Goff. This Rams team is for real, and is only a few pieces away from being that dominant counterpoint to the Seahawks that the Niners were for a short stretch.

Maybe this is true... but three weeks ago they lost 28-0 to the crappy old Niners. They've beaten an injury ravaged Seahawks, the Buccs (who look absolutely shocking) and the Cardinals who have started poorly at 1-3.

So let's judge them in a few weeks.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":slsdpxjr said:
Ramfan128":slsdpxjr said:

Yeah... that zero touchdown, 18/30 performance with a QBR of 48.9 was a real 'tear up'. Then again, you're a Rams fan so this is probably a golden age of quarterbacking for you.

bigskydoc":slsdpxjr said:
I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when y'all drafted Goff. This Rams team is for real, and is only a few pieces away from being that dominant counterpoint to the Seahawks that the Niners were for a short stretch.

Maybe this is true... but three weeks ago they lost 28-0 to the crappy old Niners. They've beaten an injury ravaged Seahawks, the Buccs (who look absolutely shocking) and the Cardinals who have started poorly at 1-3.

I was grouping the two games (Cards/Seahawks) in together. Keenum lead the Rams to that victory against Seattle...did better than most QBs do against the Seahawks (see Fitzpatrick, Tannehil and Gabbert - all of whom were probably thought of as better than Keenum).

And did you really just cite QBR? The ESPN stat? Yikes.

I suppose I can correct myself...he "tore up" the Cardinals and outplayed Wilson in LA to get the win.

The golden age of quarterbacking for me because I'm a Rams fan? What an ignorant comment. I'm old enough to have lived through the GSOT days, and while that was a while ago, I inherited my fandom from my father....so I am aware of most of the QBs to ever don a Rams uniform. We've been better off than most teams when it comes to QB play. Heck, twice in my lifetime a Rams QB won league MVP. Very few fans can say that.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":34xu19k7 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":34xu19k7 said:
Ramfan128":34xu19k7 said:

bigskydoc":34xu19k7 said:

I was grouping the two games (Cards/Seahawks) in together. Keenum lead the Rams to that victory against Seattle...did better than most QBs do against the Seahawks (see Fitzpatrick, Tannehil and Gabbert - all of whom were probably thought of as better than Keenum).

I suppose I can correct myself...he "tore up" the Cardinals and outplayed Wilson in LA to get the win.

The golden age of quarterbacking for me because I'm a Rams fan? What an ignorant comment. I'm old enough to have lived through the GSOT days, and while that was a while ago, I inherited my fandom from my father....so I am aware of most of the QBs to ever don a Rams uniform. We've been better off than most teams when it comes to QB play. Heck, twice in my lifetime a Rams QB won league MVP. Very few fans can say that.

I don't think he outplayed Wilson in the slightest. I think your D-line did a very good job (as usual) and controlled the LOS and Wilson's inability to move was a major issue. I think a 100% healthy Wilson and SEA wins that game with ease. You scored nine points and SEA rarely doesn't hit double figures. But we'll never know.

I'm glad you took a big old CHOMP on the fishing line for the 'golden age' comment.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1a9wue1s said:
I don't see how Card fans can spin this in any kind of positive light. Not only are they losing games, but losing them to pretty bad teams. Not to mention at home too.

Window shut pretty fast on the Cards.

It does that when your QB is 38.

Cards are still the more talented team. I was happier to seem them lose. I think we beat the Rams at home this year.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1moj3vt2 said:
Ramfan128":1moj3vt2 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1moj3vt2 said:
Ramfan128":1moj3vt2 said:

bigskydoc":1moj3vt2 said:

I don't think he outplayed Wilson in the slightest. I think your D-line did a very good job (as usual) and controlled the LOS and Wilson's inability to move was a major issue. I think a 100% healthy Wilson and SEA wins that game with ease. You scored nine points and SEA rarely doesn't hit double figures. But we'll never know.

I'm glad you took a big old CHOMP on the fishing line for the 'golden age' comment.

Because a 100% healthy Wilson has lead to so many wins against the Rams before? That argument doesn't make sense, although obviously that's your prerogative.

So let me get this straight....you don't think Case Keenum outplayed Wilson even though Keenum was playing against a better defense, backed by equally poor running games, but ended up leading his offense to more points and a nearly identical stat line?

I'm not trying to make it a big deal...obviously Keenum is nowhere near the QB that Wilson is. But it's hard to argue that Keenum didn't play better on that particular day.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2640a1d8 said:
Because a 100% healthy Wilson has lead to so many wins against the Rams before? That argument doesn't make sense, although obviously that's your prerogative.

So let me get this straight....you don't think Case Keenum outplayed Wilson even though Keenum was playing against a better defense, backed by equally poor running games, but ended up leading his offense to more points and a nearly identical stat line?

I'm not trying to make it a big deal...obviously Keenum is nowhere near the QB that Wilson is. But it's hard to argue that Keenum didn't play better on that particular day.

1. I believe a 100% Wilson in this game would've won Seattle the game. The Rams scored nine points and I would've backed a healthy Wilson to get double figures, even if it was a 12-9 scrappy type of win. My feeling is a 17-9 or at least a performance where SEA felt in control would've been likely. This makes perfect sense, of course it does. Doesn't mean it would've happened because we'll never know. But it makes sense, yes.

2. No I do not think Case Keenum outplayed Wilson. I think he made a handful of nice plays (as did Wilson) and your D-line was able to impact the game enough to prevent the Seahawks getting about 9-12 themselves. I believe they played a similar level of football albeit with one QB heavily limited due to injury and the Rams undoubted quality on the D-line had a great impact on Seattle's O-line and that was ultimately the key difference between the teams. Seattle's D-line didn't have anything like the same affect on a relative off-day for that group.

Rambitious

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3lx2quvt said:
Man, the Cardinals are hot garbage.

Losing to a team that has a great front four and garbage everywhere else every time we play them sucks. The Rams are going to ride their third-place schedule to about nine wins, though.

What a myth.
Third place schedule I mean.

You know, there are only two games per year affected by a team's prior year record right?

Oh and by the way, the Rams have (yet again) a top five hardest schedule in the NFL - strength of schedule from last year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Looks like a breakdown in special teams and turnovers cost AZ this game.

"GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Tavon Austin returned a punt 47 yards to set up Case Keenum's 4-yard touchdown pass to Brian Quick with 2:41 to play, and the Los Angeles Rams improved to 3-1 for the first time in a decade with a 17-13 victory over the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

Arizona's Carson Palmer threw for 288 yards and a touchdown but left the game to be evaluated for a concussion after his head slammed to the turf on a sack by Aaron Donald with 5:40 to play.

The play forced a Cardinals punt and Austin raced past would-be tacklers to the Arizona 34. A facemask penalty against Ifeanyi Momah moved the ball to the 19 and the Rams (3-1) went ahead when Quick caught a pass under tight defense for the score.

Arizona backup Drew Stanton was intercepted twice in the final minutes, including on a Hail Mary on the game's final play.
Keenum also had a 65-yard touchdown pass to Quick in the first quarter.

Arizona outgained the Rams 420-288 but committed five turnovers to the Rams' one."

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... &tab=recap

RedAlice

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":wsgh8bwl said:
Ramfan128":wsgh8bwl said:

Yes, we are all under 16 years old. Hopefully we can start driving soon.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ivotuk":2qqlyr5n said:
Looks like a breakdown in special teams and turnovers cost AZ this game.

"GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Tavon Austin returned a punt 47 yards to set up Case Keenum's 4-yard touchdown pass to Brian Quick with 2:41 to play, and the Los Angeles Rams improved to 3-1 for the first time in a decade with a 17-13 victory over the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

Arizona's Carson Palmer threw for 288 yards and a touchdown but left the game to be evaluated for a concussion after his head slammed to the turf on a sack by Aaron Donald with 5:40 to play.

The play forced a Cardinals punt and Austin raced past would-be tacklers to the Arizona 34. A facemask penalty against Ifeanyi Momah moved the ball to the 19 and the Rams (3-1) went ahead when Quick caught a pass under tight defense for the score.

Arizona backup Drew Stanton was intercepted twice in the final minutes, including on a Hail Mary on the game's final play.
Keenum also had a 65-yard touchdown pass to Quick in the first quarter.

Arizona outgained the Rams 420-288 but committed five turnovers to the Rams' one."

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201610020 ... &tab=recap

Based on the stats I've looked at, AZ outscored LA in all Offensive stats, but also had the most turnovers.

Well, and then there is that one stat that matters.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":21pn0s6a said:
theENGLISHseahawk":21pn0s6a said:
Ramfan128":21pn0s6a said:

You can always rely on RedAlice for a good old chomp.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

RedAlice

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3rgojpzz said:
RedAlice":3rgojpzz said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3rgojpzz said:
Ramfan128":3rgojpzz said:

You can always rely on RedAlice for a good old chomp.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

:179417: :179417: