Go Eagles (NFCCG 2022 season)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still not why they got thumped. They were not going to get past Philly, regardless what QB was under center. Philly put up 31 on that #1 defense.

James in PA

Reaction score
In all fairness, Im sure the Niners defense was pressing some knowing that with their QB situation, they could not afford to give up anything and in fact would need to produce points themselves to have any chance. That said, I agree 100% that Philly still wins that game even had the Niners had a healthy Purdy or Jimmy G. It's just a shame we didn't get the chance to see it. Between the injuries and the officiating, NFL fans were treated to some really lousy football yesterday.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the game that showed how hard it makes it for a defence vs the Eagles run with the threat of Hurts keeping it was watching Fred Warner on a few plays. He did his usual Warner thing and chased guys down limited plays to no gain or losses. But there were a few times like the first Eagles TD and another few plays where he did not move until it was too late and the running back was gone to the outside. I shudder to think if they did that to Warner how our LBs would have looked this year against those plays.