Golden Tate: I'd take a little less money to stay

253hawk

Reaction score
@SportsRadioKJR
I'll take a little less to come back here, than get more money and go to a crappy city. - @ShowtimeTate w/ @IanKJR & @JasonPuckettKJR

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I think they have to bring him back, purely because he still has a ton of potential with Percy Harvin on the field.

bigcc

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2bflsmw4 said:
irfuben32":2bflsmw4 said:
I am pretty confident Tate is gone.

What he thinks is a little less is still going to be twice what Seattle wants to pay him.

We have to get some size into this receiving core. Harvin is going nowhere and I think Baldwin stays as well.

I like Kearse but more as a 4th receiver.

Plus too many other people need to get paid.

I concur with all of this. I was watching Jeff Garcia and he said that PC was going to make a bunch of bad re-signings because he was emotionally attached to his guys. News flash-this squad will cut your ass in a heart beat if your salary isn't compatible with their scheme. With that in mind, goodbye Tate, I will miss your awesome punt returns.

Did Garcia miss the part where we cut Robinson and traded Moffitt for jelly beans? I've seen ridiculous numbers posted before like us resigning tate at 7 mil/year, with regards to cap room and who we need to resign in the near future, unless NUMEROUS guys are willing to restructure I wouldn't give him anything over 5 per..... and thats REALLY pushing it imo.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1l94weo7 said:
He better not think hes worth more than a couple million because for the most part he was silent in the postseason. I thought Kearse and Baldwin were better than he was.

A couple million. That is a bargain for Tate. His rookie wage is something like 630k. I would be pleased if he was signed for that. He is likely to get at least 4 million, and a team will overpay a few million more.

I want him to stay if Sidney is cut. Put a 2nd round tender on D.B. and Draft a big target.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ru3xqs8 said:
irfuben32":2ru3xqs8 said:

What he thinks is a little less is still going to be twice what Seattle wants to pay him.

We have to get some size into this receiving core. Harvin is going nowhere and I think Baldwin stays as well.

Sometimes this place just pisses me off. If you think he's getting huge money you're foolish. He's a number 2 receiver it's not going to take alot to sign him, 5-6 million probably.

I think that is a little more than I would pay him. 3-4 million imo.

bigcc

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2vaxrnxo said:
I think they have to bring him back, purely because he still has a ton of potential with Percy Harvin on the field.

At what cost though? Would you resign him over KJ or Maxwell?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not that Indianapolis won't offer 7-8 million like what the Giants did for their number 2. So the ball will be in his court to follow through and take 10-15% less just like what Tampa Bay's defense did 10-15 years ago.

bigcc

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":20znf98g said:
MizzouHawkGal":20znf98g said:
irfuben32":20znf98g said:

Sometimes this place just pisses me off. If you think he's getting huge money you're foolish. He's a number 2 receiver it's not going to take alot to sign him, 5-6 million probably.

3's pretty low, I think 4 PLUS incentives is reasonable given our need for money elsewhere.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete has cut plenty of "his guys" already. LenDale White, Josh Pinkard, Kevin Ellison, Lofa Tatupu and Allen Bradford all played for Pete at USC. They're all gone (and there were other guys from USC who've come and gone as well). Lawyer Malloy was one of Pete's guys in Boston. Gone. He skipped Taylor Mays, Damian Williams and others in the draft. Mike Rob was cut, then brought back based on need.

Pete and John will do what they feel is best for the team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":ytfkgggl said:
MizzouHawkGal":ytfkgggl said:
irfuben32":ytfkgggl said:

So that works out to 4-4.5 million if he's serious I'm fine with that.

taz291819

Reaction score
While I would like to see everyone stay, I think the odd man out is Rice. Tate was once again our leading receiver this year, so I hope he stays.

And as was mentioned, he's our most durable receiver.

bigcc

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1iox6ce6 said:
Not that Indianapolis won't offer 7-8 million like what the Giants did for their number 2. So the ball will be in his court to follow through and take 10-15% less just like what Tampa Bay's defense did 10-15 years ago.

10-15% off 8 mil a season? lol

If a team throws that at him I wouldn't blame him for half a second for taking it, I would however be frustrated beyond belief if we gave him 15% off even 7 mil a year, thats still nearly 6 mil a year and would you honestly give him that deal over baldwin? Because either tate is gone this year or doug is gone in 2 if one of them gets that kind of contract.

bigcc

Reaction score
taz291819":3i82glde said:
While I would like to see everyone stay, I think the odd man out is Rice. Tate was once again our leading receiver this year, so I hope he stays.

And as was mentioned, he's our most durable receiver.

They may BOTH be out, Rice is pretty much a foregone conclusion. He'd have to take one HELL of a paycut in order to stay on the roster.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":xhnpm841 said:
ImTheScientist":xhnpm841 said:
MizzouHawkGal":xhnpm841 said:
irfuben32":xhnpm841 said:

4 million is a nice raise and a discount. Would like that but I am sure other teams would pay him much more. Look at what Miami did last year, bleh.

At the end of the day I am happy if he even stated this. Cool stuff really, and rare!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bigcc":1po9ycz8 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1po9ycz8 said:

10-15% off 8 mil a season? lol

If a team throws that at him I wouldn't blame him for half a second for taking it, I would however be frustrated beyond belief if we gave him 15% off even 7 mil a year, thats still nearly 6 mil a year and would you honestly give him that deal over baldwin? Because either tate is gone this year or doug is gone in 2 if one of them gets that kind of contract.
No, 10-15% off the going rate for a number 2 receiver which is 4-6 million because 7-8 million is an overpay.So we offer 5 million it's reasonable considering his value to US.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2kkmuc0y said:
MizzouHawkGal":2kkmuc0y said:
irfuben32":2kkmuc0y said:

So that works out to 4 million if he's serious I'm fine with that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I never expected anything different and would be shocked if Sherman, Thomas or Wilson think any differently. These guys want to make history over pure money. In today's environment the money will come if you're the reason for a dynasty regardless.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":gyqoln1b said:
ImTheScientist":gyqoln1b said:
MizzouHawkGal":gyqoln1b said:
irfuben32":gyqoln1b said:

Deal! Sign him up.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1nph6kge said:

That would be pretty cool to have both of them. Tate is still far from his ceiling because of his route running. I'd like to see him continue to develop within our system, but, as others have said, how much money translates to 'respect.' Very likely that another team makes him a much-higher offer if they consider the fact that our WR stats aren't very impressive because of how they are used in our system.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If everyone takes a little less can that add up enough to he par with the roster?

Latest posts