Gonna be a long season.

DrDix

Reaction score
This game has shown that every single negative trend they have shown in the past two years is still ever prevalent and maybe even more so.

A: Offensive line and offense in general - nothing needs to be said about this.

B: Lack of running game - coincides with the incompetence of offensive line

C: Never ending amounts of 3 and out's in the first half of games. It's like Russ only ever wants to win by being the hero to save the game in the 3rd and 4th.

D: Defense inability to get off the field on 3rd downs, especially in key moments. Regardless of what the offense did, it is not about them. Yes, the defense stays on the field for a long time, but that's not just because of the offense. If you get off the field on 3rd down once or twice more earlier in the game instead of giving up first downs, that adds up. So yes, the offense does not help them but in the end the defense job is to get off on 3rd down and this team is not good at doing that.

I don't need to mention officiating because that varies from game to game. It was objectively terrible and in favor of the home team, however, it did not effect the final outcome, just maybe the score of it.

Until this team can find consistency again, they are not contenders. You can say it's week 1 all you want but no, this has been a 2 year trend of all these problems and this game has clearly shown they have not fixed these issues.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
TOP kills any defense. This is ALL on the inability to run the ball and sustain drives. The defense got pooped. Before that, they were killing it. Too bad really. The OLine is still a dumpster fire.

Doomcarver

Reaction score
Offense is holding this team back right now. Russell playing with too much inconsistency hurts the most. Offensive line is still a turnstile that extenuate his issues at QB. I'm still waiting for the growth that I saw in 2015 to transfer over.

OP
OP
D

DrDix

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2bzm8ccx said:
TOP kills any defense. This is ALL on the inability to run the ball and sustain drives. The defense got pooped. Before that, they were killing it. Too bad really. The OLine is still a dumpster fire.

It is not ALL on the inability to run. The defense DIRECTLY controls whether or not the TOP is heavily slanted towards one side. The fact is, if they get off the field on 3rd down just a few more times than it gives them relief and more time for the offense to try to do something. It's a two sided coin, yes, the offense does not help at all. However, the defense themselves plays a big part in it too.

strohmin

Reaction score
DrDix":34o5o8gm said:
Seahwkgal":34o5o8gm said:

It is not ALL on the inability to run. The defense DIRECTLY controls whether or not the TOP is heavily slanted towards one side. The fact is, if they get off the field on 3rd down just a few more times than it gives them relief and more time for the offense to try to do something. It's a two sided coin, yes, the offense does not help at all. However, the defense themselves plays a big part in it too.

I agree with this. The defense has to find a way to get a 3 and out and get off the field.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
strohmin":135v2e4s said:
DrDix":135v2e4s said:
Seahwkgal":135v2e4s said:

I agree with this. The defense has to find a way to get a 3 and out and get off the field.
It's not all on the Seahawk Offense when a nameless Bulaga-less Pack Oline stands up to the vaunted DeathRow and passes on th LOB for crucial yards.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1wp4ue0y said:
strohmin":1wp4ue0y said:
DrDix":1wp4ue0y said:
Seahwkgal":1wp4ue0y said:

It's not all on the Seahawk Offense when a nameless Bulaga-less Pack Oline stands up to the vaunted DeathRow and passes on th LOB for crucial yards.
They gave up 10 points. The defense wasn't the problem.

Anthony!

Reaction score
DrDix":oms3sva3 said:
This game has shown that every single negative trend they have shown in the past two years is still ever prevalent and maybe even more so.

A: Offensive line and offense in general - nothing needs to be said about this.

B: Lack of running game - coincides with the incompetence of offensive line

C: Never ending amounts of 3 and out's in the first half of games. It's like Russ only ever wants to win by being the hero to save the game in the 3rd and 4th.

D: Defense inability to get off the field on 3rd downs, especially in key moments. Regardless of what the offense did, it is not about them. Yes, the defense stays on the field for a long time, but that's not just because of the offense. If you get off the field on 3rd down once or twice more earlier in the game instead of giving up first downs, that adds up. So yes, the offense does not help them but in the end the defense job is to get off on 3rd down and this team is not good at doing that.

I don't need to mention officiating because that varies from game to game. It was objectively terrible and in favor of the home team, however, it did not effect the final outcome, just maybe the score of it.

Until this team can find consistency again, they are not contenders. You can say it's week 1 all you want but no, this has been a 2 year trend of all these problems and this game has clearly shown they have not fixed these issues.

With you except c which is not true at all.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Doomcarver":1tc3na1a said:
Offense is holding this team back right now. Russell playing with too much inconsistency hurts the most. Offensive line is still a turnstile that extenuate his issues at QB. I'm still waiting for the growth that I saw in 2015 to transfer over.

Russell you mean the guy that was under pressure on over 70% of his attempts yeah its his fault NOT

WmHBonney

Reaction score
"I don't need to mention officiating because that varies from game to game. It was objectively terrible and in favor of the home team, however, it did not effect the final outcome, just maybe the score of it."

Huh?

The officials cost us 14 pts. Add 14 and subtract the 6 that we settled for instead and the game is now tied which changes the flow for both teams. Would we have won? Who knows. Piss poor officiating absolutely played a part. The blatant no-call when Jimmy was getting mugged HAD to be intentional. There is no way that ref didn't see that.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":32i5yfxh said:
strohmin":32i5yfxh said:
DrDix":32i5yfxh said:
Seahwkgal":32i5yfxh said:

I just don't get this.

I championed this argument against many on this forum, back in 2008 at least. And i maintain that then the defense could not sustain a championship run, and although the offense was terrible at times, the defense shouldn't be given a pass.

Today our problem is the offense. It's pathetic. It's embarrassing. It's half ass. It's not planned in advance at all. We act surprised when the exact same scheme fails against capers year after after. Same thing against the rams every single time.

Our defense was freaking brilliant today.

OP
OP
D

DrDix

Reaction score
The defense played extremely well, yes, they weren't the reason they lost. I was never saying that. I was pointing out the problem they have had, did have today, and seemingly will have in the future, which is getting stops on 3rd down, specifically at important parts in the game.

I didn't even mention in my OG post how a 3rd and 10+ against us is essentially a free first down. It's incredibly frustrating to see when we're down one score and time after time offenses convert on 3rd down late in the game. It didn't just happen today, it's been happening since 2015 now. Again, it's not the reason they lost today, however, it is a problem that needs to be fixed.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
DrDix":488fya3q said:
The defense played extremely well, yes, they weren't the reason they lost. I was never saying that. I was pointing out the problem they have had, did have today, and seemingly will have in the future, which is getting stops on 3rd down, specifically at important parts in the game.

I didn't even mention in my OG post how a 3rd and 10+ against us is essentially a free first down. It's incredibly frustrating to see when we're down one score and time after time offenses convert on 3rd down late in the game. It didn't just happen today, it's been happening since 2015 now. Again, it's not the reason they lost today, however, it is a problem that needs to be fixed.

While I actually can't argue against a word you said, the D, Walsh and Special Teams ALL get a "Get Out of Jail Free" card today. They were pretty gassed EARLY today. Holding Roger's scoreless for a entire half is no small feat.

Steve2222

Reaction score
strohmin":2p34kuns said:
DrDix":2p34kuns said:
Seahwkgal":2p34kuns said:

Aaron Rodgers is just a magician. Him and Jordy Nelsons connection in the passing game is probably rivaled by none. Those know exactly what they're both thinking. I have the upmost confidence when our D plays the non GOAT tier QBs they're going to create plenty of turnovers with the amount of pressure they consistently got like yesterday.

Aaron Rodgers is the master munipulator of the pocket. With our home crowd next week, I fear for Hoyers health Sunday. It's going to be a bad day for him.