Just a brutal season

LTH

Reaction score
Hawks are not having a great season but I'm still enjoying the season. It was a great game... wish the Hawks would have won it but they played the Niners tough... there is no quit in this team.

I liked the way Lock played. If they would have given him some time to throw the ball things would have been different. D made some cool plays I just think this Niner team is going to win it all.

MAN... I CAN'T STAND THE NINERS!! LOL

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Is this what sarcasm looks like?
NO ! I mean, I enjoyed the game... it was a really hard hitting good football game. The Hawks lost to a better team. Some will cry and moan and it will ruin their week. It's football. The lows are what makes the highs so great. There are 4 more games and I'm going to enjoy all of them whether they win or lose.

LTH

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I thought they did pretty well the first half.. keeping it close and looking tougher than usual. Not the blowout so many thought.
They didn't do squat in the second half.. all 9ers. Lock looks good sometimes and terrible at other times. All I can say.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I thought they did pretty well the first half.. keeping it close and looking tougher than usual. Not the blowout so many thought.
They didn't do squat in the second half.. all 9ers. Lock looks good sometimes and terrible at other times. All I can say.

That was one of the hardest hitting games I've seen in a long time

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Yup this season has been a real disappointment. Those throwbacks are cool as shit though !
I'm really curious how this team bounces back vs the Eagles...

renofox

Reaction score
NO ! I mean, I enjoyed the game... it was a really hard hitting good football game. The Hawks lost to a better team. Some will cry and moan and it will ruin their week. It's football. The lows are what makes the highs so great. There are 4 more games and I'm going to enjoy all of them whether they win or lose.

LTH
Plus, they were (technically) in the game into the 4th quarter.

They played better than I thought they would, especially Lock.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Plus, they were (technically) in the game into the 4th quarter.

They played better than I thought they would, especially Lock.
I don't think they should feel bad about that performance.. they lost which is never good but it's clear they lost to a better football team.

Rat

Reaction score
My pro sports allegiances are the Seahawks and the Detroit Pistons. I forget what winning a game feels like.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Some coaching staffs adjust at halftime -

SonicHawk

Reaction score
It didn't feel like a game we were out of it or so outclassed. SC was the better team, but primarily Deebo and McCaffrey.

Watching Deebo really puts our WR into perspective as the supporting cast they are.

Our defense continued to show holes in the safety room and linebackers. That being said, my 2nd round hope Jack Campbell has been pretty low ranked this year, so not sure there was obvious help to be had.

Losing Witherspoon really hurt.

I think Lock played fine. He wasn't an improvement over Geno but while he threw a few dangerous balls, he also did some really good things in the pocket to extend plays. It never hurts to have a backup that, with at least a practice under their belt, can somewhat executve a gameplan.

Unfortunately that gameplan continues to ignore short crossing routes that can bail out pressure.

It's tough at this point because the dream of the playoffs is fading pretty quickly if not fully absent for some. It's especially brutal because this team is a few pieces away from really contending, and some of those pieces were high paid FAs that have underperformed.

cymatica

Reaction score

LTH
It was good at first, then as usual as of late they completely fold in the 2nd half. Offense looked good especially considering having a backup QB against a great defense, but this stupid soft zone defense allowing SF receivers to run free in open space is next level retarded. Pete deciding to punt on two 4th and shorts near midfield is mind numbingly stupid.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
It didn't feel like a game we were out of it or so outclassed. SC was the better team, but primarily Deebo and McCaffrey.

Watching Deebo really puts our WR into perspective as the supporting cast they are.

Our defense continued to show holes in the safety room and linebackers. That being said, my 2nd round hope Jack Campbell has been pretty low ranked this year, so not sure there was obvious help to be had.

Losing Witherspoon really hurt.

I think Lock played fine. He wasn't an improvement over Geno but while he threw a few dangerous balls, he also did some really good things in the pocket to extend plays. It never hurts to have a backup that, with at least a practice under their belt, can somewhat executve a gameplan.

Unfortunately that gameplan continues to ignore short crossing routes that can bail out pressure.

It's tough at this point because the dream of the playoffs is fading pretty quickly if not fully absent for some. It's especially brutal because this team is a few pieces away from really contending, and some of those pieces were high paid FAs that have underperformed.
It's not over yet... but I keep having these thoughts that some how the Hawks make the playoffs and bounce SF. It would be poetic justice. Probably not going to happen but man it would be sweet if it did

SonicHawk

Reaction score
It's not over yet... but I keep having these thoughts that some how the Hawks make the playoffs and bounce SF. It would be poetic justice. Probably not going to happen but man it would be sweet if it did
Absolutely not over. But it's starting to get close.

LastRideOut

Reaction score

I like your optimism but it needs to be said that there is optimism, and there is delusion. You're kind of blurring the line between those two. :)