Good idea to watch the Superbowl with a diehard Broncos fan?

maporsche

Reaction score
It's family. Invite him. Just make sure he knows the rules (and be a good host when Seattle is winning by not rubbing it in his face).

He is a cousin-in-law, so I get it. But if fandom gets in the way of family then someone's doing something wrong.

maporsche

Reaction score
HawkStar3":yi73sjsz said:
Terrible terrible idea. Might ruin your experience.

Man, if Seattle loses his experience will be terrible anyway.
When they win, he won't give two shits about the poor Donkey.

muxpux

Reaction score
I watched last years Super Bowl with a die hard 9ers fan and about 10 hawk fans. It was awesome.

OrFan

Reaction score
Oh hell no! Our best friends, who we sold our seat licenses to a few years ago, invited us to watch the game at the party they are having. I told him I would love to come over there as long as there weren't any donkey fans. He laughed. I said I was serious.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hey, if Aros is watching it with his next door neighbor the die-hard Bronco fan, so can everyone else :)

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Abach":3k2digqd said:
So the group we've gathered to watch the Superbowl with consists of Seahawk fans. My cousin is married to a die hard Bronco fan. The kind of fan that bought a ticket last week and flew to denver to see them play. Should we invite him? Has anyone on this board had negative experiences with watching playoff games with an opposing fanatic? I've done it once back in 2007 when the hawks played the packers (that sucky game where we were up 14-0 and blew it) and I watched it with my best friend who was a packer fan and it was one of the worst experiences of my life haha.
I think you've answered your own question.
Why would you invite a distraction to one of the biggest games of the Decade?

irocdave

Reaction score
Nothing good will come from this. If the Hawks crush the Donkeys like they should he will be supersensitive and that means your cousin will be talking to you later about how you or your friends handled victory...if hell freezes over and the Donks pull out a win he might get beat up. This wouldn't happen by your hands but it's hard to control people you trust. Nix it, not worth it either way.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
I watched the NFCCG at buddy's house. He had a friend of his over who was sporting an Denver jersey. Dude was really cool. He was jumping and yelling with us 12's as the Hawks won the NFC, and clinched a Super Bowl berth. Not sure if he was caught up in the moment, but I know he grew up in Denver, so he is a true fan. None the less, I think it boils down to the atmosphere of where you're watching the big game.