Goofy League.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tell me if I have this correct.

The Dallas Cowboys come to Seattle and beat us and yet they lose to the lowly Redskins at home, the team we beat in their house.

Do I have that right?

:240039:

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's divisional. The teams are familiar to each other and play each other harder.

It is what makes the league interesting. We beat the Broncos, and lost to the Rams.

What makes me trip out is that Colt freaking McCoy beat the Cowboys. :shock:

kearly

Reaction score
What's goofy is that both Colt McCoy and Brandon Weeden looked terrific in this game. I wonder how that made Mike Holmgren feel.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Any given Sunday (or Monday).

Hope the Seahawks learned a lesson tonight .. we have a similar matchup coming up on Sunday.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Aros":3ph16kde said:

The Dallas Cowboys come to Seattle and beat us and yet they lose to the lowly Redskins at home, the team we beat in their house.

Do I have that right?

That's football for yeah

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sometimes I have no clue what in the Hell is going on with this league. Parity is good?

Bleck.

In the NFL the sky is blue yet green, or sometimes purple, who knows?

It makes things fun and interesting until it's your team working the parity magic.

If the Raiders beat us at home, that's when I close up shop and call it good.

minormillikin

Reaction score
kearly":1hndar0m said:
What's goofy is that both Colt McCoy and Brandon Weeden looked terrific in this game. I wonder how that made Mike Holmgren feel.

McCoy and Weeden are both pretty good at having a couple good games out of nowhere and then pooping themselves when given the actual reigns. It was weird watching it happen for both of them at the same time, though. McCoy looked straight-up instinctual.

Weeden, with the flat-brimmed hat, might be a little too black for Jerry's team, unfortunately. Maybe he can join our team to even things out for the ultra-white Russell Wilson.

BASF

Reaction score
Aros":249f0qsn said:

Do I have that right?

It's all about the preparation. We are the yardstick that everyone measures themselves by until someone else wins the Super Bowl, so they will prepare themselves with vim and vigor and play as best they can. The Skins on the other hand are pretty much an afterthought in their division and the Boys thought they could just show up and beat them, so they didn't prepare themselves properly and didn't play as hard as they could from the opening whistle. Not so much parity as human nature.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Aros":2t88efcz said:
Sometimes I have no clue what in the Hell is going on with this league. Parity is good?

I really do think the league is "goofy" right now as you say.

People are so uptight about any kind of ideas that refs are biased against the Seahawks, they ask what do they gain from the Seahawks being bad?

Well first of all they gain a ton of media stories whenever a past champion is "struggling".

And I don't really think it's an issue of beating us down specifically just to spite our team... but they CLEARLY want the NFC West to be a race to the end... look at how nearly all of our division games are at the end of the season when the 49ers should theoretically have guys back... Coincidence??? I doubt it...

It's not so much that they are just out to get us, although arguably they are since we won the Super Bowl and it makes good headlines...

But it's more the fact they want every single team's fan base to believe that they have a chance to make the playoffs. That's why the Rams only had 2 penalties against us when they are one of the dirtiest teams in the league. Now Ram's fans will continue watching/buying tickets because they saw them beat Seahawks, etc.

It's all very simple business 101 kind of tactics. The NFL is trending towards more of an entertainment business instead of a pure sport which is shameful. I wouldn't put anything past the NFL leadership if it involves money, and parity equals money end of story.

If you've seen the documentary "League of Denial" which involves the NFL despicably denying and falsifying the danger of concussions and ignoring all the evidence for so many years... is it really such a stretch they would have the refs influence games to have a better "entertainment product"... Any time you have a multi-billion dollar corporation they are going to try to squeeze every last penny and the refereeing this year is complete garbage in my opinion.

Tokadub

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we make the playoffs and our season ends with some of the worst officiating we have ever seen just like the Superbowl against the Steelers.

I highly doubt any other team gets as many bad/questionable calls against them as we do.

endzorn

Reaction score
Anyone else find it hilarious that Weeden led the Cowboys to two touchdowns on two drives and Romo led them to 3 points the rest of the game?

FargoHawk

Reaction score
kearly":k4kgzspf said:
And Seesurfers

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Redskins lost @ Eagles week 3, 34-37. Not too bad.
Lost @ Cardinals week 6, 20-30. Respectable enough, considering Cardinals.
10 pt loss to Hawks on MNF.
Week 4 is their only embarrassing loss to Giants, 14-45.

So, while their record 3-5 indicates the season isn't going their way... they're no slouch team. They're battling the best they can. Sometimes I think we're too quick to judge the strength of a team. Jay Gruden is doing a respectable job.

Dallas' week 3, 5, 6, 7 haven't exactly been dominant. They won close games. (Yes, credit them for getting the wins. Nothing against them there.) Still, remember that without that 3rd and 20 (great) catch, the Cowboys might very well be 5-3 and the Seahawks 5-2. Funny how perception of teams can boil down to even one play if you really think about it. Game of inches (painfully so for the Hawks this season) and each down played is crucial.

Go Hawks

morgulon1

Reaction score
Aros":1m254d38 said:

Do I have that right?

Yes you have it right. It shows that it is true that every one of these 32 NFL teams can beat ANY team on any given
day. The best team can be beat ( AT home) if they don't take the field 100 % ready to go. Even a team with a poor
record is full of the best of the best, all Americans, all conference, top 1-2 percent which leads me to believe that
the NFL is a qb and coaches league.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":3qydicmy said:

Bleck.

You say that because we're good now, but if we were Raiders bad, and some of us remember the 2-14 hopeless feeling of being a perennial loser...........and the only thing that give NFL fans hope is team's CAN turn things around quickly year to year in the NFL.

Because, parity.

bandiger

Reaction score
The only consistency in the NFL is Patriots winning, they are 6-2. I hope Seahawks can be that consistent every year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bandiger":3ie1hurr said:
The only consistency in the NFL is Patriots winning, they are 6-2. I hope Seahawks can be that consistent every year.
I don't think we can count on Arizona, San Francisco and St. Louis to be horrifically bad like Buffalo, Miami and the Jets for the better part of 15-20 years and in some cases longer though.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Yep, that's why they actually play the games instead of deciding them on paper. Now if we could just get a little parity going with the Cardinals, I;d be happy.

Latest posts