Gotta love the theory Saints fans are going with

tacomahawk

Reaction score
To why they lost. On SaintReport, some of their fans are claiming that Sean Payton purposely after being down, went "vanilla" on offense and defense, cause he didn't want to give us or Carolina any more tape on them. Whatever helps them sleep at night I guess.

Axx

Reaction score
After getting the seattle hangover and playing another physical team i got carolina to win

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Axx":34gn9hrg said:
After getting the seattle hangover and playing another physical team i got carolina to win

I told a buddy of mine that NO would lose to the Panthers next week after playing us. Not only is Carolina looking great right now, but NO is demoralized after that loss. It will be a close game but I still see NO losing.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3iuzn3t6 said:
I think that "Seahawks hangover" trend is fully deceased.

Teams have won, lost, AND tied the week after playing us recently.

True, but there is no reason it can't start up again :mrgreen:

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Two questions: Why not take Drew Brees out WAY earlier? Second, why was Brees looking at the game photos on the sideline late in the game like he was studying for a Trig final? :lol:

OrFan

Reaction score
volsunghawk":173pdvlg said:
I think that "Seahawks hangover" trend is fully deceased.

Teams have won, lost, AND tied the week after playing us recently.

True. I think Carolina will win simply because they are a better team. The Saints were a paper tiger that got shredded.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
So instead of trying to win a game that could give them the #1 seed, he gave up? That makes sense.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Saints will shred the Panthers. Saints are the better team. They have the better qb, te, and receiving corps. Panthers just have a better defense. It's a home game for the Saints. They are pissed and will take it out on the kitties.

Uffda

Reaction score
2-9-1 is the record of teams the week after playing Seattle, still hangover-ish.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It's tradition, teams that play the Hawks have a following week letdown,

Carolina will win,
next week, win or lose SUnday, the 49ers are still going to lose.

been that way all year for the most part.. Cards broke the rule, but it was against Jax, so .. and Minn tied,

Seafan

Reaction score
Newton = papaki. Both great athletes with super arms. Both not up to snuff with young QBs like RW and Luck. Diagnosing defenses and having the ability to make lightning quick decisions. They have their athletic ability to bail them out but that doesn't work against really good defenses. It will be interesting to see if Cam can handle the noise in the dome.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He would have pulled Brees a lot earlier than he did if that was the case.

253hawk

Reaction score
These were some of my favs:

After watching 3 quarters and seeing what Seattle is doing, I think its quite obvious they 100% absolutely know what play the Saints are calling, especially when you just happen to drop a Nose Tackle back into coverage on a eligible Tackle. Something gives. Knowing Pete Carrol, I wouldnt put it past him after he bolted out of USC after cheating.

PED's . When you see guys maniacally pounding their hands on their own helmet after routine plays, screaming at each other, that often is a sign that something odd is going on....

They obviously weren't tapping our signals . But PED's? Now THAT is something that needs to be looked into by somebody. Not making excuses for the loss, but if you want to talk about someone being "innocent until proven guilty," they've already been proven guilty, more than once.

More Seahawks have been suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy than ANY OTHER TEAM in the same time span. Heck, more players in their defensive secondary position group have been suspended in the last few months, than in the whole Saints team in the last five years. And we've had a few!

The Sherman suspension was overturned on a "technicality" -- that was basically just good trial defense lawyer type stuff, not any kind of real victory or vindication. He tested positive. For SOMETHING. And got off.

Look, I am old enough to remember the original era of steroids in the NFL, when guys were really jacked, the old Oakland Raiders, Lyle Alzado, Pittsburgh Steeler teams, etc. And using the ole eyeball test, I gotta say it, THIS -- looks an awful lot like -- THAT.... Players pounding their fists madly on their own helmets? Yelling so hard that spittle comes flying out their mouths? Guys throwing punches at opponents while walking back to the huddle, or blindside plowing into receivers in the end zone who aren't even near the play? Give me a freaking break.

Now why are the Seahawks the ONLY team in the league, who has their running back who goes into Incredible Hulk "Beast Mode" when he eats his "Skittles." Now IDK about you, but to me it sounds kinda like a locker room joke for something else -- "hey man, did you take your "Skittles" this week? Yeah, I got this hurt leg, I'm gonna have to see the trainer, get me some Skittles" etc. Yeah it's a joke, the kind of joke that spreads from one player, around the locker room and out into the fan base, but after a while of hearing it, and seeing all these suspensions pile up, it's just TOO weird to completely gloss over it. Can you name any other NFL team or player that has that metaphor, of popping something in your mouth or eating something, to get your extra strength? Seriously, THAT'S the running joke, on this SAME team, with all the suspicious PED suspensions? I think it's funny. Most peculiar.

Again, I'm NOT blaming it for the loss last night, but look at the general history of this stuff. Look at the league history. Steroids were rampant in the 1970s, then cracked down on them in the 1980s, then they flared up again in the early 2000s, Shawn Merriman in 2005-2006, then died down again.

Seems like PED's and steroids and other speed-like substances are about DUE for a flare up again, and we have a Seattle team full of "selfish" atheletes who seem to get popped for PED's and enhancers and unnamed substances at an alarmingly high rate.

So if you really want to talk Spygate #2, no one knows whether we will ever know the full story behind all these suspensions or what is really going on in the Seattle locker room. But I expect if they keep winning, guys will leave the team and we will start to hear more about it. It would not surprise me if this turns out to be a Spygate #2 eventually someday. Would not be surprised at all.

We know they use PEDs with all the suspensions, most of the team looks like a bunch of steroid freaks.

But then the question comes to why has teams like TB, Tenn, Stl, and such hung around for as long as they have with Seattle in those games?

I dont think we looking deep enough into this, while the officials had no deciding causes or outcomes in this game, how does Seattles defense know every play the Saints was running on offense? That **** was going on all night long, they even dropped Nose Tackles back into coverage on the Eligible Tackle, that whole game was suspicious when you see that its Pete Carol at the helm. One of the biggest cheaters to come into the NFL since Bill Belichek.

Meanwhile, every other person in that thread chalked it up to simply being outcoached and outplayed. You know, like rational human beings.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Yep, it isn't like we haven't seen it before. When these guys spent a week with their chest puffed out, predicting a blowout, they also ripped on those Hawk fans that also predicted one. So when the game develops these guys are grasping at anything to justify their total lack of understanding.

Remember all the ridicule they were serving up for Seahawk fans choosing a blowout? It was unthinkable, even though the game was in a place that other good teams have been thrashed and the Hawks hadn't lost there. Those are the guys talking about cheating.

Latest posts