Grateful tonight for a petulant child

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2wuzsjxa said:
rideaducati":2wuzsjxa said:
Popeyejones":2wuzsjxa said:
Yeah, I know, you guys hated Harbaugh and thought he sucked as a coach until he's leaving, and now you're concern trolling about him leaving. If Kaepernick was leaving it would be the exact same story. I just don't take it that seriously. Baalke and Harbaugh came in at the same time. On balance I like what Harbaugh has done (although he, like eveyone, has also under-performed in some areas) just as on balance I like what Ballke has done (although he, like everyone, has also under-performed in some areas). It will be interesting to see who outperforms the other moving forward, although I'm surely not going to faint on any couches because Hawks fans are confusing their preference for the worst for 9ers and the best for Harbaugh with a level-headed prediction.

Looks as if you're trying to talk yourself in to believing that Baalke staying is better for the niners

Huh? Your post is interesting only in that it confirms that you're capable of reading what you want into anything. You're either trolling or delusional, dude.
That's a real rich statement coming from you. Oh the irony!

rideaducati

Reaction score
Pot? Meet Kettle.[/quote]

By saying BOTH would fail, I'm right on both counts. Hairball has walked into good situations, not won anything of significance, and worn out his welcome, just as I said he would. Baalke has ridden the coat tails of McCloughan's draft board, drafted poorly since that draft, and now thinks he is the reason for the last three seasons, when in reality he is more responsible for THIS season...just like I said all along.

I know it sucks to be PROVEN wrong Marv, but most people admit it when PROVEN wrong. You've been PROVEN wrong. Get over it. Spin it any way you want, by this time next year, you will give up on Baalke. Just remember, I told you so.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":12pt2eim said:
Popeyejones":12pt2eim said:
rideaducati":12pt2eim said:
Popeyejones":12pt2eim said:
Yeah, I know, you guys hated Harbaugh and thought he sucked as a coach until he's leaving, and now you're concern trolling about him leaving. If Kaepernick was leaving it would be the exact same story. I just don't take it that seriously. Baalke and Harbaugh came in at the same time. On balance I like what Harbaugh has done (although he, like eveyone, has also under-performed in some areas) just as on balance I like what Ballke has done (although he, like everyone, has also under-performed in some areas). It will be interesting to see who outperforms the other moving forward, although I'm surely not going to faint on any couches because Hawks fans are confusing their preference for the worst for 9ers and the best for Harbaugh with a level-headed prediction.

Looks as if you're trying to talk yourself in to believing that Baalke staying is better for the niners

Huh? Your post is interesting only in that it confirms that you're capable of reading what you want into anything. You're either trolling or delusional, dude.

You're not taking either side which, to me, shows that you're going to take whatever the niners choose to do and back that side. You seem to be talking yourself into York and Baalke.

Take whatever the 9ers choose to do?

So your post entirely hinges on some bizarre belief in me thinking there's any chance of Harbaugh staying?

:lol:

Okay, dude.

Here are my thoughts from that post, simplified in bullet form for you:

1) Upon the 9ers being knocked from the playoffs and Harbaugh definitively leaving, I am entertained by the remarkable speed and felicity with which some Hawks fans instantaneously pivoted from Harbaugh to Baalke and York as the core representation of the 9ers ineptitude and immorality. I find it funny. I don't expect many others here to find it funnny, but I am entertained by it.

2) As a fan of the 49ers, on balance I like the work that Harbaugh has done and I like the work that Baalke has done. I think they've also both clearly made mistakes.

3) I think it's hard to completely disaggregate where credit should be given due to the fact that they've never performed their roles independently of each other.

4) I don't know who will end up being vindicated in the long term, but I'm curious to see.

That's it. Finito. El fin.

That you've somehow twisted that into me " talk [my]self in to believing that Baalke staying is better for the niners" says a lot about you and absolutely nothing about me, my man. :)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2arrkdxh said:
Okay, dude.

1) Upon the 9ers being knocked from the playoffs and Harbaugh definitively leaving, I am entertained by the remarkable speed and felicity with which some Hawks fans instantaneously pivoted from Harbaugh to Baalke and York as the core representation of the 9ers ineptitude and immorality. I find it funny. I don't expect many others here to find it funnny, but I am entertained by it.

2) As a fan of the 49ers, on balance I like the work that Harbaugh has done and I like the work that Baalke has done. I think they've also both clearly made mistakes.

3) I think it's hard to completely disaggregate where credit should be given due to the fact that they've never performed their roles independently of each other.

4) I don't know who will end up being vindicated in the long term, but I'm curious to see.

That you've somehow twisted that into me " talk [my]self in to believing that Baalke staying is better for the niners" says a lot about you and absolutely nothing about me, my man. :)

Ho hum. Have a take. It's okay to actually have an opinion before everything is concluded. It's actually kind of fun to argue one side or the other. It builds character.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Popeyejones":y3jb4bkc said:
rideaducati":y3jb4bkc said:
rideaducati":y3jb4bkc said:
Popeyejones":y3jb4bkc said:

You're not taking either side which, to me, shows that you're going to take whatever the niners choose to do and back that side. You seem to be talking yourself into York and Baalke.

Take whatever the 9ers choose to do?

So your post entirely hinges on some bizarre belief in me thinking there's any chance of Harbaugh staying?

Okay, dude.

I am thinking he deduced this from your very poor usage of the term "concern troll."

From urban dictionary, "a concern troll is someone who is on one side of the discussion, but pretends to be a supporter of the other side with supposed concerns. Concern trolls who use fake identities are sometimes known as sockpuppets."

For example, this term would apply to someone who masquerades as 49er fan (on a 49er message board, let say) and then posts "concerns" that Harbaugh will be fired at the end of the season. The concern, you see, is supposed to be false. And the speaker is supposed to be lying that he is a member of the other side.

I have done none of those things. I am merely expressing my heartfelt gratitude that your owner is as inept as I think he is . . . he appears to believe he knows something about the game of football, which is very dangerous for you but very enjoyable for me.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":wqz9y0zg said:
Ho hum. Have a take. It's okay to actually have an opinion before everything is concluded. It's actually kind of fun to argue one side or the other. It builds character.

Why bother going out of my way to post to your specific preferences when you're just going to invent arguments for me that fit your preferences anyway? Seems like a waste of effort on my part. ;)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1ih4cfbn said:
rideaducati":1ih4cfbn said:

Why bother going out of my way to post to your specific preferences when you're just going to invent arguments for me that fit your preferences anyway? Seems like a waste of effort on my part. ;)

We are forced to invent arguments for you because you haven't chosen a side...it's a vicious circle.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2w8w2wlt said:
I am thinking he deduced this from your very poor usage of the term "concern troll."

From urban dictionary, "a concern troll is someone who is on one side of the discussion, but pretends to be a supporter of the other side with supposed concerns. Concern trolls who use fake identities are sometimes known as sockpuppets."

For example, this term would apply to someone who masquerades as 49er fan (on a 49er message board, let say) and then posts "concerns" that Harbaugh will be fired at the end of the season. The concern, you see, is supposed to be false. And the speaker is supposed to be lying that he is a member of the other side.

I have done none of those things. I am merely expressing my heartfelt gratitude that your owner is as inept as I think he is . . . he appears to believe he knows something about the game of football, which is very dangerous for you but very enjoyable for me.

1. My use of the term "concern trolling" on an unrelated point made him impute an evaluation of the actual situation which was well beyond any points I made, and was even directly contradicted by the points I DID make? Okay, I guess.

2. I know what the definition of concern trolling is, and the clause of the definition you're referring to. I'm also aware of popular usage of the term, (e.g. the common extension of the evocation of Godwin's Law to topics beyond Nazis, etc.), which might be novel to you (i.e. rhetorically feigning concern as a form of celebration, which is essentially what you've described your own actions as without any help from me).

3. IIRC my post wasn't about you specifically, but I'm flattered? ;)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":1c02qz3c said:
Popeyejones":1c02qz3c said:
rideaducati":1c02qz3c said:

We are forced to invent arguments for you because you haven't chosen a side...it's a vicious circle.

The first three numbered points of mine above are all arguments. They apparently just weren't arguments that you would have preferred for me to be making, so you made up your own one. No biggie.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":32ugcioc said:
rideaducati":32ugcioc said:
Popeyejones":32ugcioc said:
rideaducati":32ugcioc said:

The first three numbered points of mine above are all arguments. They apparently just weren't arguments that you would have preferred for me to be making, so you made up your own one. No biggie.

Ok, you like what BOTH have done and BOTH have made mistakes and you're gonna sit back to see which one fares better...got it. I don't see the argument though.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Popeyejones":27x9w21r said:
hawknation2014":27x9w21r said:

1. My use of the term "concern trolling" on an unrelated point made him impute an evaluation of the actual situation which was well beyond any points I made, and was even directly contradicted by the points I DID make? Okay, I guess.

2. I know what the definition of concern trolling is, and the clause of the definition you're referring to. I'm also aware of popular usage of the term, (e.g. the common extension of the evocation of Godwin's Law to topics beyond Nazis, etc.), which might be novel to you (i.e. rhetorically feigning concern as a form of celebration, which is essentially what you've described your own actions as without any help from me).

3. IIRC my post wasn't about you specifically, but I'm flattered? ;)

You sir have been infected by Marvin's inability to admit when he's wrong.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ijd873e said:
Ok, you like what BOTH have done and BOTH have made mistakes and you're gonna sit back to see which one fares better...got it. I don't see the argument though.

You could have chosen to disagree with me and argue that one has clearly been more successful in his job than the other, or that their respective work can in fact be disaggregated.

Instead, as you do with some frequency, you chose to just make something up. This really isn't that complicated, nor does it warrant a continued exchange.

Later. :)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1ncxgy10 said:
You sir have been infected by Marvin's inability to admit when he's wrong.

I'll put it in bold for you to prevent confusion:

We are in full agreement that my usage of the term "concern trolling" did not fit the textbook definition.

15-Love, hawknation.

I hope it was as good for you as it was for me. :th2thumbs:

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":8jpkp5ul said:
rideaducati":8jpkp5ul said:

You could have chosen to disagree with me and argue that one has clearly been more successful in his job than the other, or that their respective work can in fact be disaggregated.

Instead, as you do with some frequency, you chose to just make something up. This really isn't that complicated, nor does it warrant a continued exchange.

Later. :)

I have made it perfectly clear that I believe Baalke has done NOTHING to deserve to retain his job. The only thing I believe he has done well was to follow McCloughan's draft board. Without McCloughan's draft board, he has been downright HORRIBLE at his job. He has gotten a LOT of draft picks in trades, but hasn't done a whole lot with those picks. It's like he knows he sucks and believes he needs to play the averages by having so many more picks. The niners future with him at the helm will net them last place in the division more often than not.

Harbaugh has shown ability to coach good players, but Baalke hasn't been getting good players for the past couple seasons. The number of good players the niners have is dwindling fast, so Harbaugh's coaching abilities have taken a hit too.

Harbaugh has DEFINITELY been the better of the two, but Harbaugh doesn't seem to be able to get players to progress. He needs to have good players in place. Can you name one offensive player that has progressed under him? One that wasn't there before he was? I can't either.

I believe the main problem the niners have and will continue to have is with Baalke. Harbaugh hasn't stayed anywhere long enough for us to know if he can build a team or if he is a product of good to great players. I haven't seen the 5th round pick play really well, which again, I believe is a combination of Baalke and Harbaugh's inability to get players to progress.

Either way, I think the niners will be down for at least three more years. Baalke's 2012 and 2013 drafts were awful and in 2015 those players not being there will really show. By the time the niner front office figures out that Baalke isn't worth a damn, they will have another bad draft on their books and will be even further behind the curve.

Harbaugh is fun to hate. Baalke just sucks. That's my argument.