Grateful tonight for a petulant child

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":1w0mxkhw said:
Popeyejones":1w0mxkhw said:
Yeah, I know, you guys hated Harbaugh and thought he sucked as a coach until he's leaving, and now you're concern trolling about him leaving. If Kaepernick was leaving it would be the exact same story. I just don't take it that seriously. Baalke and Harbaugh came in at the same time. On balance I like what Harbaugh has done (although he, like eveyone, has also under-performed in some areas) just as on balance I like what Ballke has done (although he, like everyone, has also under-performed in some areas). It will be interesting to see who outperforms the other moving forward, although I'm surely not going to faint on any couches because Hawks fans are confusing their preference for the worst for 9ers and the best for Harbaugh with a level-headed prediction.

Looks as if you're trying to talk yourself in to believing that Baalke staying is better for the niners...you're wrong, but keep trying. Baalke's drafts and free agent signings have been bad. I've said all along and continue to believe that the more Baalke picks that see the field, the worse the niners will be...no matter who is coaching.

...which is why despite losing both corners and a SS in the offseason, the top 3 remaining corners all getting hurt, 3 of their all-pro LBs playing 13 of 48 possible starts, and being down to their 3rd NT they are still the 3rd ranked D in the NFL.

No depth. Baalke can't draft. I mean its not like the have a rookie LB leading the NFL in tackles over the past 10 weeks or a rookie OLB who hardly played at all to start the season and has yet to start a game, yet has 5 sacks as a 3rd down player.

Get that crap outta here.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":7cba594z said:
pehawk":7cba594z said:
He's running him off for credit and to save money. Mike Brown west.

BS up to your eyeballs. This has NOTHING to do with money. If he's gone, its personal. That's not justification BTW because that might be worse, but it ain't about money.

If it were then the Niners wouldn't have the highest paid assistant coaching staff in the NFL.

It cant be BS because it's my opinion. It's my hunch. I think there was no way he was willing to pay Harbaugh market, so he began a whisper smear campaign, to ease any backlash. York was willing to spend and pay whatever necessary to get his palace. Now, he has his palace and he's content being Mike Brown; meddling over pennies and paying winning lip service.

My hunch is based on just as much fact as your hunch is. The key difference is, I've had my hunch a lot longer than yours.

I think the tweet, the sources Harbs was hard to work with, all of it was to just fool the rubes.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pehawk":2kkoo5be said:
Marvin49":2kkoo5be said:
pehawk":2kkoo5be said:
He's running him off for credit and to save money. Mike Brown west.

BS up to your eyeballs. This has NOTHING to do with money. If he's gone, its personal. That's not justification BTW because that might be worse, but it ain't about money.

If it were then the Niners wouldn't have the highest paid assistant coaching staff in the NFL.

It cant be BS because it's my opinion. It's my hunch. I think there was no way he was willing to pay Harbaugh market, so he began a whisper smear campaign, to ease any backlash. York was willing to spend and pay whatever necessary to get his palace. Now, he has his palace and he's content being Mike Brown; meddling over pennies and paying winning lip service.

My hunch is based on just as much fact as your hunch is. The key difference is, I've had my hunch a lot longer than yours.

I think the tweet, the sources Harbs was hard to work with, all of it was to just fool the rubes.

Quite the little story you have there. Very creative.

Paying top dollar for assistants, tweeting angry texts when they lose, all an elaborate plan to go cheap as soon as stadium is built.

Can't be he just wants to win. Nope. Wheres the fun in that for Seahawks fans. Gotta be an elaborate plan to fool 49er fans. That way he can be evil and Niner fans can be fools.

Yeah, yeah...that's the ticket.

pehawk

Reaction score
If you check my twitter you can also see I said in August "the wheels are going to fall off the 49ers this season". Seems I'm more accurate and have a better understanding of your team than you. Hell, I even predicted Harbaugh's brilliance yet quick burnout as well.

I mean, if we go off history, I know a lot more about the 49ers than you do. Really...

hoxrox

Reaction score
John Madden agrees that York is a part of the problem:

“I still don’t think it’s Harbaugh. Coming into the season I thought Jim Harbaugh was one of the top coaches in pro football, and coming out of the season I still think he’s one of the top coaches in pro football.”

So what happened?

“I think it has to be a management problem. They should have stopped that. It’s not something that just creeped in at the end of the season. This started all the way at the beginning of the season… It has to be at the top, because if it were anywhere between the top – and I’m talking about the top as being the owners – if it’s anywhere between there and Jim Harbaugh, Jim Harbaugh would trump that. I mean the owner would step in and say that, ‘you know, just knock that off, and sign (Harbaugh) to a contract.'”

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
hoxrox":3juenazs said:

“I still don’t think it’s Harbaugh. Coming into the season I thought Jim Harbaugh was one of the top coaches in pro football, and coming out of the season I still think he’s one of the top coaches in pro football.”

So what happened?

“I think it has to be a management problem. They should have stopped that. It’s not something that just creeped in at the end of the season. This started all the way at the beginning of the season… It has to be at the top, because if it were anywhere between the top – and I’m talking about the top as being the owners – if it’s anywhere between there and Jim Harbaugh, Jim Harbaugh would trump that. I mean the owner would step in and say that, ‘you know, just knock that off, and sign (Harbaugh) to a contract.'”

It sounds to me like he is saying Jed York is the problem.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1uv8s4v8 said:
pmedic920":1uv8s4v8 said:
This.

Cracks me up.

I didn't hear any comments about York when they were making it to 3 NFCCGs. I didn't see peeps making cracks about York when he got a 1.3 Billion Stadium built (when they had been trying to do that under Eddie D and John York for 20+ years).

Ya know what else?

Jed didn't beak Bowmans knee. Jed didn't rip up Patrick Wills' toe. Jed didn't send Aldon to that gun shop in Arizona. Jed didn't injure both starting corners. Jed didn't coach the team to abandon it's biggest strength on offense. Jed didn't fast forward the clock on Frank Gores age. Jed didn't make Vernon a shadow of himself all year (dude couldn't even run yesterday).

Jed doesn't call the plays.

There are ALOT of reasons the Niners sucked this year, but blaming Jed just seems kinda ludicrous to me. Feel free to do so if it makes you feel better somehow, but you look kinda silly. The Niners returned to prominence under Jed.

One bad year doesn't a bad owner make.

Marv. Slow your roll, have you seen what they got for the 1.3 billion?

:{)

And you are correct, one bad year doesn't make a bad owner but do you REALLY think they are going to stop now.

Yes. Have You?

Pretty damn nice especially since its in Silicon Valley (NOTHING is cheap here). Peeps who undersell that thing getting built don't have any clue how hard it was to do that here. There is a reason its the first NFL football stadium built here in 50 years.

Come'on man. We just bustin' your chops.

Give the guy a few years to marinate, you'll see most likely, that you have a jerry jones 2.0 except without the Money.

I know.

I also know that looking for a HOMERISTIC opinion of anything Niners on this site is a hopeless endeavor.

He's sent like 1 tweet and has nothing to do with player personnel (Jerry is the GM). All this BS is hyperbole. Nothing more.
FIFY
I think this is what you really mean, key word in color.

IF you don't like what you read here about your precious under achieving soft team, you can always leave, as no one is forcing you to show up here and read things that you are sensi poo about.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2014":29cabz5l said:
hoxrox":29cabz5l said:

So what happened?

It sounds to me like he is saying Jed York is the problem.
John Madden isn't on Melvin's "approved writers" list. 8) :stirthepot:

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
RationalNiner":bf6r1lcc said:
I place most of the blame on the disappointing season on injuries, off field distractions, questionable game planning, and Kaepernick regressing.

Say what you want about York, but the coaches and players are professionals and take pride in their work. It just wasn't our year for a combination of things and I'm not one to usually give owners a lot of credit for a team's on field performance. York doesn't game plan. York doesn't draft or scout. York doesn't decide who is signed. He just signs the checks. If York were like Jerry Jones, different story. Again you can conjure up whatever you want about the front office (how do you know York didn't offer a top 5 contract?) and blame it on that but at the end of the day the coaches and players all have pride in their work and want to win. York is not directly involved with any game plan/roster decisions.
Here's the thing: It was pretty obvious to any non homer 9er fan that Kap wasn't going to be a franchise QB. His regression comes as NO surprise to many.

Yet Harbaugh couldn't see it.

So having dumped a ton of money on the QB, yeah, I could see the owner saying asta la vista to a coach who has continually proven throughout his career that he can't evaluate talent.

Sherman.
Baldwin.
Kapernick.

Harbaugh is the one who INHERITED. He took over a team that was stocked with talent, did a good job coaching them, then dumped Kap on them. He was an improvement over Singletary, but he's not the answer. Especially not going ahead.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hoxrox":3je3hoqr said:

So what happened?

Apparently Marvin can't get any "realistic opinion on anything Niner" from John Madden either. Oh well, what does he know?
Oh wait..........

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":10sgpnce said:
rideaducati":10sgpnce said:
Popeyejones":10sgpnce said:
Yeah, I know, you guys hated Harbaugh and thought he sucked as a coach until he's leaving, and now you're concern trolling about him leaving. If Kaepernick was leaving it would be the exact same story. I just don't take it that seriously. Baalke and Harbaugh came in at the same time. On balance I like what Harbaugh has done (although he, like eveyone, has also under-performed in some areas) just as on balance I like what Ballke has done (although he, like everyone, has also under-performed in some areas). It will be interesting to see who outperforms the other moving forward, although I'm surely not going to faint on any couches because Hawks fans are confusing their preference for the worst for 9ers and the best for Harbaugh with a level-headed prediction.

Looks as if you're trying to talk yourself in to believing that Baalke staying is better for the niners...you're wrong, but keep trying. Baalke's drafts and free agent signings have been bad. I've said all along and continue to believe that the more Baalke picks that see the field, the worse the niners will be...no matter who is coaching.

...which is why despite losing both corners and a SS in the offseason, the top 3 remaining corners all getting hurt, 3 of their all-pro LBs playing 13 of 48 possible starts, and being down to their 3rd NT they are still the 3rd ranked D in the NFL.

No depth. Baalke can't draft. I mean its not like the have a rookie LB leading the NFL in tackles over the past 10 weeks or a rookie OLB who hardly played at all to start the season and has yet to start a game, yet has 5 sacks as a 3rd down player.

I will type this slowly so you understand. The more Baalke's picks play, the worse the niners will become. This season the niners played more of Baalke's players than ever and they have the worst record since he got there. Explain to me exactly where I am wrong.

Go back and count games missed by Seahawk players last season and you'll find the true meaning of depth.

It's not like you weren't touting the depth the niners had at the beginning of the season...oh, wait...

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":8ay1k6w2 said:
Marvin49":8ay1k6w2 said:
rideaducati":8ay1k6w2 said:
Popeyejones":8ay1k6w2 said:

I will type this slowly so you understand. The more Baalke's picks play, the worse the niners will become. This season the niners played more of Baalke's players than ever and they have the worst record since he got there. Explain to me exactly where I am wrong.

Go back and count games missed by Seahawk players last season and you'll find the true meaning of depth.

It's not like you weren't touting the depth the niners had at the beginning of the season...oh, wait...

The depth you are referring to is why despite ALL of those losses the Niners are STILL ranked 3rd in the NFL on D.

BTW...some of those players missing were BAALKE picks as well. (Aldon, Bowman, Culliver, Ward, Kilgore, Ian Williams, Brock, Anthony Davis, Hunter).

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3sv83dkp said:
rideaducati":3sv83dkp said:
Marvin49":3sv83dkp said:

The depth you are referring to is why despite ALL of those losses the Niners are STILL ranked 3rd in the NFL on D.

BTW...some of those players missing were BAALKE picks as well. (Aldon, Bowman, Culliver, Ward, Kilgore, Ian Williams, Brock, Anthony Davis, Hunter).

More Baalke players. .. More niner losses. Get used to it.

Congrats on their third ranked defense. They'll be on their sofas watching the playoffs with the 31st ranked offense.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":c72r7g73 said:
Marvin49":c72r7g73 said:
rideaducati":c72r7g73 said:

Congrats on their third ranked defense. They'll be on their sofas watching the playoffs with the 31st ranked offense.

NICE.

Total not response in your reply. Weak.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3ehaaw2u said:
rideaducati":3ehaaw2u said:
Marvin49":3ehaaw2u said:
rideaducati":3ehaaw2u said:

NICE.

Weak? Like the niners?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":3ouabs2s said:
Popeyejones":3ouabs2s said:

Looks as if you're trying to talk yourself in to believing that Baalke staying is better for the niners

Huh? Your post is interesting only in that it confirms that you're capable of reading what you want into anything. You're either trolling or delusional, dude.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":30crqos6 said:
rideaducati":30crqos6 said:
Popeyejones":30crqos6 said:

Looks as if you're trying to talk yourself in to believing that Baalke staying is better for the niners

Huh? Your post is interesting only in that it confirms that you're capable of reading what you want into anything. You're either trolling or delusional, dude.

You're not taking either side which, to me, shows that you're going to take whatever the niners choose to do and back that side. You seem to be talking yourself into York and Baalke.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":i8fjckt5 said:
Marvin49":i8fjckt5 said:
rideaducati":i8fjckt5 said:
Marvin49":i8fjckt5 said:

NICE.

Weak? Like the niners?

..and he falls further down the hole.

How exactly is this any better than "We got 5 rings"?

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":3ooefovt said:
Popeyejones":3ooefovt said:
rideaducati":3ooefovt said:
Popeyejones":3ooefovt said:

You're not taking either side which, to me, shows that you're going to take whatever the niners choose to do and back that side. You seem to be talking yourself into York and Baalke.

Pot? Meet Kettle.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":322akpfh said:
Pot? Meet Kettle.

What am I talking myself in to?

Harbaugh walking into a good team, not winning anything, wearing out his welcome? I predicted just that very thing.

Baalke riding the coat tails of McCloughan's draft, drafting poorly on his own, not getting enough credit that he doesn't deserve, niners getting worse as each of his draft picks hit the field? Yup, predicted that too.

I'm not picking sides because I believe they both suck. In the end, I believe they'll both fail in the NFL. If I were to choose sides, it would be Harbaugh's only because he has proven that he can coach good players. I don't think he can or will ever build a great team. Baalke has proven NOTHING...at all.

Latest posts