Great assessment by Hawkblogger

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I believe the Seahawks are using more play action and read option. This has cut down on the use of a FB. I think play action is more effective from a one back set.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Perfectly good hole in the goalline set before HT against Arizona, Lynch danced and that hesitation gave the ARI defenders enough time to stop him inches short.

He just needs to commit. It looks to me like he's over-thinking, not just reading it and reacting. That would've been a huge score before the break. At 10-3 I'm pretty sure we don't lose that game.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Can't take EVERYTHING at face value. I hope there is more to the story than overlooking a glaring trend such as this.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
From the nosebleeds it seemed obvious Lynch was in Beast Mode running behind Robinson today.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Part of the reason for that is there is a guy waiting for him in the assigned lane nearly every time.
That is what the article and discussion should be about. Arguing about FB blocking is like discussing what sort of seal would work the best for the shower door on a sinking cruise liner. The pass catching angle also seems minor given that Coleman has excellent hands and made a great catch for us today, and that Lynch has seen a much larger usage in the passing game lately.

Matt":shbciktw said:
Ok, so this defensive strategy works, but it makes the pass defense vulnerable. Why aren't we exploiting that more? I suspect it's that our receivers, capable of big plays they may be, aren't consistently getting separation OR Russell can't see when they do. Either way, if we can't punish a defense for stacking the box against us, we're screwed.
It obviously doesn't help that 90% of our 2013 receiver money is going to injured players, but the larger factor IMO is that Pete does not think that we need to score many points to win games as long as we avoid turnovers. Wilson could be forcing a dozen more throws per game but it is hard to fault a very conservative approach today when you see how thoroughly our defense shut down the Rams. Now that our punting and special teams have been let off the leash a bit we can compete against most teams with just field position and defense. The question in my mind is whether we will be nimble enough to unleash the offense if we run into a team that puts up some points. We have all seen offenses get on a roll before in the playoffs and if it happens against us we will need to start putting more emphasis on maximizing expected values and less emphasis on reducing risk.