Great Game Vike fans

chris98251

Reaction score
I know it's bitter sweet, but your team played really tough all day long, hard to lose on what would be little more then a extra point miss, we will take it. But like our game in Atlanta I hope your team uses it as motivation to come back tested and ready next year.

Good Luck in your future.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Classy post . And Ditto from me we totally know that feeling

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
Classy post indeed. They said it was going to be a low scoring game and it was - yet if you look at the prediction threads on both sides forums, we were picking the winner with scores in the 30s, losing team scores in the 20s. What were we thinking? We should have known this would come down to a 4th quarter field goal, and both scores very low.

Vikings showed up today, no doubt, and I hope you are not too hard on your kicker and take anything away from the great effort your team gave today. Enjoy your new stadium, and win your division again over the Packers.

Vikes45

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I'm going to definitely carry this far into the offseason and have nothing but positive feelings for next season. New stadium, and I think some additions on offense. It's all good.

Good luck to the Seahawks, the class of the NFC.

London12

Reaction score
Yeah they're up and coming for sure. I think they'll be back stronger over the next few years.

Hard luck today but still not close to how we felt last year, if it's any consolation.

original poster

Reaction score
Hell of a game.

If I'm honest I think the Vikes deserved it more although I'll gladly take a win!

Onto Caroline...

Best of luck for a great offseason Vikings, no doubt you will be playoff contenders again next year.

dadof3

Reaction score
They have a really good coach in place, I think they'll be around for awhile

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I'm willing to let em hate us for a little while. I've always wanted to be the most hated team in the NFL. Just like the 70s Raiders.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Vikings fans have nothing to hang their heads low over...They played a great game, in fact, precisely the game they needed to play to have a chance. It's too bad they had to lose on what should have been the equivalent of an extra point.

Just goes to show this game really does come down to a play here, a play there. A true game of inches. In fact, Sherman was a fingertip length away from blocking the last field goal they did make...Who knows if the game wouldn't of even come down to that final try.

The point is, the Vikings are a good team and they are going to be a true force in the NFC for years to come. Enjoy your new stadium and see you in the playoffs next time!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Helluva game, Vikes. I didn't even want to watch that last 30 seconds. MIN had the better QB today, luck just wasn't on their side.

vonstout

Reaction score
It was a great gameplan for the Vikes. I don't think they had a pass over 10 yards until Kam gambled and missed on the last drive. RW struggled with the deep ball because of the weather, otherwise I don't think it would have been that close. The Vikes play calling was better than ours. RW made some huge plays in the 4th Q though. We wouldn't have won without him

marko358

Reaction score
Awesome game by the Vikes and I'll eat a little crow for discounting their D and the weather.

irocdave

Reaction score
Yes, great game plan and execution by the Vikings. They gave the Hawks everything they could handle and more. That D is stellar, the Hawks offense crapped the bed and couldn't get anything going. The Hawks escaped this game with a win, it's hard to say the hawks didn't deserve to win it because the defense did, but RW and the offense deserved to lose and go home.

The weather played a huge part and the Vikings had a game plan that factored it in, and the Hawks offense looked like they thought it would be 50 degrees. Teddy looked like more of an NFL QB than RW.

You all have a bright future with that team and should be excited about next year.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Anyone who's followed the Seahawks for any length of time will know that we Seahawks fans understand these kinds of losses all too well. We've been on the other side of these kinds of heartbreaks before, so know how it feels. As I mentioned before, my father-in-law is a born and raised Minnesotan and a die-hard Vikings fan (and Twins, Gophers, the whole bit), so I get it completely. I know how he's feeling right now -- kind of how we all felt at the tail end of the 2012 season -- coming a mere 28 seconds from a trip to the NFC Championship only to watch Matt Ryan's FG dash that to pieces. But that heartbreaking loss was the catalyst for the following season. Russell Wilson and the rest of the team talked about how that loss became the fuel that powered them to a Super Bowl Championship the following season.

Don't hang your heads Vikings fans. Minnesota played one whale of a game in horrendous conditions. And make no mistake about it -- Seattle by all rights should have lost this game (I know it and the Seahawks players all know it.) They dodged a huge bullet and got a out right gift of a win. Some days it's better to be lucky than good.

You guys are close to being serious perennial championship contenders ... and I look forward to epic battles with this team in the future. Good luck next season Vikings fans. Remember to lay one (or two) on Green Bay.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Vikes45":2vbxpb3q said:
Thanks fellas, I'm going to definitely carry this far into the offseason and have nothing but positive feelings for next season. New stadium, and I think some additions on offense. It's all good.

Good luck to the Seahawks, the class of the NFC.
Yeah, the Vikings are arriving on the scene, not a team about to leave it. Mike Zimmer is the right coach, the team is laden with talent, talent, talent. I don't have a "2nd" favorite team, but I'm digging the roster of players the Vikings continue to assemble. When the game begain, my youngest son (one of 2 pretty good football players I've got) sat next to me and said, "Dang, the Vikings have McKinnon, Diggs, etc. rattled off player after player and nearly listed the entire starting roster of how many excellent players they have. The Vikings are a top 10 team in the NFL and I fully expect them to stay there in the foreseeable future.

I felt going into this season that the Vikes are a team on the rise and I believe I'm on record in some thread saying such. I don't know that this game is quite the same as the Seattle loss at Atlanta the year before the Super Bowl XLVIII team, but now all those young players have just logged some valuable playoff game experience. I fully expect to be battling the Vikings in the Tournament for quite some time and they will be formidable.

Please stick around .net - You're the kind of opposing fan I like.

Oh yeah, that new Stadium looks like it's going to be incredible. Fans there deserve it after all the trouble with the Metrodome.

NINEster

Reaction score
irocdave":2xpkth3m said:
Yes, great game plan and execution by the Vikings. They gave the Hawks everything they could handle and more. That D is stellar, the Hawks offense crapped the bed and couldn't get anything going. The Hawks escaped this game with a win, it's hard to say the hawks didn't deserve to win it because the defense did, but RW and the offense deserved to lose and go home.

The weather played a huge part and the Vikings had a game plan that factored it in, and the Hawks offense looked like they thought it would be 50 degrees. Teddy looked like more of an NFL QB than RW.

You all have a bright future with that team and should be excited about next year.

This is where this pat on the back falls short....

Who is to say the Vikings even come back better next year?

No guarantee they will. I'm not rooting against it, but it's certainly possible.

Look at the Bengals loss last night.....same crap. They win and they are on upward trajectory for years to come......now the creepy self doubt will no doubt kick in, and they might lose their coach.

The Lions loss to the Cowboys in the wildcard last year....12-4, and this year they sucked.

49ers losing to the Hawks in 2013.......was the final straw of that little run.

I wish in my heart the better team could win all of these games, and the inferior team gets sent home.

This is no best of 7 series.

Rough game.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":1nf7zasp said:
irocdave":1nf7zasp said:

This is where this pat on the back falls short....

Who is to say the Vikings even come back better next year?

No guarantee they will. I'm not rooting against it, but it's certainly possible.

Look at the Bengals loss last night.....same crap. They win and they are on upward trajectory for years to come......now the creepy self doubt will no doubt kick in, and they might lose their coach.

The Lions loss to the Cowboys in the wildcard last year....12-4, and this year they sucked.

49ers losing to the Hawks in 2013.......was the final straw of that little run.

I wish in my heart the better team could win all of these games, and the inferior team gets sent home.

This is no best of 7 series.

Rough game.

They come back stronger because they play the game with the right attitude, didn't hear or see anyone blaming anyone or pointing fingers, even the Kicker took responsibility.

That's the difference, being able to be stronger and learn and apply that next time. I believe what I seen from the Vikes that will happen.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
That was a helluva game. Nothing to hang your heads about on either team. Hard-nosed, old fashioned football. We should have put the game away--twice--late in the 4th quarter and didn't. Lucky Ray Finkle play sealed the game, but all game long, it was really anyone's ball game.

Vikings are going to be back and better next year.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Glad to see this thread.
We've all been there.

Minnesota was seconds away from advancing. Had Hauschka missed that same kick, we'd all be Beyond pissed.
And there's nothing wrong with offering condolences to opposing fans, anyway. Specifically those who have posted in a respectful manner.

Both sides fought hard in brutal conditions.