Philly fans....

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just gotta say...

...I argue with alot of you on this board as I would of course expect being on the board of a division rival. Its par for the course.

I just have to say after this last week and today, Philly has the worst fans in pro sports.

Not even close.

I mean some of the conversations I've had today were with some of the most uneducated sports fans I've ever seen.

Look, Niners lost. It sucked. As Seahawks fans I'm sure you guys enjoyed every second. That all good.

The simple concept that what we saw yesterday wasn't the game it should have been is completely lost on them. The number of times I've read "we won a SB with a backup!!" as if that situation was remotely similar is astounding. "Does Purdy play defense? 31 points!!" As if the 49ers didn't turn the ball over in Eagle territory or an inept offense handing the ball back to the other team over and over and over doesn't impact the score of a game. "Even if Purdy had played, he wouldn't have scored more than 31!!" as if offense and defense are played in a vacuum and have no impact on each other.

Maybe Niners lose regardless, but its pretty clear to me what we saw yesterday was a team that didn't have a QB who could throw a forward pass and NOBODY wins a game in that situation.

I ain't looking for sympathy here (I'd get none), just sayin....WOW is the Philly fanbase bad.

JPatera76

Reaction score
thats not just fans .. it seems like its people too lol "city of brotherly love" my ass. imo

James in PA

Reaction score
Try living in this region! They are indeed the absolute worst. That's why I said that yesterday's NFCCG was a no-win for me. I'm sure you saw the video of that clown harassing Joey Bosa outside of the stadium. That guy is the epitome of a Philly fan. The voice, the language, everything. Just so over the top d-bag-ish. Granted, Joey Bosa did himself no favors by using a homophonic slur and bragging about how much $ he has, but still....

Go Chiefs! That would really stick in Philly's craw if their former coach beat them.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I had a great time in Philly for the Army-Navy game 3 years ago, but among the biggest a-holes I ever met while I was in the military were dudes from Philly. Talk about a chip on their shoulder, wow. Abrasive about nearly everything. It didn't matter what the topic of conversation was, they'd argue. Just a miserable group of people (that I encountered, at least). When I went to the Army-Navy game I carried a weapon, that's how bad I expected it. Fortunately, and surprisingly, we ended up having an awesome time, in and out of the stadium.

Vesuve

Reaction score
^ and ^^

Yeah, Philly fans are hard....crude....rude....you name it...I used to go to Philly to sports games and also have fun.

Bus loads of New Jersey Devil and Philly Flyer NHL fans would come down to DC to their on-the-road hockey games all boozed up and abusive.

A wild bunch.

The Eagles v. Niner game was pretty lame to watch, IMO.....I didn't mind the Eagles winning and for the SB57 coming KC has been to the last 3 out of 4 SBs, correct? (I've forgotten.....age. :)

The Cincy v. KC AFCCC was a lot more entertaining....I was hoping for the Bengals. Oh, well.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
^ and ^^

Yeah, Philly fans are hard....crude....rude....you name it...I used to go to Philly to sports games and also have fun.

Bus loads of New Jersey Devil and Philly Flyer NHL fans would come down to DC to their on-the-road hockey games all boozed up and abusive.

A wild bunch.

The Eagles v. Niner game was pretty lame to watch, IMO.....I didn't mind the Eagles winning and for the SB57 coming KC has been to the last 3 out of 4 SBs, correct? (I've forgotten.....age. :)

The Cincy v. KC AFCCC was a lot more entertaining....I was hoping for the Bengals. Oh, well.

With obvious exception of the 49er win, I was all in on the Bengals. I like watching a team get its first ring.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Just gotta say...

...I argue with alot of you on this board as I would of course expect being on the board of a division rival. Its par for the course.

I just have to say after this last week and today, Philly has the worst fans in pro sports.

Not even close.

I mean some of the conversations I've had today were with some of the most uneducated sports fans I've ever seen.

Look, Niners lost. It sucked. As Seahawks fans I'm sure you guys enjoyed every second. That all good.

The simple concept that what we saw yesterday wasn't the game it should have been is completely lost on them. The number of times I've read "we won a SB with a backup!!" as if that situation was remotely similar is astounding. "Does Purdy play defense? 31 points!!" As if the 49ers didn't turn the ball over in Eagle territory or an inept offense handing the ball back to the other team over and over and over doesn't impact the score of a game. "Even if Purdy had played, he wouldn't have scored more than 31!!" as if offense and defense are played in a vacuum and have no impact on each other.

Maybe Niners lose regardless, but its pretty clear to me what we saw yesterday was a team that didn't have a QB who could throw a forward pass and NOBODY wins a game in that situation.

I ain't looking for sympathy here (I'd get none), just sayin....WOW is the Philly fanbase bad.

They are the worst. Probably the only field that I wouldn't risk wearing an opposing jersey too.

If Purdy doesn't get injured, no way do they score 31. They wouldn't have had enough TOP for it.

I still think they win but it would be by 10 or less.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I hate the Niners.. It's a long story. Involves Steve Young, Mormonism, and a whole bunch of deep rooted crap. I don't hate them as much since J. Lynch started and I have gotten to know some close friends who are Niner die hards....

That said.

I can't see how anyone could have objectively watched the NFCCG and enjoyed it. It was almost like a forfeit that had to be played contractually. It was painful to watch. I like watching the Niners lose, but I like the actually LOSING part, where they get outplayed and out schemed by their opponent . This strangely, wasn't that. At least I now know what it was like to watch a NFL game in 1947 or whenever it was before the forward pass was invented.

Point is, despite my Niner ire, no professional team should work that hard and sacrifice so much during the season to not even be able to field a full team in the finale, it was unfortunate. Any fan who doesn't recognize that is a sub 100 IQ human being. I wonder how Eagles fans think the Phillies would do if they had to pitch Bryce Harper in a game seven?

Last edited:

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
Just gotta say...

Not even close.

I thought it would be a good game.
I believed the 49er Offense with its run game and passing attack would be a big challenge for the Eagles Defense.

The 49ers Defense would definitely be an issue for any Offense.

Once Brock Purdy was lost it was obvious to any educated football fan that the Eagles Defense would focus on stopping the 49er run game and force JOSH JOHNSON to throw the ball.

This NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME was over before the 2nd Qrt started.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And too bad that it was. Most NFL fans like myself felt robbed of what should and could have been a fantastic game. However, there are no guarantees in life and injuries are the norm in this sport and all you can do as a fan is pray it doesn't happen to any one of your players at the most inappropriate times.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

This guy personally let my nephew into Penn as the admissions dean.

Torc

Reaction score
I have to admit, I was hoping to see the 49ers absolutely dismantled. I wanted to see Purdy get a real welcome to the NFL. The whole Mr. Irrelevant narrative, to a rival fan, is SUPER annoying (and if it was OUR last pick of the draft I'd be thrilled, obviously). I wanted to see him take a bunch of sacks, throw a few ints and come back down to reality. I did NOT want to see him get injured (apart from being very sore on Monday :) ) But I also wanted to see a game of it. And I certainly don't want to see Purdy's career at risk. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Eagles fans should be relieved, not proud. As you said, the lack of offense 100% contributed to the final score. Yes, the Eagles had to work REAL hard when there literally wasn't a QB on the field. 🙄 What we essentially had to watch was a 1950s offense against a modern defense. It wasn't even a contest.

Latest posts