Great News. (Rawls related)

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":85wtb5gc said:
muxpux":85wtb5gc said:
As a skateboarder who has had my ankles x-rayed numerous times and came back negative.... Sprains can be worse than breaks sometimes. There's lots of bones in the feet. One cracks and it's a "break" but it isn't necessarily how you picture a broken arm or something. All I'm trying to say is I've heard of plenty of people walking off broken ankles, yet last time I sprained mine I could hardly limp
As basketball player who on numerous occasions had ankles that looked like grapefruits at the bottom of my legs, I agree.

Same, sprained my ankle a few times landing wrong off a rebound or landing on someone's foot and twisting it. Sprained my ankle over month ago and it still hasn't healed completely.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nk4oqou said:
Great news.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but even with his injury I'm just fine going into next season
as Rawls as the starting RB. I saw enough to know this kid's special.

Yup. Whatever happens this season is already set. Having a positive outlook at RB next
year, at this point in this season, is pretty sweet.

Crizilla

Reaction score
so i guess we'll just keep waiting until Pete confirms if he needs surgery or not. I'm not buying anything unless it's Pete that says it

Bobblehead

Reaction score
But does this cover the ligament damage, which could be more of an issue than the fracture.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sprains can be worse. I sprained my ankle and couldn't walk for a month but when I broke my finger I was running as soon as I sobered up.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sprains can be worse,I had a high ankle sprain sliding into 2nd base where my heel hit front of bag.One loud crack and numbness up the leg.It turned out to be a frontal and took over a year to feel right.Not so much pain but a spongy feeling
it was weird.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
muxpux":359uek8q said:
As a skateboarder who has had my ankles x-rayed numerous times and came back negative.... Sprains can be worse than breaks sometimes. There's lots of bones in the feet. One cracks and it's a "break" but it isn't necessarily how you picture a broken arm or something. All I'm trying to say is I've heard of plenty of people walking off broken ankles, yet last time I sprained mine I could hardly limp
When it's foot/hand related, sprains usually ARE worse than breaks.

As long as its a minor fracture your body will repair it waaaaaaaay faster than a sprain which usually involves more parts that are naturally tender.

Every time i sprain something i tell people i wish i broke it, and they look at me weird, but i have a good reason.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Was able to find this regarding the situation. Sounds like it's not for certain yet, but at least leaning that way.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/jessamcintyre/status/676539396967915521[/tweet]

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Sprains definitely worse from my own experience.

Double bone and ligament fracture to my right ankle -- healed naturally in 6-8 weeks and I started doing sport again

Sprained left ankle -- couldn't walk properly for six months, didn't play sport again for 10 months.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, if surgery is required, it would have to wait until the swelling subsides I think. They may not know fully yet.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":whtgvu7b said:
Sprains can be worse. I sprained my ankle and couldn't walk for a month but when I broke my finger I was running as soon as I sobered up.
Yeah, that kinda stuff always seem to happen when you go out dancin' and then after having a few drinks, some damned fool steps on your fingers. :vodka:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
As I reported in an earlier post, a "broken ankle" may be only cracked. Having had one myself, I can report that it is no less painful when compared to a sprain. Thomas Rawls' ankle will have to be immobilized for six weeks. It will be "tender" for another month, so he won't be running on it. By mid March he will gradually return to training. He should have full cutting mobility sometime in May

Mike 4G

Reaction score
That's great news if true. Get him back healthy for next season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
marko358":3lu422n3 said:
Tweet was posted in a couple of other Rawls threads.

I'll see myself out. :)
Modding a mod.

You got some balls, son.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seriously? I trust Wilson can carry this team but it'd be nice if he had just a little help. I'm hoping ML comes back before we're forced to fine him. :mrgreen:

In Wilson and Lockett I trust. Kansas State rocks boys believe it.

Latest posts