Greatest Picture

rabbit jacker

Reaction score
I think this might be just as good. Have no idea where it's from. But I love everything about it.

Attachments

• 1357707732001.jpg
    1357707732001.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 961

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
Hey all. Can you guys explain to me about Sherman and burning cities one by one thing.

Im pretty sure it's a history thing but it's still really over my head. I want to laugh too.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Can't say I see the humor in the caption....and I'm not even from The South. Pretty darn offensive words no matter how you wrap it. I know there are lot of people that didn't adequately study/appreciate history in school, but I think most people from Atlanta are well versed in that particular slice of it.

This pic was done in poor taste.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Yes...it may be offensive...but it's BRILLIANT!!! For this week, we should refer to Sherman as "General."

The Radish

Reaction score
Greenhell":34i1e6g8 said:
It would be even better if someone photo shopped out Clint Eastwood. Sherm rides his own damn horse!

That's William Tecumsah Sherman not Clint Eastwood.

The primary thing that all Atlantans will laugh at is the fact the picture is backwards. They are marching the wrong way!

Yes its funny but to me a Civil War interested person not very applicable. The loss of a football game hardly is fitting to the burning of Atlanta, even tho not very much of Atlanta was really burned.

muxpux

Reaction score
should we just have a thread full of Seahawks memes from LOLhawks and seahawks memes on FB?

BlueTalons

Reaction score
The Radish":y8x42qh0 said:
The primary thing that all Atlantans will laugh at is the fact the picture is backwards. They are marching the wrong way!

Yes its funny but to me a Civil War interested person not very applicable. The loss of a football game hardly is fitting to the burning of Atlanta, even tho not very much of Atlanta was really burned.
Is it backwards? Are not the swords worn on the left side like the solider riding the horse behind Sherm?

Anyway...we are WAY over analyzing this...we just need to take the brilliancy of this pic and LET IT RIDE!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

DTexHawk

Reaction score
The Radish":3c0dcgne said:
Greenhell":3c0dcgne said:
It would be even better if someone photo shopped out Clint Eastwood. Sherm rides his own damn horse!

And you should know since you were there. :p

Am curious why you think they are marching the "wrong" way?

The Radish

Reaction score
Just watched a program on it again a couple of weeks ago.

During the burning of Atlanta the Union officers & men stayed on a hill outside the city and could see it burn. It clearly shows Atlanta as opposed to where they were and the Atlantic Ocean is to the right.

I've seen that very picture many times only moving and they are going to the right towards the sea not back towards Atlanta.

Of course this could be photoshopped pretty easily.

:les:

muxpux

Reaction score
254657_550945804916559_1158877306_n.jpg

Greenhell

Reaction score
The Radish":2n0ub17u said:
Greenhell":2n0ub17u said:

I knew that Radish but doesn't he look like Eastwood with the little cig in his mouth? lol.