Seahawks officially out of playoff picture

Mizak

Reaction score
Rams won and since they have tiebreaker over Seahawks, they have the 6th/7th playoff spot.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Well, as much as I love the Hawks.

They don't deserve to be in just yet. If they somehow go on a late run then I might feel differently.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
It ain't over til it's over. The Rams still could get beat.

James in PA

Reaction score
Well, then, I guess the Seahawks need to run the table or lose one more at most. 9-8 probably ain't gonna get it done this year. They have nobody but themselves to blame for getting SWEPT by the Rams.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
All these games matter. More so the divisional games.
Our team has no business sniffing the playoffs with the way we’ve played.

Pete acts hohum at the end of these games but they matter.

We need changes. Deep philosophical changes. Our coach is getting OWNED by the NFC West and I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

ivotuk

Reaction score
What a whiny post.

There's a Dr Pepper commercial where they say "The seasons over!" and torch their gear..." after the 1st play.
I thought it was fantastical hyperbole. Apparently not.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
What a whiny post.

There's a Dr Pepper commercial where they say "The seasons over!" and torch their gear..." after the 1st play.
I thought it was fantastical hyperbole. Apparently not.
If it was the 1st game of the year and I would agree. However the Seahawks are struggling and the season is winding down. I think it's reasonable and to be expected that a lot of fans are not only nervous how the season would end but frustrated too.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score
The New York Times playoff predictor pegs our chances of making the playoffs at 23%:

While that's not particularly good, the teams we are in competition with don't exactly have cake walks. So while it's not too early to start watching the scoreboard, plot various scenarios, and figure odds, it's still way too early to write us off.

Wheetie

Reaction score
The New York Times playoff predictor pegs our chances of making the playoffs at 23%:

While that's not particularly good, the teams we are in competition with don't exactly have cake walks. So while it's not too early to start watching the scoreboard, plot various scenarios, and figure odds, it's still way too early to write us off.
This may be right, but any team relying on other teams to lose to make the playoffs, at this point in the season, doesn't really deserve to be in. That's my take anyways.

hawker84

Reaction score
Please, spare us the national embarrassment. We better see some serious off season moves next year. And ya I'm talking coaching staff first and foremost. I'm also calling out Adams, Dremont jones, Diggs, Darryl Taylor, the entire interior D Line except for Williams and Reed, the entire intreior Offensive line except for Bradford, think he's got some potential. Until we beef up our trenches, all these shiny toys Pete loves so much at skill positions is irrelevant. Draft our QBOTF and let's get back to owning this division......

bigskydoc

Reaction score
23% seems a little high, but we played the Niners better than the #1 team in the NFC. Transitive property doesn’t work in the NFL, and divisional rivalry, and alll that, but anything is still possible.

Not sure if I really want to make the playoffs. We need some draft help, and some coaching turnover, and not making the playoffs puts us in a better position for both.

James in PA

Reaction score
23% seems a little high, but we played the Niners better than the #1 team in the NFC. Transitive property doesn’t work in the NFL, and divisional rivalry, and alll that, but anything is still possible.

Not sure if I really want to make the playoffs. We need some draft help, and some coaching turnover, and not making the playoffs puts us in a better position for both.
Normally, I'd disagree and say that playoffs is always better than no playoffs. But I just can't take another 1 and done and Pete's faux hope end of year press conference. Real change is needed, starting with him. I'd like to see what John can do without Pete meddling. First order of business, those 2 drastically overpaid safeties are so outta here. Second order of business, draft a damn QB for once. Third, draft interior players early and often on both sides. No more corners, WR, RB. Just stay the hell away from those! And never build from the outside in AGAIN, friggin morons!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Normally, I'd disagree and say that playoffs is always better than no playoffs.
Same. I’ve been on the fence about Carroll for a while now. On the one hand, he brings a level of fun and excitement to the game. On the other, the game is progressively passing him by.

I think it’s the rule changes more than anything else. Defensive football is slowly being regulated away, and ball control game planning isn’t going to take you deep into the playoffs anymore, unless you have a truly historic, stifling defense, with superstars at most positions. If it were the early 2000’s, I think this team, with these players, could actually make a run.

If we had an interior defensive line, and if our safeties played to the level of their contracts, then I think Carroll would take us deep, even in the current environment. If we were going to do it, though, it would have been this year.

It’s time to admit that we’ve simply whiffed on too many players, and it’s time for an overhaul.

I wish I were a fly on the wall, and could point fingers at where blame for our personnel problem lies. On the one hand, our drafting of late has excelled, on the other, our trade and free agent acquisitions have destroyed us. Is it Pete holding back John, or vice versa?

I think it’s definitely time for Pete to go, and I think we need to focus on building through the draft, with John, and completely avoid adding players in trade, until we are truly on the cusp of something great.