Greg Cosell on the Herd

ensett

Reaction score
If Browner isn't physical, no player in the NFL is.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I read Greg Cosell and realized whatever he is trying to say is invalidated. He is a tool.

He's right up there with Pete Prisco and anything on Bleacher Report for immediate ignore.

FOGHORN

Reaction score
Steve2222":22bg6lrs said:
People act like Roddy and Julio are unguardable.

And some people on here act like Browner and Sherman are the best corners in the history of the NFL.

I don't think White/Jones are untouchable nor do I feel Browner/Sherman are bums. It does surprise me for Cosell to say they aren't physical. Very puzzling. But had he said they are going to dominate there would be a lot of cyber high fiving and declaring this guy an NFL guru.

I guess all fan message boards are created equal as far as the make up of fans. Some guys on the Falcon boards get riled up too over objective comments.

kidhawk

Reaction score
FOGHORN":3iuy3i3p said:
Steve2222":3iuy3i3p said:

And some people on hear act like Browner and Sherman are the best corners in the history of the NFL.

I don't think White/Jones are untouchable nor do I feel Browner/Sherman are bums. It does surprise me for Cosell to say they aren't physical. Very puzzling. But had he said they are going to dominate there would be a lot of cyber high fiving and declaring this guy an NFL guru.

I guess all fan message boards are created equal as far as the make up of fans. Some guys on the Falcon boards get riled up too over objective comments.

I think all message boards have "these types of fans", but in this situation, I don't care whether he says they are good or not good, can cover these guys or not cover these guys, but to say that Browner isn't physical is idiotic. There's an argument for Sherman, because he does tend to let guys seem to run a bit more free, because he's more of a ball hawk. He WANTS the qb to throw his way. Browner likes to just manhandle receivers at the line. Browner is the definition of physical. That type of play doesn't best every type of receiver, and until Sunday, we won't know how it will work against the Falcons receivers he covers, but one thing Browner will be is PHYSICAL.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
And there was me thinking everything Cosell says was the gospel? Or is that just according to the fan boys on Twitter?

OP
OP
Okungfu

Okungfu

Reaction score
I don't tend to pay attention to the media unless its something so ridiculous that I have to laugh . This guy studies film for a living and must have watched the skins game , yet he states their not physical ? I'm not the guy that will post every negative comment said about my team , but come on Cosell shame on you and Coherd for commenting on how insightful his football knowledge is .

-The Glove-

Reaction score
FOGHORN":3g6b0ykk said:
Steve2222":3g6b0ykk said:

And some people on hear act like Browner and Sherman are the best corners in the history of the NFL.

Weird...I've yet to see one person say that Browner and Sherman would shut down Julio and Roddy.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
To be clear, Cosell said that Sherman and Browner were not physical at the line of scrimmage. His definition was that they will not manhandle the WR's off of the line, but their game is more to quick jab and mirror rather than maul the WR right at the snap.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3fu09how said:
To be clear, Cosell said that Sherman and Browner were not physical at the line of scrimmage. His definition was that they will not manhandle the WR's off of the line, but their game is more to quick jab and mirror rather than maul the WR right at the snap.

How dare you bring facts into this.

Cosell lives in film rooms and bases his opinions on tape-watching. He's one of the most well-respected analysts out there. And he's right - Sherman and Browner often give a sharp jam and then turn to run. Their physicality often comes afterward as they come back to their man on stick routes.

Sorry if I'm a "fanboy on twitter" for liking him...

kidhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":lqtuc91v said:
CurryStopstheRuns":lqtuc91v said:

Cosell lives in film rooms and bases his opinions on tape-watching. He's one of the most well-respected analysts out there. And he's right - Sherman and Browner often give a sharp jam and then turn to run. Their physicality often comes afterward as they come back to their man on stick routes.

Like I said above, saying Sherman isn't overly physical I can easily buy into, because he plays a different style, but Browner is definitely physical. Browner has grown to be a SMART physical DB so as to not get the flags he used to get, but that doesn't mean he's not physical. He's as physical as you can be at the position and not get constant flags.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ajfh9ev said:
MontanaHawk05":3ajfh9ev said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3ajfh9ev said:

Like I said above, saying Sherman isn't overly physical I can easily buy into, because he plays a different style, but Browner is definitely physical. Browner has grown to be a SMART physical DB so as to not get the flags he used to get, but that doesn't mean he's not physical. He's as physical as you can be at the position and not get constant flags.

You apparently skipped over what I wrote.

FOGHORN

Reaction score

Latest posts