Spoon vs Chase

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I believe Chase and Spoon were teammates, and as such a mutual respect exist between them. That all said, I have to believe that Coach Hurt is gonna cover Chase like stink on poop, to put it mildly. The Seahawks know that Chase is the Bengals biggest threat.

Eliminate that threat and the Bengals are all but done in this one.
Seahawks will bring lots of pressure to Joe Burrows in the pocket, forcing him to get trigger happy, creating plenty of opportunities for turnovers.

The Bengals defense is about last in the league stopping the run. With K-9 and Zach repeatedly pounding the rock up their arses, allowing the Seahawks control of the field, the clock, and uhm, putting points on the board, the Bengals defense will be overworked and exhausted, and the Bengals offense will see very little play time.

Play our cards right and the Seahawks defense may get the much deserved rest between possessions that they have not always enjoyed with Geno Smith’s 1st down conversions being harder earned than they should be in some of our previous games this season, albeit Geno has continued to improve in that statistic with each passing game.

Watching Joe Burrows practice videos this week, it appeared to me that Joe’s still favoring his injured calf, and is still limited by it.
If the Seahawks do put Joe on the run, and can rough him up with a few sacks, he’ll likely agitate it even further, compromising his deep threat passing capabilities.

I think this matchup with the Bengals is a great opportunity, and test for the Seahawks in all aspects of their game. If we look as in sync and professional as a whole team in this game, which includes holding the Bengals scoring success to a minimum, while capitalizing on our own scoring opportunities, and can win convincingly, it will silence any remaining doubters and solidify our credibility as a genuine threat in the NFL and the NFC. It would also put the NFL as a whole, on notice that whenever they play the Seahawks, they need to be afraid, very, very afraid. Let’s Fly Seahawks!
Nice take chat, fully agree with this post. Well said !

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
We can speculate all day about how well the Seahawks secondary matches up with Chase, but I’m more worried about whether we can get pressure on Burrow.

balakoth

Reaction score
Anyone have a brother that used to get you into fights by talking smack? I did.

That's what I feel like DK did to Witherspoon. What did he think he was doing? Chase and co. are a damn good of team as it is. Why give them bulletin board material?
Does anyone seriously think this is an actual thing with these Athletes?

Atradees

Reaction score
I see our defense not even asking the right questions..we are gonna get smoked by a losing team.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I believe Chase and Spoon were teammates, and as such a mutual respect exist between them.

When and where? Witherspoon was born in Florida and went to high school there, then went to college at the University of Illinois. Chase was born in Louisiana, went to high school there, and stayed there for college at LSU.

EDITED to add: when I replied, I hadn't yet seen @KinesProf's comment asking exactly the same question. I'm leaving this one here because I added more details (and yes, @Bear-Hawk had already added some of them), but @KinesProf and @Bear-Hawk got there first.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Does anyone seriously think this is an actual thing with these Athletes?

It's the kind of sports-talk-radio or talking-head-mediot narrative that people eat up as explanations that don't involve understanding technical details of offensive and defensive tactics, and of individual players' strengths and weaknesses.

keasley45

Reaction score
Not only is Chase moved around a lot - we are usually in a cover 3 and nobody is particularly shadowing Chase who will find those honey holes in 2 seconds at a pop. It’s essentially their bread and butter “running game” equivalent for Joe Burrow. Let Jamal Adams be a disruptive force against the underneath in-breaking routes.
Yeah, I don't see it as a 1v1 matchup. They're going to put Chase on whatever DB they feel they can take advantage of and keep going there, same way Carolina did. I'm just hoping the back end is tighter now 3 weeks on and that Brown being back shores things up some. In theory, there isn't a weak link in our CB group, so they can try to work him against a favorable matchup, but it's not like we are marching and scrub DBs out there. Woolen, Witherspoon, Brown... there's nothing schematically there to exploit consistently.

Latest posts