Gronk suspended for 1 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
He's a primadonna in my book. His ego is so large that he believes the world revolves around him. What's worse is he's appealing the suspension. That's a sham. Take your punishment like a man.

253hawk

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":xdkzvlvf said:
his audacity to appeal should tell you all you need to know about the guy, hopefully he breaks a leg next time he's on the field

I believe the NFLPA automatically files appeals on behalf of the players when a suspension is on the table, regardless of the action. Obviously the evidence is 100% crystal clear in this case, but it makes sure that the NFL goes through the proper procedures and investigates the incident thoroughly enough so that there's no questions or grey areas.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
But...but...but....he's so fun and drunk and lovable.....

Deserved at least two games.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
253hawk":1w7v6m7l said:
Str8OuttaSkittles":1w7v6m7l said:
his audacity to appeal should tell you all you need to know about the guy, hopefully he breaks a leg next time he's on the field

I believe the NFLPA automatically files appeals on behalf of the players when a suspension is on the table, regardless of the action. Obviously the evidence is 100% crystal clear in this case, but it makes sure that the NFL goes through the proper procedures and investigates the incident thoroughly enough so that there's no questions or grey areas.
the same nflpa that tre is apart of lol system is messed up

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I don't get the case for no suspension? The idea that somebody got away with something in 1986 (um, 30 years ago, right?) somehow makes this OK just doesn't work as an idea. At all.

The NFL needs less idiotic brutality, not more. Play hard, hit hard, respect your opponent and the game that's made you wealthy. That doesn't seem to be Gronkowski's bag.

Also, sorry Ivo, but the idea that BB will voluntarily extend the suspension seems very far-fetched indeed. To my knowledge, he's never shown that he values anything but winning -- rules, player health, personal ethics all seem to take a back seat with that guy.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Legacy team punishment..nothing to see here...Gronk better get off the roids and coke...turning him into a mad man. Imo he should of been suspended for the year

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
253hawk":4te202my said:
Does your belief have any evidence? I think you're probably right, but I have no idea one way or the other and would like to know more.

adeltaY

Reaction score
mistaowen":1f56ct1z said:
Josea16":1f56ct1z said:
adeltaY":1f56ct1z said:
The sad thing is they could suspend him for the rest of the regular season and the Pats would still win out.
You're beyond silly. As it is currently Wilson can and will match Brady play for play. Pretty interesting that our OL is decent and Davis is okay and Carson will be ready by Dallas. Yeah, it's full on non Seahawks fan.

My coworker who is a Patriots fan isn't happy and calling us cheaters. Bring it.

What? Seahawks wouldn't play the Pats this year unless in the super bowl....

Patriots do have a cake walk back to the SB, AFC is garbage.

Yeah wtf, I was talking about the regular season. They have the Steelers and then the rest of the AFC East on their schedule. It's a cakewalk.

How does that have anything to do with the Seahawks and how does that make me not a fan? :?:

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":11w01wst said:
253hawk":11w01wst said:
Does your belief have any evidence? I think you're probably right, but I have no idea one way or the other and would like to know more.
https://operations.nfl.com/football-ops/fines-appeals/ looks like the player has to appeal going from this although douchegronks case was rightly denied

Josea16

Reaction score
He's lucky he only got suspended for one game. It really should have been 2-4 games.

Pape

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2oxzvaa6 said:
Legacy team punishment..nothing to see here...Gronk better get off the roids and coke...turning him into a mad man. Imo he should of been suspended for the year

Legacy team? The Pats? whos first season was in 1960, in a completely different league?

the cardinals (1920), bears (1920), packers (1921) & giants (1925) are legacy teams.

as for gronk, a game is fine. suh got two games for repeatedly pile-driving evan d-smth's head into the ground then stomping on his arm...

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Pape":3i748xq2 said:
Cyrus12":3i748xq2 said:

Legacy team? The Pats? whos first season was in 1960, in a completely different league?

the cardinals (1920), bears (1920), packers (1921) & giants (1925) are legacy teams.

as for gronk, a game is fine. suh got two games for repeatedly pile-driving evan d-smth's head into the ground then stomping on his arm...

Hey, this hit got 2 games in 1986:

[youtube]fr7UcrLLybo[/youtube]

Pape

Reaction score
Maulbert":2fdw7rqm said:
Pape":2fdw7rqm said:
Cyrus12":2fdw7rqm said:

Hey, this hit got 2 games in 1986:

[youtube]fr7UcrLLybo[/youtube]

That looks twice as worse to me. Thanks for making my point for me.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pape":syk1mdqz said:
What Suh did was on the field during live play. What Gronk did was well after the play while the guy was also halfway to being completely out of bounds and completely unnecessary, as well as very dangerous because it DID give the other guy a concussion. If I were the other player, I'd remember this and if I had CTE later in life, I'd show up at Gronk's house and guilt-trip the hell out of him in front of his kids.

It was childish and wrong, which is no surprise considering Gronk's man-child personality.

Pape

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":339w9ptf said:
Pape":339w9ptf said:
What Suh did was on the field during live play. What Gronk did was well after the play while the guy was also halfway to being completely out of bounds and completely unnecessary, as well as very dangerous because it DID give the other guy a concussion. If I were the other player, I'd remember this and if I had CTE later in life, I'd show up at Gronk's house and guilt-trip the hell out of him in front of his kids.

It was childish and wrong, which is no surprise considering Gronk's man-child personality.

Oh course it was wrong. One game is fine. No reason to have a knee jerk reaction. Everything has to be spun out of control these days, doesnt it?

As for Suh, dont give me that crap that "it was in the game" - Thats pathetic. Suh slammed the helmet of a player into the ground repeatedly then stomped on him AFTER the freaking play was over.

chris98251

Reaction score
So next game does Gronk do a Tombstone Pile driver on someone, Call Vince we have a new Undertaker!

Exittium

Reaction score
Pape":5jkjvnwo said:
RolandDeschain":5jkjvnwo said:
Pape":5jkjvnwo said:

Oh course it was wrong. One game is fine. No reason to have a knee jerk reaction. Everything has to be spun out of control these days, doesnt it?

As for Suh, dont give me that crap that "it was in the game" - Thats pathetic. Suh slammed the helmet of a player into the ground repeatedly then stomped on him AFTER the freaking play was over.

Typical pats fan, team can do no wrong. You probably though A. Hernandez was innocent too.

Knee jerk reaction? Spun out of control? Lol Gronk has time to think about it and reacted. This wasn’t a “I’m the heat of the moment or game” hits it was a, “me gronk upset, me hurt you now” bullshit move that he admitted to being upset/angry lol. 1 game is a slap on the hand. 2 games and a hefty fine yes. Suu has his reputation the league knows about it and he has had numerous suspensions and hefty fines.

Pape

Reaction score
Exittium":3hfqicj0 said:
Pape":3hfqicj0 said:
RolandDeschain":3hfqicj0 said:
Pape":3hfqicj0 said:

Typical pats fan, team can do no wrong. You probably though A. Hernandez was innocent too.

Knee jerk reaction? Spun out of control? Lol Gronk has time to think about it and reacted. This wasn’t a “I’m the heat of the moment or game” hits it was a, “me gronk upset, me hurt you now” bullshit move that he admitted to being upset/angry lol. 1 game is a slap on the hand. 2 games and a hefty fine yes. Suu has his reputation the league knows about it and he has had numerous suspensions and hefty fines.

typical seahawk fan, sees anything related to the Pats, eyes go red and fill with blood remembering the 2 yard line int.

gronk grunted an apology, and will serve his suspension. end of story. it will probably cost him around 2 million dollars because of that one game... surely just a slap on the wrist, eh?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pape":qxnjx3ww said:
typical seahawk fan, sees anything related to the Pats, eyes go red and fill with blood remembering the 2 yard line int.

gronk grunted an apology, and will serve his suspension. end of story. it will probably cost him around 2 million dollars because of that one game... surely just a slap on the wrist, eh?
Stop being a classless tool. You'll still win the AFC East because your division hasn't had real competition since The Matrix came out, you don't need Gronk very badly. He deserves more than one game off for that move.

Josea16

Reaction score
hawkfan68":f3bh3mrh said:
He's a primadonna in my book. His ego is so large that he believes the world revolves around him. What's worse is he's appealing the suspension. That's a sham. Take your punishment like a man.
I misunderstood your post you are right . The only game they could lose is against Pittsburgh. As for Gronkowski he should have been suspended 2-4 games minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.