Guard against the Slow Start

Fade

Reaction score
What worries me is the first 2 road games. The Rams are no explanation required. The Jets are a 10 AM game with a strong front 7 that is more than capable of feasting on the O-Line. The Hawks could start 2-2.

If the Hawks can start 3-1. I can rest easy, and everything will be fine. If not, it is going to feel like an uphill climb the whole year, playing catch up.

sutz

Reaction score
Fade":203qgg3v said:
What worries me is the first 2 road games. The Rams are no explanation required. The Jets are a 10 AM game with a strong front 7 that is more than capable of feasting on the O-Line. The Hawks could start 2-2.

If the Hawks can start 3-1. I can rest easy, and everything will be fine. If not, it is going to feel like an uphill climb the whole year, playing catch up.
Meh. I don't expect 'Zona to start as fast as they did last year either. If we're a .500 or above at the end of October, we'll be fine for the playoffs. I know everybody wants HFA, and so do I, but this team can win road playoff games. Sure, we don't want the btb 10am games either, but how often does that happen?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Largent80":wjobgrsg said:
Get ready for it. We have all the same coaches and same system in place.

The playoff game vs. Car. had me hiking my 3 1/2 acres in the first quarter. I hiked all of it by the halftime.

This isn't going to change. We can hope for it.

Not arguing with you or about whether we start slow or fast, but that Panther game was an aberration. 3 or 4 really extraordinarily bad plays/fortune and we found ourselves in a hole. A hole we almost dug out of, but too much to overcome. But if not for the unusually bad 20 minutes in that game we would have made it to the SB for the 3rd year in a row. My point being I don't think we have to worry about slow or fast starts. I expect a hard fought season where we gnash teeth, hike hills and scream at Bevell, but in the end we'll be in the hunt and will have seen a great season of football. Enjoy the ride.

EDIT: Also, we've always, under PC, been close to 50/50 run pass. I don't see that changing, but I do see us being more productive at both than we were last year.

Go Hawks!

Fade

Reaction score
sutz":16g9nahj said:
Fade":16g9nahj said:

Meh. I don't expect 'Zona to start as fast as they did last year either. If we're a .500 or above at the end of October, we'll be fine for the playoffs. I know everybody wants HFA, and so do I, but this team can win road playoff games. Sure, we don't want the btb 10am games either, but how often does that happen?

Yeah but why make it so hard on the team? Play on crap fields. 10 AM. Sub zero temperatures. Or beat the Rams or Jets early in the year, and play at home in January.

sutz

Reaction score
Fade":nozhe3zr said:
sutz":nozhe3zr said:
Fade":nozhe3zr said:

Yeah but why make it so hard on the team? Play on crap fields. 10 AM. Sub zero temperatures. Or beat the Rams or Jets early in the year, and play at home in January.
I don't disagree. I'm just not worried yet. ;)

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
sutz":3dbiv7vr said:
Fade":3dbiv7vr said:

Sure we "can" but last year showed that it's really freaking hard. We got lucky to get out of Minnesota and then got our doors blown off by Carolina.

Laloosh

Reaction score
dogorama":2euqs84z said:
It will be really interesting to see which philosophy they choose to start with. The Miami game will tell us something, the Rams game will tell a LOT.

I think we twinkihouse the Rams this year.

HABEEB IT

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
dogorama":fd1r4zot said:
Laloosh":fd1r4zot said:

Seahawks "twinkihouse" Rams - Huskies "twinkihouse" Ducks

Happy dogo.
Ooh I'd like that......and maybe the Cougs could do the Ducks for the second year in a ro.................nah, never mind, don't see that happening after watching that defensive performance this past Saturday.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Laloosh":1ve9japs said:
dogorama":1ve9japs said:
It will be really interesting to see which philosophy they choose to start with. The Miami game will tell us something, the Rams game will tell a LOT.

HABEEB IT
DUde, that cartoon panel gave me some kind of psychidelic flashback--I can't stop staring at it. Twinkie House! Is that the Rams war cry, now they're in L.A.? Maybe it could be the name of their new stadium.

dunceface

Reaction score
I can't help but feel that our new found success with the quick pass stuff will at the very least help with the slow start aspect...as long as we can pick up where we left off last year

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1pbslhnn said:
dogorama":1pbslhnn said:
Laloosh":1pbslhnn said:

Seahawks "twinkihouse" Rams - Huskies "twinkihouse" Ducks

Happy dogo.
Ooh I'd like that......and maybe the Cougs could do the Ducks for the second year in a ro.................nah, never mind, don't see that happening after watching that defensive performance this past Saturday.

Im still not over that. Don't know if I ever will..............