Gurley and Suh, or Lynch and Maxwell

No Marshawn, snag Gurley at 31 and sign Suh. Would YOU do it?

• Yes

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Hell Yes!

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Hell no!

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Many have said it, but I would never be on board with a scenario where I'm choosing something over Marshawn Lynch. Never. When he's gone, we'll have a new starting RB, but he'll never replace Marshawn. There is only one.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
Gurley? He could be the next Marcus Lattimore with his knee injury. And the guy who replaced him at Georgia racked up like a gazillion yards, so now you gotta think whether it is the player or the system. No thanks...

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
huskylawyer":3beqpwxs said:
Gurley? He could be the next Marcus Lattimore with his knee injury. And the guy who replaced him at Georgia racked up like a gazillion yards, so now you gotta think whether it is the player or the system. No thanks...

Dude

huskylawyer

Reaction score
BlueBlood":13hxmehc said:
huskylawyer":13hxmehc said:

Dude

Dude what?

Chubb replaced Gurley at Georgia and ran for 1547 yards LOL, and he wasn't even the starter for the first few games of the season. Gurley might not have been the best RB on his college team. And he's coming off an ACL injury. I don't even think Gurley will be a first rounder (though I'll concede, that is due to the injury). Georgia has had a suspect passing game for a while, so their RB stats are somewhat inflated IMHO.

Hey, Gurley could be the next Hershall Walker. Or he could be the next Tim Worley.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
get rid of the best back in the game for an unproven rookie....not a chance...too many busts out there to take a chance at this moment.

vonstout

Reaction score
I don't think it's going to be the Seahawks choice to keep Lynch or not. My gut feeling is Lynch won't want to be here if we don't get a new OC. Lynch has stated that he wants to go home and play for the Raiders. If he doesn't want to be here for the last year of his contract or renegociate an extension, we should try to trade him to Oakland for their second round pick and then trade our first and late round second pick to move up to take Gordon instead Gurley. Then sign Maxwell and Nhata instead of Suh.

JustinCredible

Reaction score
My preference would be Melvin Gordon at runningback. I live in Madison, WI and everyone says he is the 'Russell Wilson' of runningbacks. Great kid, extreme work ethic, absolutely in love with the game of football, and pushes everyone on the team to be better. I think this is the guy the Seahawks want because he totally fits the 'Seahawks way'.

chris98251

Reaction score
We would do that only for their 1st, Lynch is the highest rated RB in the league and is under contract, we don't give him up without solidifying what we deem is a adequate replacement.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score

vonstout

Reaction score
Nobody, including the Raiders, would give up a first round pick for a29 year old RB. And my point isn't suggesting we trade him unless he doesn't want to be here. If they can't sign him and we don't want to take the 8.5 million cap hit next year, we may have to look at other options like trading him. I don't know if Tutbin and Michael can carry the load, but having another $7 million + a raider draft pick could allow us to go after someone like Cobb and trade up for Gordon.

chris98251

Reaction score
vonstout":37q098rq said:
Nobody, including the Raiders, would give up a first round pick for a29 year old RB. And my point isn't suggesting we trade him unless he doesn't want to be here. If they can't sign him and we don't want to take the 8.5 million cap hit next year, we may have to look at other options like trading him. I don't know if Tutbin and Michael can carry the load, but having another $7 million + a raider draft pick could allow us to go after someone like Cobb and trade up for Gordon.

I would rather we find a back that is more a Hyde type that will be a thumper, we have Turbin and Michael, need a back that will deliver a punch not avoid them.

Latest posts