HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

RedAlice

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1dej9nvd said:
RedAlice":1dej9nvd said:
Largent80":1dej9nvd said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel sorry for RL kats, he's a good dude.

I think Rlkats is a great fan and poster, and I think your English dude is an (sorry, this isn't the shack).....

Don't care what team's board this is, weak fans make fun of weak things, do and say weak things and act weak. Always. Fun fans interact and are fun to interact with and make all of our CRAZY love of our respective teams fun.

I do not need to hate on you all to enjoy interacting with you or make me feel better. Niners are on a down, we got that.

And, whoever said shack this and stop being a coward is right. If you wanna hate, hate where others can interact with you. Else, it's cowardly.

and, eta: I've been up in Niner territory for 7 days now and....not a Niner fan in sight. I think they are all in hiding.

This is a Seahawks forum and in the NFL section of it, the other NFC West teams are going to be laughed at.

If you're that fragile that you can't handle that -- don't let the door hit you on the way out.

"MOM! THE SEAHAWKS FANS ARE DOING IT AGAIN" (on their forum)

yes, you get me. Loves!

chris98251

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1l7pp4sz said:
RedAlice":1l7pp4sz said:
Largent80":1l7pp4sz said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel sorry for RL kats, he's a good dude.

I think Rlkats is a great fan and poster, and I think your English dude is an (sorry, this isn't the shack).....

Don't care what team's board this is, weak fans make fun of weak things, do and say weak things and act weak. Always. Fun fans interact and are fun to interact with and make all of our CRAZY love of our respective teams fun.

I do not need to hate on you all to enjoy interacting with you or make me feel better. Niners are on a down, we got that.

And, whoever said shack this and stop being a coward is right. If you wanna hate, hate where others can interact with you. Else, it's cowardly.

and, eta: I've been up in Niner territory for 7 days now and....not a Niner fan in sight. I think they are all in hiding.

This is a Seahawks forum and in the NFL section of it, the other NFC West teams are going to be laughed at.

If you're that fragile that you can't handle that -- don't let the door hit you on the way out.

"MOM! THE SEAHAWKS FANS ARE DOING IT AGAIN" (on their forum)

She is also entitled to her opinion with only a token bit of harassment and ribbing in this forum as all our visitors should expect to a certain degree depending on the topic at hand, we have some good back and forth stuff going on, as Seahawks fans our rose colored glasses cloud some things many times and the jokes at anytime can turn on us as well, Ken Behring anyone? The other crap can be taken to the Shack.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Laugh if you want but the SF fans (or Santa Clara?) don't need our sympathy.

They have had one of the best baseball teams for years, several WS titles.

Then they got one of the best basketball teams, one world championship and one of the most dominant teams EVER.

Sure, you can rent out a closet for $2100 a month there, and people are losing their apartments to overzealous landlords, just as the condo market is collapsing - but the sports fans there are living the dream. It honestly wouldn't be fair if the 49ers were winning too.

They are not suffering, they are basking in wins out there - just not in football.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":gwkp6b36 said:

Then they got one of the best basketball teams, one world championship and one of the most dominant teams EVER.

Sure, you can rent out a closet for $2100 a month there, and people are losing their apartments to overzealous landlords, just as the condo market is collapsing - but the sports fans there are living the dream. It honestly wouldn't be fair if the 49ers were winning too.

They are not suffering, they are basking in wins out there - just not in football.
How many Niners fans would trade all of those for one more Lombardi? Quite a few I bet.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not really.

I am not defending anyone.

I'm jealous.

I don't even care about the Mariners except to ridicule them. Someday I won't even care that much.

And I miss the Sonics.

They not only HAVE an NBA team, but they have a team that is going down in history with a Seahawk-esque utter domination of their league.

Oh and they have the best player in basketball.

Don't forget their baseball team had some of the best players in the league too.

There isn't anything to laugh at, instead I am just jealous.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2p46jh6b said:
TwistedHusky":2p46jh6b said:

How many Niners fans would trade all of those for one more Lombardi? Quite a few I bet.

Don't count me among them.

I'm old enough to have seen the 49ers win all 5 Lombardis. Thats not a bragging point, I'm simply stating that I've seen my favorite football team win the ultimate prize several times but I had never seen my baseball team or basketball team win it all. Now I've seen the Giants win it 3 times, the Warriors win it once and are sitting on the edge of history tonight.

I'd love to see the Niners win another Lombardi, but I wouldn't trade a single Giants or Warriors trophy to get it.

To put it another way, I lived 37 years without seeing the Giants win it all. My son is 9 and he's seen them win it three times. Thats pretty awesome. :)

pehawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3p0pscvs said:
Not really.

I am not defending anyone.

I'm jealous.

I don't even care about the Mariners except to ridicule them. Someday I won't even care that much.

And I miss the Sonics.

They not only HAVE an NBA team, but they have a team that is going down in history with a Seahawk-esque utter domination of their league.

Oh and they have the best player in basketball.

Don't forget their baseball team had some of the best players in the league too.

There isn't anything to laugh at, instead I am just jealous.

Wasn't directed towards you, Angel.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
chris98251":qrgu2841 said:
as Seahawks fans "our rose colored glasses" cloud some things many times

Surely, you're not just saying that about Seahawks fans? I'm thinking you just meant since it's on our board.

I just can't appreciate that as a blanket statement. Every single fan doesn't deserve that label. It's too cliche. Every team's fans can be guilty of this, to some degree. But, much of the time I find quite the opposite... that most informed fans are the worst critics of the team.

The only time I usually like to wear those glasses is when I'm saying something tongue-in-cheek or looking to momentarily rile up a rival fan. (wait... did I say that out loud? ;) )

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I don't care about baseball or basketball nearly enough to feel the slightest bit jealous of 9er fans.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":194sm5hd said:
I don't care about baseball or basketball nearly enough to feel the slightest bit jealous of 9er fans.

Nobody's asking you to.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":3sxysvz6 said:
Uncle Si":3sxysvz6 said:

Nobody's asking you to.

Solid point eshewing the nature of the thread. Your contribution is welcome.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"Wasn't directed towards you, Angel."

Yeah, I'm just bitter.

Really, really pissed off I don't have the Sonics and the Mariners are doing everything they can to keep any other sport out.

So it's hard not to be resentful of 49er fans complaining when they are living in as close to a sports paradise as you can.

The only saving grace in this is that I get to watch Oklahoma fans constantly have their hearts broken because their team either trades away their chance at greatness (like in the trade to Rockets) or because Durant likes to implode at the end of games. So at least knowing their dreams are dashed every year makes me feel a little better.

But it doesn't make up for not having the Sonics anymore. I'd say to hell with the NBA completely (and did for years) but when someone is routinely hitting 60-70ft shots, you kind of have to watch. And 49er fans have that guy in their backyard so it is really hard to feel bad for them.

Marvin49

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2wyexvct said:
"Wasn't directed towards you, Angel."

Yeah, I'm just bitter.

Really, really pissed off I don't have the Sonics and the Mariners are doing everything they can to keep any other sport out.

So it's hard not to be resentful of 49er fans complaining when they are living in as close to a sports paradise as you can.

The only saving grace in this is that I get to watch Oklahoma fans constantly have their hearts broken because their team either trades away their chance at greatness (like in the trade to Rockets) or because Durant likes to implode at the end of games. So at least knowing their dreams are dashed every year makes me feel a little better.

But it doesn't make up for not having the Sonics anymore. I'd say to hell with the NBA completely (and did for years) but when someone is routinely hitting 60-70ft shots, you kind of have to watch. And 49er fans have that guy in their backyard so it is really hard to feel bad for them.

Yeah...can't deny my total man crush on Steph Curry. :D Even more amazing is how close Klay is to what WAS the NBA record for 3s in a season before Steph went inhuman this year. Hell, if Steph hits 8 threes in this last game he'd have 400...and nobody else has even registered 300. Ever.

I look at this discussion kinda differently tho.

Giants and Warriors sucked for a LONG, LONG, LONG time (Warriors in particular)...so its more of an "about damn time" than being spoiled.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2ij39mi2 said:

Not a chance for me, and more generally, I think you'd be hard pressed to fnd any 9ers fan in the bay area who would agree with that.

I was too young for 81 and 84, but 88, 89, and 94 were right in the sweet spot for me for all the glory of being a kid and watching your favorite team win champtionships.

Growing up in the late 80s/early 90s as a 9ers fan and A's fan is is just incomparable IMO. The Warriors were always the missing piece of the trifecta.

Heck, three or four years ago I probably would have traded in a couple of the 9ers Lombardis for the Warriors to just make it deep into the playoffs. :lol:

Edit: Never been a Giants fan, but for folks in the area who are, with the Giants and the Warriors this is a great time to be a sports fan. Doesn't matter that the 9ers suck at all.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I like the Mariners, but my first, last, and only sports love is the Hawks. If the Mariners leave, if the Sonics never come back, if we never get an NHL team, and the Sounders drop off the face of the earth (check that, all of soccer can take that as a suggestion for improvement), I will always love and cherish the Super Bowl trophy the Hawks earned, and it is enough for me (though I'd love more).

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Popeyejones":m8liaggm said:
Trenchbroom":m8liaggm said:

Not a chance for me, and more generally, I think you'd be hard pressed to fnd any 9ers fan in the bay area who would agree with that.

I was too young for 81 and 84, but 88, 89, and 94 were right in the sweet spot for me for all the glory of being a kid and watching your favorite team win champtionships.

Growing up in the late 80s/early 90s as a 9ers fan and A's fan is is just incomparable IMO. The Warriors were always the missing piece of the trifecta.

Heck, three or four years ago I probably would have traded in a couple of the 9ers Lombardis for the Warriors to just make it deep into the playoffs. :lol:

Edit: Never been a Giants fan, but for folks in the area who are, with the Giants and the Warriors this is a great time to be a sports fan. Doesn't matter that the 9ers suck at all.
Wait, you're still a "Bills fan" now, right? Didn't they take away your voting card?

D bill murray chuckle funny laugh laughing LOL GIF

Maulbert

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1hl3lc39 said:
Maulbert":1hl3lc39 said:
and the Sounders drop off the face of the earth (check that, all of soccer can take that as a suggestion for improvement), .

Yeah, how dare the most popular sport in the world BY FAR exist!

Um.. uh... um... Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

BqCnfnICYAAElMT.jpg

Honestly, more power to ya for loving soccer, but it's just my opinion and the sport won't be hurt by it.