HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Will admit watching Curry play is exciting.

Baseball? Not so much.. A walk off home run in the 9th registers at maybe a 5 on an excitement scale of 1-10.

A go-ahead 4th down Touchdown in an NFCCG? 5000000000

Yes, football is just that much more exciting. Lombardi >>>>>>> Baseball Championship. The majority of sports fans would agree.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"Wait, you're still a "Bills fan" now, right? Didn't they take away your voting card?"

Not a Bills fan in the traditional sense. Big fan of that old team, went to the games while I was stationed at Ft. Drum and after I got back from Somalia.

Jim Kelly was a badass. So was Bruce Smith.

Are you implying that somehow I had to quit being a fan because I enjoyed watching the Bills because I should have been super excited to be watching the Seahawks at a time I think they had Tom Flores freaking coaching?

Or are you just making a pointless statement for a pointless reason?

You know the subject is the 49ers suck and my response was that is essentially sports karma because the rest of their teams keep winning. Not sure how that has any relation to the Bills...but...uh...sure...I was sort of a Bills "fan", because it was the only football within a 3hr drive. And because other than the SBs, the Bills were ridiculously good back then.

Does that answer your completely off-topic and unrelated question?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":10cz8kgl said:
"Wait, you're still a "Bills fan" now, right? Didn't they take away your voting card?"

Not a Bills fan in the traditional sense. Big fan of that old team, went to the games while I was stationed at Ft. Drum and after I got back from Somalia.

Are you implying that somehow I had to quit being a fan because I enjoyed watching the Bills because I should have been super excited to be watching the Seahawks at a time I think they had Tom Flores freaking coaching?

You know the subject is the 49ers suck and my response was that is essentially sports karma because the rest of their teams keep winning. Not sure how that has any relation to the Bills...but...uh...sure...I was sort of a Bills "fan", because it was the only football within a 3hr drive. And because other than the SBs, the Bills were ridiculously good back then.

Pretty sure you just stepped in front of a bullet meant for Popeye.

But now that you have outed yourself, I will file this info away for a more useful time.

Hawks46

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1w5u91fd said:
Maybe the writer graded Aaron Lynch poorly because he's terrible at predictions?

Let me tell you now this is one lucky ass squad this year, let me hold my tongue cuz god knows on the field i aint holding shit back. Im so ready for this season to start and show the world that the #Niners aint nobody to f*ck wit. Seattle better get they mothaf*ckin mind right and put on they helmet and tighten the shit out of they chin strap cuz im knockin some f*ckin blocks off. We is #WARREADY #LynchMobb #49ers

LINK: http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/4/26/8 ... s-comments

Good effort on the 5-11 season, Aaron :th2thumbs:

Not only that, but we smacked the shit out of them both games. They weren't even competitive. Rawls looked like he was running against a Div II school out there.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Scottemojo":31deeo6b said:
TwistedHusky":31deeo6b said:

Pretty sure you just stepped in front of a bullet meant for Popeye.

But now that you have outed yourself, I will file this info away for a more useful time.
Yeah, wow. Funny how that worked out. Lol How did the authors and quotes get all messed up? Crazy. But, it apparently served to bring out useful information.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
So, sort of funny update post to this thread topic. I was at the UCF (Central Florida Knights) Spring Game last night (Scott Frost new head coach, formerly Oregon's OC implementing UC"FAST" Offense.) Anyway, ran into and got to meet none other than former UCF Knight and current SF 49er, Bruce Miller. Lol Took my son's picture with him BEFORE I told him we are Seahawks fans. That was fun.

He was ribbing my son's friend for wearing a NY Giants shirt, so it was fun to tell him our allegiance. His reaction was pretty funny. Had a brief conversation with him after. Apparently, he's now a "move TE" because FB isn't a position in Chip Kelly's offense. Asked him if he liked his new coach, etc. Nice that he took the time with a Seahawks fan, but then (of course) there were several others that wanted his attention. He was back at his old stomping grounds. He played DE while at UCF.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I hope you congratulated him on being San Fran's best draft pick since 2011...

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":20jpwbpq said:
I hope you congratulated him on being San Fran's best draft pick since 2011...
Lol... well, I was actually going to get to that to speak well of him in case he hadn't heard. But, there were friends he apparently hadn't seen for awhile waiting behind me and I could tell he was anxious to greet them. He was polite to ask if I didn't mind (and he even apologized.) That actually impressed me. He didn't owe me any of that courtesy. I said, "Oh, no problem and thanks for your time." He was soon embracing them and all that. So, yeah... it was legit. He wasn't trying to slight a Seahawks fan.

I had two kids with me, so maybe if I was by myself he would've let me have it. :lol: (But, I probably wouldn't have been talking to him. I did it for the kids.) He reacted to us being Seahawks fans in a way that was entertaining for the kids.

pehawk

Reaction score
I love TeamoftheCentury's reports like this.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":16iuv6pm said:
So, sort of funny update post to this thread topic. I was at the UCF (Central Florida Knights) Spring Game last night (Scott Frost new head coach, formerly Oregon's OC implementing UC"FAST" Offense.) Anyway, ran into and got to meet none other than former UCF Knight and current SF 49er, Bruce Miller. Lol Took my son's picture with him BEFORE I told him we are Seahawks fans. That was fun.

He was ribbing my son's friend for wearing a NY Giants shirt, so it was fun to tell him our allegiance. His reaction was pretty funny. Had a brief conversation with him after. Apparently, he's now a "move TE" because FB isn't a position in Chip Kelly's offense. Asked him if he liked his new coach, etc. Nice that he took the time with a Seahawks fan, but then (of course) there were several others that wanted his attention. He was back at his old stomping grounds. He played DE while at UCF.

I think you just broke some news. :lol:

A fair number of 9ers fans have been curious what was going to happen to Miller, as Kelly doesn't use FBs in his offense, and he doesn't really convert to TE.

He's a great blocker and has surprisingly soft hands as a receiver out of the backfield, so I think an h-back type role fits well for him.

Some 9ers fans have been thinking that he'd either end up getting cut, traded for nothing (i.e. a 7th rounder), with some of the rabble even suggesting they might try flipping him back over to the other side of the ball as he was a DE when he was drafted.

This makes a lot more sense, though.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":2q64cj29 said:
Popeyejones":2q64cj29 said:
Trenchbroom":2q64cj29 said:
How many Niners fans would trade all of those for one more Lombardi? Quite a few I bet.

Not a chance for me, and more generally, I think you'd be hard pressed to fnd any 9ers fan in the bay area who would agree with that.

I was too young for 81 and 84, but 88, 89, and 94 were right in the sweet spot for me for all the glory of being a kid and watching your favorite team win champtionships.

Growing up in the late 80s/early 90s as a 9ers fan and A's fan is is just incomparable IMO. The Warriors were always the missing piece of the trifecta.

Heck, three or four years ago I probably would have traded in a couple of the 9ers Lombardis for the Warriors to just make it deep into the playoffs. :lol:

Edit: Never been a Giants fan, but for folks in the area who are, with the Giants and the Warriors this is a great time to be a sports fan. Doesn't matter that the 9ers suck at all.
Wait, you're still a "Bills fan" now, right? Didn't they take away your voting card?

I'm a 9ers fan on vacation. Expect me to still post about them.

But yeah, last I checked in I'm rooting for the Bills this year. Now they're trying to do Tyrod dirty which has me second guessing, as Tyrod and location were the two deciding factors.

I might rejigger who I'm rooting for this year after the draft, or maybe after the pre-season after getting a look at how some of my fandom contenders are scheming and setting things up (I'm basically in the market for a kinda crappy team that will still be fun to watch week in and week out).

Update: not only are they doing Tyrod dirty, but Rex Ryan is now stumping for Donald Trump. My Bills fandom was short lived. Picking another team.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3bxp2vic said:
TeamoftheCentury":3bxp2vic said:

A fair number of 9ers fans have been curious what was going to happen to Miller, as Kelly doesn't use FBs in his offense, and he doesn't really convert to TE.

He's a great blocker and has surprisingly soft hands as a receiver out of the backfield, so I think an h-back type role fits well for him.

Some 9ers fans have been thinking that he'd either end up getting cut, traded for nothing (i.e. a 7th rounder), with some of the rabble even suggesting they might try flipping him back over to the other side of the ball as he was a DE when he was drafted.

Ya...I was going to say the same thing.

Millers fate has been a big ? since Kelly was hired.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":36cmt4dw said:
Marvin49":36cmt4dw said:
Popeyejones":36cmt4dw said:
TeamoftheCentury":36cmt4dw said:

Ya...I was going to say the same thing.

Millers fate has been a big ? since Kelly was hired.

07-minister.jpg

Uh...OK. Not sure how saying people were curious what would happen to Miller constitutes "spin", but then again making sense has never been a requirement for a Peaches post.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1q86gdbx said:
TeamoftheCentury":1q86gdbx said:
Asked him if he liked his new coach, etc.

and did he?
Well, what's he going to say? :Dunno: Give a Seahawks fan some news he could use? Lol
His response was what you might expect from a guy who can only hope, but with a positive twist. I would have been shocked to hear him say anything negative.

The other question I had for him that I didn't get to ask (in addition to asking if he saw that article we've been discussing that listed him) ... would have been what he thought of Baalke and his thoughts on the recent comments of Anthony Davis. Unfortunately, my meter ran out.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3hvjw1t8 said:
UK_Seahawk":3hvjw1t8 said:
TeamoftheCentury":3hvjw1t8 said:
Asked him if he liked his new coach, etc.

and did he?
Well, what's he going to say? :Dunno: Give a Seahawks fan some news he could use? Lol
His response was what you might expect from a guy who can only hope, but with a positive twist. I would have been shocked to hear him say anything negative.

The other question I had for him that I didn't get to ask (in addition to asking if he saw that article we've been discussing that listed him) ... would have been what he thought of Baalke and his thoughts on the recent comments of Anthony Davis. Unfortunately, my meter ran out.

Dang quarters...where are they when you need them??? Glad you had fun with the discussion tho. :)

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Largent80":2xqs0bkz said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/18/market-for-49ers-tickets-and-psls-is-plummeting/

rofl

best user comment, sad but its true:

trubroncfan07 says:
Apr 18, 2016 11:13 PM

Haha Warriors had some of the worst attendance for years until they just got good, they biggest band wagon fans ever. These guys are skipping the 9ers games and spending on new warriors gear.

next thing you know in the next couple years they'll be "huge" raider fans when they start tearing it up. people will be like "why do all these raider fans hate the seahawks now" and we'll have to educate them about how they were 9er fans before they switched to raidernation

Marvin49

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":ac2jwpmg said:
Largent80":ac2jwpmg said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/18/market-for-49ers-tickets-and-psls-is-plummeting/

rofl

best user comment, sad but its true:

trubroncfan07 says:
Apr 18, 2016 11:13 PM

Haha Warriors had some of the worst attendance for years until they just got good, they biggest band wagon fans ever. These guys are skipping the 9ers games and spending on new warriors gear.

next thing you know in the next couple years they'll be "huge" raider fans when they start tearing it up. people will be like "why do all these raider fans hate the seahawks now" and we'll have to educate them about how they were 9er fans before they switched to raidernation

SOOOO much BS in that statement.

First off, the Warriors have had some of the best attendance in the NBA for YEARS. LONG before they got any good.

2014-15 803,436 19,596
2013-14 803,436 19,596
2012-13 794,320 19,374
2011-12 622,311 18,858
2010-11 766,398 18,693
2009-10 739,120 18.027
2008-09 776,658 18,942
2007-08 804,864* 19,631*
2006-07 742,267 18,104
2005-06 749,185 18,273

The joke in the Bay Area had long been "those fans are so loyal...can you imagine if they ever had a winner".

Second...the "Niners fans will become Raiders fans" commentary is totally bogus. If you knew ANYTHING about bay area sports you'd know that won't happen. They HATE each other. With a passion. The FANS hate each other far more than they hate each others teams.

People who say that crap show only that they don't have the first clue what they are talking about.

Now...Giants/As fans? Thats FAR, FAR more likely. Not nearly the same bad blood with those teams...tho As fans less likely to switch.