HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":3bitf9ej said:
Largent80":3bitf9ej said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/18/market-for-49ers-tickets-and-psls-is-plummeting/

rofl

best user comment, sad but its true:

trubroncfan07 says:
Apr 18, 2016 11:13 PM

Haha Warriors had some of the worst attendance for years until they just got good, they biggest band wagon fans ever. These guys are skipping the 9ers games and spending on new warriors gear.

next thing you know in the next couple years they'll be "huge" raider fans when they start tearing it up. people will be like "why do all these raider fans hate the seahawks now" and we'll have to educate them about how they were 9er fans before they switched to raidernation

I personally liked this one even more..

"And for all the 9er fans, this article is about the team you used to like a few years ago before you found out the Warriors existed..."

:lol: :lol:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":nmf4i6f6 said:
seatownlowdown":nmf4i6f6 said:
Largent80":nmf4i6f6 said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/18/market-for-49ers-tickets-and-psls-is-plummeting/

rofl

trubroncfan07 says:

Haha Warriors had some of the worst attendance for years until they just got good, they biggest band wagon fans ever. These guys are skipping the 9ers games and spending on new warriors gear.

next thing you know in the next couple years they'll be "huge" raider fans when they start tearing it up. people will be like "why do all these raider fans hate the seahawks now" and we'll have to educate them about how they were 9er fans before they switched to raidernation

SOOOO much BS in that statement.

First off, the Warriors have had some of the best attendance in the NBA for YEARS. LONG before they got any good.

2014-15 803,436 19,596
2013-14 803,436 19,596
2012-13 794,320 19,374
2011-12 622,311 18,858
2010-11 766,398 18,693
2009-10 739,120 18.027
2008-09 776,658 18,942
2007-08 804,864* 19,631*
2006-07 742,267 18,104
2005-06 749,185 18,273

The joke in the Bay Area had long been "those fans are so loyal...can you imagine if they ever had a winner".

Second...the "Niners fans will become Raiders fans" commentary is totally bogus. If you knew ANYTHING about bay area sports you'd know that won't happen. They HATE each other. With a passion. The FANS hate each other far more than they hate each others teams.

People who say that crap show only that they don't have the first clue what they are talking about.

Now...Giants/As fans? Thats FAR, FAR more likely. Not nearly the same bad blood with those teams...tho As fans less likely to switch.

Wait a minute, I thought you didn't like generalizing a fan base and grouping them all into one? But now that it benefits you every single 9er fan hates every single Raider fan?

Facts don't seem to be important in your general fan base when classifying all Seahawks fans as band wagoners or the 12's starting in 2012.

All fan bases have some band wagon fans who will easily jump ship to any team that is doing better and it is more prevalent in areas with multiple teams like Jersey and the Bay simply because some fans have no loyalty and just want to root for a winner. Double that when an organization is literally driving their fans away and giving them reason to hate said organization.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2ntt730s said:
Marvin49":2ntt730s said:
seatownlowdown":2ntt730s said:
Largent80":2ntt730s said:

rofl

trubroncfan07 says:

First off, the Warriors have had some of the best attendance in the NBA for YEARS. LONG before they got any good.

2014-15 803,436 19,596
2013-14 803,436 19,596
2012-13 794,320 19,374
2011-12 622,311 18,858
2010-11 766,398 18,693
2009-10 739,120 18.027
2008-09 776,658 18,942
2007-08 804,864* 19,631*
2006-07 742,267 18,104
2005-06 749,185 18,273

The joke in the Bay Area had long been "those fans are so loyal...can you imagine if they ever had a winner".

Second...the "Niners fans will become Raiders fans" commentary is totally bogus. If you knew ANYTHING about bay area sports you'd know that won't happen. They HATE each other. With a passion. The FANS hate each other far more than they hate each others teams.

People who say that crap show only that they don't have the first clue what they are talking about.

Now...Giants/As fans? Thats FAR, FAR more likely. Not nearly the same bad blood with those teams...tho As fans less likely to switch.

Wait a minute, I thought you didn't like generalizing a fan base and grouping them all into one? But now that it benefits you every single 9er fan hates every single Raider fan?

Facts don't seem to be important in your general fan base when classifying all Seahawks fans as band wagoners or the 12's starting in 2012.

All fan bases have some band wagon fans who will easily jump ship to any team that is doing better and it is more prevalent in areas with multiple teams like Jersey and the Bay simply because some fans have no loyalty and just want to root for a winner. Double that when an organization is literally driving their fans away and giving them reason to hate said organization.

So wait...am I answering for myself or my "general fan base"?

There are exceptions to every rule. Will some Niner fans become Raiders fans? Honestly I think the answer is no because if an individual does that then they were never really niner fans to begin with.

The point of my post tho is that I read time and time again how Niner fans will mostly just switch over to the Raiders because we are all bandwagoneers. As you stated...that element exists in every fanbase, but there is a real hatred of Raider fans and the Raiders by Niner fans...and I'd submit its even more intense coming from the other side. Thinking that there will be a wholesale swap in fandom is IMO total BS and lacks understanding of the sports climate of the Bay Area.

Now...your assumption about my "general fan base"? First off, those words were never onced typed by me nor spoken by me so I'd appreciate you stick to arguing the points I've actually made and not hold me responsible for someone elses opinion.

Meanwhile, I see nobody addressing the Warriors comment that I essentially obliterated with attendance stats. The thought process there was that Niner fans have suddenly become Warriors fans because they are winning...yet the Warrior fanbase has been alive and well for some time. Im a Niners fan but that doesn't mean I am not ALSO a huge Giants fan or Warriors fan.

My first professional game that I attended was Willie McCoveys last game at Candlestick. He was EASILY my favorite player as a kid. I remember Jack Clark, Will Clark (much later) and a host of others. I was watching the World Series pregame between the Giants and As when the Loma Prieta Earthquake hit in 1989. I remember the Giants signing a skinny Barry Bonds away from the Pirates. I remember his news conference when he said he refused to wear his godfathers #24 that he had worn with the Pirates and switched to #25.

I remember Run TMC. I remember Mitch Richmond being traded for Billy Owens. I remember Chris Webber. I remember him being traded for Tom Gugliotta and then Donyell Marshall. I remember Latrell Spreewell strangling his coach. I remember the "We believe" warriors with Baron Davis.

Essentially...this storyline that Niner fans have simply migrated to other teams IMO is totally BS. I know for sure that I haven't. I didn't just wake up and discover another good team in a different sport. I've followed those teams my entire life.

So yeah, when I read stuff like that, I feel the urge to tell peeps where to stick it. :D

Laloosh

Reaction score
I think that more 9er fans would jump ship if it didnt mean they would have to change their official gang colors. That shit can get expensive.

[edit] HAHAHAHAHA!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":qephcdsn said:
TeamoftheCentury":qephcdsn said:
UK_Seahawk":qephcdsn said:
TeamoftheCentury":qephcdsn said:
Asked him if he liked his new coach, etc.

and did he?
Well, what's he going to say? :Dunno: Give a Seahawks fan some news he could use? Lol
His response was what you might expect from a guy who can only hope, but with a positive twist. I would have been shocked to hear him say anything negative.

The other question I had for him that I didn't get to ask (in addition to asking if he saw that article we've been discussing that listed him) ... would have been what he thought of Baalke and his thoughts on the recent comments of Anthony Davis. Unfortunately, my meter ran out.

Dang quarters...where are they when you need them??? Glad you had fun with the discussion tho. :)
Right. :lol: Well, I sort of surprisingly enjoyed the (brief) conversation. I would have enjoyed a bit of friendly jawing. But, just telling him "Go Hawks" was pretty satisfying, really.

He's a local boy (at least in terms of the College) done good. So, gotta give him that. But, I admit that I felt some "reservation" about talking with a Niner player. As in, who cares? (But, I've met Rams players and players from other teams. So, why not. I asked my son if we should ask for a picture. He initially said, "Why?" I laughed and just decided to ask since it looked like it wouldn't inconvenience him. Either that, or I didn't mind "bothering" a 49er. ;) My son probably suspected I was up to something. :lol: But, I behaved.

It was fun to send the pic to 49er fan friends. Two of my kids are football players at different levels. I think they'll appreciate the many photos we have with various athletes (with Malcolm Smith the day after SB48 at Disneyworld, Darrell Green, etc.) in the years to come. They've been more excited with certain ones. (ie: SB MVP)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":12z3u957 said:

Yeah, it's so off-base it's the type of comment that would just make me disregard anything else the speaker had to say, as whoever argues that clearly doesn't have a problem with making definitive statements about things they have absolutely no idea about.

If anything, for the last 20 years in the Bay Area non-basketball fans have found the obsessive dedication and loyalty of Warriors fans to be kinda depressing and pathetic. :lol:

Even when the team sucked for forever and a day Warriors games were still fun to go to, because their diehard fanbase had that sh!thole of an arena rocking as hard as anywhere despite the team's ineptitude.

There's a massive bandwagon now of course, but the diehard core of Warriors fans that didn't even waver through decades of losing is one of the more interesting sports stories in the Bay Area, IMO.

Heck, it's like time stopped for a week or two during the "We Believe" run when the Warriors made it out of the first round of the playoffs. :lol:

Re: the rest of your comment, the Giants' fanbase strikes me as being a bit more fair weather than the A's one (and probably more fair weather than the fanbase for any of the major sports in the Bay Area), although that could just be because the A's fanbase has really withered down to just being populated by the die hard fans.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1sw00fe0 said:
RichNhansom":1sw00fe0 said:
seatownlowdown":1sw00fe0 said:
Largent80":1sw00fe0 said:

rofl

trubroncfan07 says:

2014-15 803,436 19,596
2013-14 803,436 19,596
2012-13 794,320 19,374
2011-12 622,311 18,858
2010-11 766,398 18,693
2009-10 739,120 18.027
2008-09 776,658 18,942
2007-08 804,864* 19,631*
2006-07 742,267 18,104
2005-06 749,185 18,273

So wait...am I answering for myself or my "general fan base"?

There are exceptions to every rule. Will some Niner fans become Raiders fans? Honestly I think the answer is no because if an individual does that then they were never really niner fans to begin with.

The point of my post tho is that I read time and time again how Niner fans will mostly just switch over to the Raiders because we are all bandwagoneers. As you stated...that element exists in every fanbase, but there is a real hatred of Raider fans and the Raiders by Niner fans...and I'd submit its even more intense coming from the other side. Thinking that there will be a wholesale swap in fandom is IMO total BS and lacks understanding of the sports climate of the Bay Area.

Now...your assumption about my "general fan base"? First off, those words were never onced typed by me nor spoken by me so I'd appreciate you stick to arguing the points I've actually made and not hold me responsible for someone elses opinion.

Meanwhile, I see nobody addressing the Warriors comment that I essentially obliterated with attendance stats. The thought process there was that Niner fans have suddenly become Warriors fans because they are winning...yet the Warrior fanbase has been alive and well for some time. Im a Niners fan but that doesn't mean I am not ALSO a huge Giants fan or Warriors fan.

My first professional game that I attended was Willie McCoveys last game at Candlestick. He was EASILY my favorite player as a kid. I remember Jack Clark, Will Clark (much later) and a host of others. I was watching the World Series pregame between the Giants and As when the Loma Prieta Earthquake hit in 1989. I remember the Giants signing a skinny Barry Bonds away from the Pirates. I remember his news conference when he said he refused to wear his godfathers #24 that he had worn with the Pirates and switched to #25.

I remember Run TMC. I remember Mitch Richmond being traded for Billy Owens. I remember Chris Webber. I remember him being traded for Tom Gugliotta and then Donyell Marshall. I remember Latrell Spreewell strangling his coach. I remember the "We believe" warriors with Baron Davis.

Essentially...this storyline that Niner fans have simply migrated to other teams IMO is totally BS. I know for sure that I haven't. I didn't just wake up and discover another good team in a different sport. I've followed those teams my entire life.

So yeah, when I read stuff like that, I feel the urge to tell peeps where to stick it. :D
Holy wall of text batman..... TLDR........

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2w3h2qro said:

he prolly wrote something serious, trying to argue about something, having gone through the interwebz looking for statistics and examples supporting his team and pov... when really all we are doing is pointing and laughing at the garbage franchise that is the 49ers and their flip floppy fans, most of which leave 49er home games after the 1st quarter. he just doesnt get it. its just so much fun watching the trainwreck, safe to the say the 49ers implosion is no longer imminent, but complete. which reminds me http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100336

AHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA

Marvin49

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":1c1ofv57 said:
Sports Hernia":1c1ofv57 said:

he prolly wrote something serious, trying to argue about something, having gone through the interwebz looking for statistics and examples supporting his team and pov... when really all we are doing is pointing and laughing at the garbage franchise that is the 49ers and their flip floppy fans, most of which leave 49er home games after the 1st quarter. he just doesnt get it. its just so much fun watching the trainwreck, safe to the say the 49ers implosion is no longer imminent, but complete. which reminds me viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100336

Yes...reading might have made you look less foolish as the post wasn't even about the 49ers. :D

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Marvin49":2h6p37g8 said:
seatownlowdown":2h6p37g8 said:
Sports Hernia":2h6p37g8 said:

he prolly wrote something serious, trying to argue about something, having gone through the interwebz looking for statistics and examples supporting his team and pov... when really all we are doing is pointing and laughing at the garbage franchise that is the 49ers and their flip floppy fans, most of which leave 49er home games after the 1st quarter. he just doesnt get it. its just so much fun watching the trainwreck, safe to the say the 49ers implosion is no longer imminent, but complete. which reminds me http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100336

Yes...reading might have made you look less foolish as the post wasn't even about the 49ers. :D

foolish is 5524 posts on the seahawks.net forums when youre a 49er fan. equally foolish is honestly taking anything serious on those forums. and no ofc i dont read novels from 49er fans on sports forums, that would also be foolish. :stirthepot:

that being said marvin, youre a good sport, and youve almost always have carried yourself well here. its all in good fun :mrgreen:

carry on

EmeraldRaven

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":2eg0v3u5 said:
Marvin49":2eg0v3u5 said:
seatownlowdown":2eg0v3u5 said:
Sports Hernia":2eg0v3u5 said:

he prolly wrote something serious, trying to argue about something, having gone through the interwebz looking for statistics and examples supporting his team and pov... when really all we are doing is pointing and laughing at the garbage franchise that is the 49ers and their flip floppy fans, most of which leave 49er home games after the 1st quarter. he just doesnt get it. its just so much fun watching the trainwreck, safe to the say the 49ers implosion is no longer imminent, but complete. which reminds me viewtopic.php?f=4&t=100336

foolish is 5524 posts on the seahawks.net forums when youre a 49er fan. equally foolish is honestly taking anything serious on those forums. and no ofc i dont read novels from 49er fans on sports forums, that would also be foolish. :stirthepot:

that being said marvin, youre a good sport, and youve almost always have carried yourself well here. its all in good fun :mrgreen:

carry on

:49ersmall:

Why is he even here? Im new here so I was like.. wait, rams and 9ers fan, is this forum conjoined? Then I checked and it isnt. Why the heck are they here? Seriously are they so bored with their teams they posts thousands of posts on their rivals teams forums? Whatever.

ANyways, back to the Seattle and Bay Area sports.
I dont really care about baseball... its too slow.
3 strikes
3 takes/balls
over 9001 fouls.

Some batters stay on the mat for like 5 mins without hitting a damn thing... then next batter, they MIGHT hit it, oh they did! Oh wait... it wasnt a good enough hit, hes tagged and out.
Or bases loaded and one bad bat ruins the whole inning.
Ridiculous.

NHL though... I love, and Id love for Seattle to have a NHL team.. youd think with the Canucks right above.. and is having a base that even sells soccer the nHL would make it a priority.. oh well, maybe one day.
And Im a Blazers fan... NBA is less interesting to me now that I got into hockey. Way too many fouls in NBA its ridiculous, was amazed at how hockey is actually more game than commercials.

Would like to have the Sharks but thats about it. And sure old memories are nice... but decades is a long time, come 2028 I doubt Ill give much of a rats ass about the ring we won in 2014 if we havent won since.

Marvin49

Reaction score
EmeraldRaven":1eawz6ww said:
seatownlowdown":1eawz6ww said:
Marvin49":1eawz6ww said:
seatownlowdown":1eawz6ww said:

carry on

:49ersmall:

Why is he even here? Im new here so I was like.. wait, rams and 9ers fan, is this forum conjoined? Then I checked and it isnt. Why the heck are they here? Seriously are they so bored with their teams they posts thousands of posts on their rivals teams forums? Whatever.

ANyways, back to the Seattle and Bay Area sports.
I dont really care about baseball... its too slow.
3 strikes
3 takes/balls
over 9001 fouls.

Some batters stay on the mat for like 5 mins without hitting a damn thing... then next batter, they MIGHT hit it, oh they did! Oh wait... it wasnt a good enough hit, hes tagged and out.
Or bases loaded and one bad bat ruins the whole inning.
Ridiculous.

NHL though... I love, and Id love for Seattle to have a NHL team.. youd think with the Canucks right above.. and is having a base that even sells soccer the nHL would make it a priority.. oh well, maybe one day.
And Im a Blazers fan... NBA is less interesting to me now that I got into hockey. Way too many fouls in NBA its ridiculous, was amazed at how hockey is actually more game than commercials.

Would like to have the Sharks but thats about it. And sure old memories are nice... but decades is a long time, come 2028 I doubt Ill give much of a rats ass about the ring we won in 2014 if we havent won since.

I'm here because I like to converse with fans of teams that don't necessarliy automatically agree with me based on the team I love.

My group of personal friends include Bears, Cowboys, Raiders, Dolphins, and Saints fans. Its more fun to talk to people who have a different rooting interest. Its all good natured and I mostly stay on the NFL Page.

Really not complicated.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1xnsd4be said:
Marvin49":1xnsd4be said:
pehawk":1xnsd4be said:
Why even drag Zeb into this, Marvin?

uh...no clue what you are even talking about....

Look, there's nothing wrong with being into Zebs and Brokebacks, we all have our preferences, but you outing these preferences in a non-shacked forum is making my life very difficult. That's all I'm saying.

.......................................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm'kay.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Popeyejones":bpepqm73 said:
Marvin49":bpepqm73 said:

Yeah, it's so off-base it's the type of comment that would just make me disregard anything else the speaker had to say, as whoever argues that clearly doesn't have a problem with making definitive statements about things they have absolutely no idea about.

If anything, for the last 20 years in the Bay Area non-basketball fans have found the obsessive dedication and loyalty of Warriors fans to be kinda depressing and pathetic. :lol:

Even when the team sucked for forever and a day Warriors games were still fun to go to, because their diehard fanbase had that sh!thole of an arena rocking as hard as anywhere despite the team's ineptitude.

There's a massive bandwagon now of course, but the diehard core of Warriors fans that didn't even waver through decades of losing is one of the more interesting sports stories in the Bay Area, IMO.

Heck, it's like time stopped for a week or two during the "We Believe" run when the Warriors made it out of the first round of the playoffs. :lol:

Re: the rest of your comment, the Giants' fanbase strikes me as being a bit more fair weather than the A's one (and probably more fair weather than the fanbase for any of the major sports in the Bay Area), although that could just be because the A's fanbase has really withered down to just being populated by the die hard fans.

You are absolutely correct about A's and Giants fans and your comments about the Warriors made me think about the Sacramento Kings in my neck of the woods. If they ever got good... To be fair they had a little decent run over a decade ago and got smacked by the refs.. I mean Lakers.