Harbaugh told Jed York that meeting was for 'men only

Jville

Reaction score
^^^ That's what they want you to believe.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^ O' come on. Lighten up. Skate on the ice.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":3a6ska4b said:
"not money that was personally contributed or guaranteed by Jed"

I hate to break it to ya, but Jed ain't that rich. The ONLY way they'd be able to contribute would be through some sort of loan. That's what the league loan is for and the team will pay down the debt in that case. Jed himself wasn't a co-founder of Microsoft.

Whats kinda funny to me though is that peeps are giving Jed crap here for not being able to write a 130 million dollar check the way Allen did but don't absolve Allen of footing Seattle with 65% of the remaining cost.

As pointed out above, he was also handed the title of President at 28 years old without having earned anything on his own.

Any time I can get you to jump to Jed's defense, you know I'm going to take it. Less than one year from now, his name with be synonymous with the inevitable downfall that is caused by nepotism, entitlement, and incompetence.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":1r6b436z said:
*** O' come on. Lighten up. Skate on the ice.

I'm not upset. :D Just fishing to see if you are just bein' a wiseguy or really had something to say.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2ma3qyy5 said:
Marvin49":2ma3qyy5 said:

I hate to break it to ya, but Jed ain't that rich. The ONLY way they'd be able to contribute would be through some sort of loan. That's what the league loan is for and the team will pay down the debt in that case. Jed himself wasn't a co-founder of Microsoft.

Whats kinda funny to me though is that peeps are giving Jed crap here for not being able to write a 130 million dollar check the way Allen did but don't absolve Allen of footing Seattle with 65% of the remaining cost.

As pointed out above, he was also handed the title of President at 28 years old without having earned anything on his own.

Any time I can get you to jump to Jed's defense, you know I'm going to take it. Less than one year from now, his name with be synonymous with the inevitable downfall that is caused by nepotism, entitlement, and incompetence.

Why does that have anything at all to do with anything?

The recent Maras inherited their teams. So did the recent Rooneys. So did the Browns (Bengals). How about the Hunts? Don't even get me starts on Mark Davis.

Unlike Mark Davis who is waiting for someone to do everything for him, Jed got the stadium built when nobody else could...including his uncle.

Why does it take someone having to make their money on their own to be taken at all seriously? Oh, I know why. Its because YOUR owner made his money that way and its just another stone you can throw. Typical.

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":33nm3b36 said:
Jville":33nm3b36 said:

I'm not upset. :D Just fishing to see if you are just bein' a wiseguy or really had something to say.

I sense a lot of tension. Relax. Your not Jed York's chosen proxy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Jville":1f3shztt said:
Marvin49":1f3shztt said:
Jville":1f3shztt said:

Of course not...don't make what I'm reading any less ridiculous. For the record, this is my default posting state. :D No tension.

Jville

Reaction score
Marvin49":1otws80i said:
Jville":1otws80i said:
Marvin49":1otws80i said:
Jville":1otws80i said:

Of course not...don't make what I'm reading any less ridiculous. For the record, this is my default posting state. :D No tension.

:shock: You actually chose to live like that 24/7?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":hbhnoh7u said:
hawknation2015":hbhnoh7u said:
Marvin49":hbhnoh7u said:

The recent Maras inherited their teams. So did the recent Rooneys. So did the Browns (Bengals). How about the Hunts? Don't even get me starts on Mark Davis.

Unlike Mark Davis who is waiting for someone to do everything for him, Jed got the stadium built when nobody else could...including his uncle.

Why does someone having to make their money on their own to be taken at all seriously? Oh, I know why. Its because YOUR owner made his money that way and its just another stone you can throw. Typical.

Some would say earning one's way in life makes you a man.

Letting his ego destroy a franchise is part of what makes Jed a little man-child in the eyes of many.

Tumblr inline nle112q8t91rh4yho 500

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think it's nice that Marvin doesn't charge us for the "entertainment".
He does this for free. He should be commended. 8)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":1hqloxdi said:

Why does it take someone having to make their money on their own to be taken at all seriously? Oh, I know why. Its because YOUR owner made his money that way and its just another stone you can throw. Typical.

Hey Marv, can you describe your feelings for Jed in a paragraph or two? I'm curious if you're a fan or if you just don't like people saying things about your team's owner.

Talking about how you feel about the person. Not the fact that he "got the stadium built". I don't know much about him, I laugh at him because he just looks like a bit of a tool.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As an enemy fan of the niners, I really like York. He built a stadium in which my Hawks are undefeated in, and I thank him for at least being partially responsible for the current state of his team. Thanks Jedthro! :D

Jville

Reaction score
Since we are giving thanks this evening, I would like to thank Jedthro for the cast of characters he has assembled for our amusement & entertainment. :th2thumbs: They are without equal.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I hope for the sake of Niner fans that the real season goes better than the offseason. Not much better, but better. Cuz if you hung a score on this offseason, it would be a blowout.

more to the point, I think these little glimpses into last year show that Jim knew he was gone long before he was officially told he was gone. Harbs is a dick. He has his own little system of respect and honor, and if you don't measure up, he treats you like crap. Now, why the hell the owner thought Harbs would be respectful when he and Baalke were making it plain they wanted him gone is beyond me, but he is the owner, and any meeting he wants to be a part of is his right. I can't imagine Pete telling his team owner that he was not a man. A players and coaches only meeting is perfectly understandable, but insulting the guy who signs the checks is just insubordination.

If Jed was more manly, he would have fired Harbs on the spot. Would have made a hell of a point. The way they ended up letting Harbs go and the defenses of it later on really just proved that Harbaugh's statement was spot on, if still out of line.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":e7ut002x said:
Marvin49":e7ut002x said:

Hey Marv, can you describe your feelings for Jed in a paragraph or two? I'm curious if you're a fan or if you just don't like people saying things about your team's owner.

Talking about how you feel about the person. Not the fact that he "got the stadium built". I don't know much about him, I laugh at him because he just looks like a bit of a tool.

Honestly?

I really don't know. Two years ago he was the conquering hero. He got the stadium built, he hired Baalke and Harbaugh, and under his reign the team returned to the respectability it had before his father destroyed it.

As a person, I don't know him either (tho I met him very briefly once) so it's really hard to say anything in that regard.

What I respond to tho when I defend him here (and on the 'zone for that matter) is peeps who make personal attacks that don't make sense.

"He's cheap"! OK, then why did he have the most expensive coaching staff in the NFL. The new coaching staff is less expensive by about 3-4 million and they'd stand to make ALOT more than that if they make the playoffs or SB.

"He's auctioning off the team now that he's got his stadium"! Uh, nobody who left via Free Agency wasn't expected to leave. He can't control player retirements and they will be up against the cap regardless.

"He's hopelessly in over his head and he's just a spoiled child"! Was he that a few years ago when he promoted McGloughan over Nolan, then hired Singletary (bad move) and then fired him (good move), then promoted Baalke and hired Harbaugh.

Time will tell if he'll be a good owner or not. How well Tomsula works out will go a long way toward answering that question, but they haven't played a down yet under this new coaching staff.

My defense of him for the most part just has to do with the uneducated assumptions people make and how they drop the entire weight of everything they perceive as bad in Ninerland squarely on his feet. Wiilis retires. "OMG players don't want to stay here". Borland retires. "OMG guys are willing to give up millions of dollars to escape! Thanks Jed!!".

Wha? Just doesn't make any sense.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3jyplazz said:
And (2) it doesn't even match the $300 million figure that Popeye pulled out of who knows where to insinuate that Jed paid a nickel of his own money for this stadium or that he used more of his own money than Paul Allen did, LOL.

As I told you higher in the thread I'm more than happy to explain the figure to you, so long as you clarify that rather than just merely changing the goal posts, you're only now focusing on this one figure because we're in agreement about the rest of my post.

Here's my post again, which although continuing to talk about me, you've ignored:

Popeyejones":3jyplazz said:
Happy to.

Before digging into that single number, let's make sure we agree on all of the other figures I cited.

You agree that Seattle taxpayers contributed 466% higher of a percent of the cost of the stadium than Santa Clara taxpayers, and that the 49ers pay 2400% higher annual rental fees to Santa Clara than the Seahawks do to Seattle?

Let's establish that baseline about who has gotten "a city to cover" what (as you said in your quote that I objected to).

We're on the same page that you're wrong about that?

If so, we can proceed with how someone with a billion dollars makes a several hundred million dollar investment versus how someone with 17.5 billion dollars makes a 130 million dollar investment. ;)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":1kj04rr8 said:
Laloosh":1kj04rr8 said:
Marvin49":1kj04rr8 said:

Honestly?

I really don't know. Two years ago he was the conquering hero. He got the stadium built, he hired Baalke and Harbaugh, and under his reign the team returned to the respectability it had before his father destroyed it.

As a person, I don't know him either (tho I met him very briefly once) so it's really hard to say anything in that regard.

What I respond to tho when I defend him here (and on the 'zone for that matter) is peeps who make personal attacks that don't make sense.

"He's cheap"! OK, then why did he have the most expensive coaching staff in the NFL. The new coaching staff is less expensive by about 3-4 million and they'd stand to make ALOT more than that if they make the playoffs or SB.

"He's auctioning off the team now that he's got his stadium"! Uh, nobody who left via Free Agency wasn't expected to leave. He can't control player retirements and they will be up against the cap regardless.

"He's hopelessly in over his head and he's just a spoiled child"! Was he that a few years ago when he promoted McGloughan over Nolan, then hired Singletary (bad move) and then fired him (good move), then promoted Baalke and hired Harbaugh.

Time will tell if he'll be a good owner or not. How well Tomsula works out will go a long way toward answering that question, but they haven't played a down yet under this new coaching staff.

My defense of him for the most part just has to do with the uneducated assumptions people make and how they drop the entire weight of everything they perceive as bad in Ninerland squarely on his feet. Wiilis retires. "OMG players don't want to stay here". Borland retires. "OMG guys are willing to give up millions of dollars to escape! Thanks Jed!!".

Wha? Just doesn't make any sense.

You basically argue assumptions with assumptions of your own. Your assumptions are often wrong, which is why you are so fun to have around.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":3kuq0ka7 said:
You basically argue assumptions with assumptions of your own. Your assumptions are often wrong, which is why you are so fun to have around.

Umm, yes you're right. Marvin is assuming that Chris Borland did not retire from football because he dislikes Jed York.

That is an assumption. It is also an assumption that I won't be struck dead while typing this, as it is an assumption that while reading this a dragon won't fly out of your computer and knock you over.

If you want to assume that Borland retired from football after his rookie year because he dislikes Jed York, or that Willis retired because he dislikes Jed York (despite his last contract being an EXTENSION he signed with a Jed York run team), that is fully you're right.

It is also every fully thinking person's right to roll their eyes at you.

Put another way, not all assumptions are created equal.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2z26xkes said:
rideaducati":2z26xkes said:

Umm, yes you're right. Marvin is assuming that Chris Borland did not retire from football because he dislikes Jed York.

That is an assumption. It is also an assumption that I won't be struck dead while typing this, as it is an assumption that while reading this a dragon won't fly out of your computer and knock you over.

If you want to assume that Borland retired from football after his rookie year because he dislikes Jed York, or that Willis retired because he dislikes Jed York (despite his last contract being an EXTENSION he signed with a Jed York run team), that is fully you're right.

It is also every fully thinking person's right to roll their eyes at you.

Put another way, not all assumptions are created equal.

Legit LOL. :D