Harbaugh told Jed York that meeting was for 'men only

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1o48tpjm said:
Marvin49":1o48tpjm said:
Laloosh":1o48tpjm said:
Marvin49":1o48tpjm said:
Why does that have anything at all to do with anything?

The recent Maras inherited their teams. So did the recent Rooneys. So did the Browns (Bengals). How about the Hunts? Don't even get me starts on Mark Davis.

Unlike Mark Davis who is waiting for someone to do everything for him, Jed got the stadium built when nobody else could...including his uncle.

Why does it take someone having to make their money on their own to be taken at all seriously? Oh, I know why. Its because YOUR owner made his money that way and its just another stone you can throw. Typical.

Hey Marv, can you describe your feelings for Jed in a paragraph or two? I'm curious if you're a fan or if you just don't like people saying things about your team's owner.

Talking about how you feel about the person. Not the fact that he "got the stadium built". I don't know much about him, I laugh at him because he just looks like a bit of a tool.

Honestly?

I really don't know. Two years ago he was the conquering hero. He got the stadium built, he hired Baalke and Harbaugh, and under his reign the team returned to the respectability it had before his father destroyed it.

As a person, I don't know him either (tho I met him very briefly once) so it's really hard to say anything in that regard.

What I respond to tho when I defend him here (and on the 'zone for that matter) is peeps who make personal attacks that don't make sense.

"He's cheap"! OK, then why did he have the most expensive coaching staff in the NFL. The new coaching staff is less expensive by about 3-4 million and they'd stand to make ALOT more than that if they make the playoffs or SB.

"He's auctioning off the team now that he's got his stadium"! Uh, NOOOOBODY!!! who left via Free Agency wasn't expected to leave. He can't control player retirements and they will be up against the cap regardless.

"He's hopelessly in over his head and he's just a spoiled child"! Was he that a few years ago when he promoted McGloughan over Nolan, then hired Singletary (bad move) and then fired him (good move), then promoted Baalke and hired Harbaugh.

Time will tell if he'll be a good owner or not. How well Tomsula works out will go a long way toward answering that question, but they haven't played a down yet under this new coaching staff.

My defense of him for the most part just has to do with the uneducated assumptions people make and how they drop the entire weight of everything they perceive as bad in Ninerland squarely on his feet. Wiilis retires. "OMG players don't want to stay here". Borland retires. "OMG guys are willing to give up millions of dollars to escape! Thanks Jed!!".

Wha? Just doesn't make any sense.

Thanks Marv. I hope you don't mind but I made a small edit. Where's your team spirit?

:D I have to admit...I really always hated that thing. WAY to easy to make joking responses. I think some of the older players tired of it pretty quickly as well.