Hard Knocks

ivotuk

Reaction score
Back to the topic at hand, this will be the first Hard Knocks I will be interested in. I hope it exposes Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams and their dirty play.

If not that, then I hope it forces them to clean it up, but I highly doubt that. After that final game where the Rams got personal fouls for dirty play, and then Fisher went on camera saying "We need to get dirty play out of the NFL." I lost all respect for him.

I hope they 6 - 10 and Jeff Fisher is never hired again. Get him off the competition committee with the stupid rule changes!

rideaducati

Reaction score
ivotuk":kyx2w5mi said:
Back to the topic at hand, this will be the first Hard Knocks I will be interested in. I hope it exposes Jeff Fisher and Gregg Williams and their dirty play.

If not that, then I hope it forces them to clean it up, but I highly doubt that. After that final game where the Rams got personal fouls for dirty play, and then Fisher went on camera saying "We need to get dirty play out of the NFL." I lost all respect for him.

I hope they 6 - 10 and Jeff Fisher is never hired again. Get him off the competition committee with the stupid rule changes!

Fisher is no longer on the competition committee. He stepped down because there is just too much on his plate with the rams moving to L.A.. http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/p ... -committee

RedAlice

Reaction score
ivotuk":1awrlrlq said:

One wish is already true! It was true in February when he left the competition committee as you wished. Fisher had zero to do with this year's rule changes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/p ... -committee

And, I absolutely adore you Ivotuk for what you post here. I do not agree with you on the Rams, but hey, that's why I like posting here and enjoying what all of you post.

I agree that this Hard Knocks will be interesting. I've never seen it before. I will be watching now.

:I need a martini glass thingy:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RedAlice":nvyyjxdw said:
ivotuk":nvyyjxdw said:

One wish is already true! It was true in February when he left the competition committee as you wished. Fisher had zero to do with this year's rule changes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/p ... -committee

And, I absolutely adore you Ivotuk for what you post here. I do not agree with you on the Rams, but hey, that's why I like posting here and enjoying what all of you post.

I agree that this Hard Knocks will be interesting. I've never seen it before. I will be watching now.

:I need a martini glass thingy:
And I enjoy you and your posts Alice, but to think Fisher doesn't teach and/or encourage dirty, cheap shot football is to watch the Rams with homer colored glasses.

RedAlice

Reaction score
@hawksfansinceday1: I am aware that is your opinion, yes.

I respect everyone's opinion, and I'm well aware of the perspectives here.

I choose not to argue things where everyone already is entrenched.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RedAlice":3us6upw8 said:

Cool.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3pb0v6fi said:
RedAlice":3pb0v6fi said:

Cool.

:179417:

However, when this whole offseason is over. I look forward to a great back and forth regarding actual play between our teams.

Loves.

Rambitious

Reaction score
Scottemojo":p0m45clj said:
I knew the Rams had a deal with the league on Sam. For what, I did not know, but I knew Roger asked them to take Sam.

If they will ask teams to do things for PR, will they ask officials?

You did?

Wow.....Goodell is that you? ;)

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I suppose it will be entertaining to watch a 7-9 season from the ground up for once instead of just not caring after the fact.

pehawk

Reaction score
The secret of "7-9" is safe.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MylesASimmons/status/730863569261072384[/tweet]

rideaducati

Reaction score
pehawk":166namql said:
The secret of "7-9" is safe.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MylesASimmons/status/730863569261072384[/tweet]

I doubt Fisher knows the meaning of "competitive advantage"? I wonder what would happen if he did.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
RedAlice":1r98tomx said:
Stan Kroenke grew up in Mora, MO:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mora, ... c8c9fdc4ed

It's probably a shorter drive to Kansas City. Like I said....small farm community outside of the "big" city.

True. Mora is in the "STL area" like Ephrata is in the "Seattle area."

If I had heard "farm-town boy marries into Wal-Mart money," at the beginning, I would have understood Stan Kroenke much better.

Fun facts: Ephrata does have a Wal-Mart Supercenter. Mora may or may not have a 4-way stop.

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1hqjyofs said:
RedAlice":1hqjyofs said:
Stan Kroenke grew up in Mora, MO:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mora, ... c8c9fdc4ed

It's probably a shorter drive to Kansas City. Like I said....small farm community outside of the "big" city.

True. Mora is in the "STL area" like Ephrata is in the "Seattle area."

If I had heard "farm-town boy marries into Wal-Mart money," at the beginning, I would have understood Stan Kroenke much better.

Fun facts: Ephrata does have a Wal-Mart Supercenter. Mora may or may not have a 4-way stop.

I'm pretty sure Witt, Illinois had no stop signs at all when I lived there. May still not have any.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Witt, ... 89.3481413

Kroenke did marry well, and then he pursued his own business plans. I like him, as obviously he made what I want happen.

Some Rams fans are debating the legacy of Georgia Frontiere, Dan Reeves and Kroenke. So many knowledgeable opinions and memories, is interesting. I will forever remember Kroenke as the man who brought the Rams back to LA. So.

Rob12

Reaction score
Team moving to a new (old) city... I think it will be pretty entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
RedAlice":1dr3qbf4 said:
Kroenke did marry well, and then he pursued his own business plans.

Finding one's self with a few billion dollars to play with is useful in pursuing business plans. ;)

RedAlice":1dr3qbf4 said:
I like him, as obviously he made what I want happen.

No doubt. He'll always be the man for L.A. Rams fans.

RedAlice

Reaction score
@Clock. No doubt. I'd love to be given the opp to play around w a few million. As would we all.

Fact is though, he did it as a poor farmer boy. Maybe he's charming. Don't care, he brought the Rams home.

I also fully believe Fisher has 3 more years no matter what happens unless Rams are under 4 wins, which won't happen.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1f41y3ja said:
As a football fan I would have preferred the Raiders (personally I'd prefer the Bills), but the decision to force it on the Rams is nothing if not an obvious one.

Really? I suppose I wouldn't watch if the Niners were on, so maybe I see what you mean. But from a football fan perspective...

Donald and Gurley are two of the best players in the NFL already.

#1 pick QB

Never had a move happen right before/during hard knocks

So many good players and story lines here...should be the most interesting hard knocks to date.

Latest posts