Harris waived

Cartire

Reaction score
Cartire":21trsk2a said:
Seahawk Sailor":21trsk2a said:
I could have called this move just watching Harris run after Rawls went out of the last game. Bouncing and flailing around with little gain if any at all. I was scared he'd fumble it away every time he touched the ball.

There was one extremely bad play where you just knew he wasnt going to cut it. And the camera from the sideline showed an obviously bad read. He was was running an off-tackle to the right. RT blocked his guy towards the center and Harris should have EASILY read that and ran to the outside WHERE THERE WAS NO ONE AT ALL! It was green forever.

Instead, he cuts it to the inside of the tackle straight into the blocked lineman. It was disgusting. I screamed at my TV for the first time since the Super Bowl. Thats how mad I was when I saw him do that.

I wouldnt be surprised if as soon as Pete saw that on film, he went straight to John and told him to get rid of him.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm going out on a limb here, Harris being waived could also be a sign that Lynch is doing better with his rehab and closer to returning. May not be back this week but against the Rams possibly.

Cartire

Reaction score
hawkfan68":vy7pffpz said:
I'm going out on a limb here, Harris being waived could also be a sign that Lynch is doing better with his rehab and closer to returning. May not be back this week but against the Rams possibly.

Then they would have waited till next week. Has nothing to do with him. Harris just blows. No hidden meaning here.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I hope that's the case and I had similar thoughts. Don't rush it but once he's ready start mixing him in. Sounds like if the surgery takes he should be fine without much risk.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Cartire":32igxadj said:
hawkfan68":32igxadj said:

Then they would have waited till next week. Has nothing to do with him. Harris just blows. No hidden meaning here.

Yeah. They don't need to clear a roster spot for Lynch if he gets healthy enough to play.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Harris could be back as a PS player, seems to me he still has ball security issues and needs to learn to read the zone blocking better to be useful. That said he has great lateral speed and a burst when he decides to hit the hole, he needs training in running in ZBS.

Cartire

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2x654ez4 said:
Harris could be back as a PS player, seems to me he still has ball security issues and needs to learn to read the zone blocking better to be useful. That said he has great lateral speed and a burst when he decides to hit the hole, he needs training in running in ZBS.

I dont think hes PS eligible. This is his 4th season.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I hated watching Harris run the ball, he appeared to already be falling down when he hit the line of scrimmage. I couldn't be any happier to see that he was cut. I am also glad we have CMike back. I think he was the best choice under the circumstances. I hope we go with him for the majority of the carries but if not I'm way better with Brown or Coleman than I ever would have been with Harris. I hope they don't even bring him back to the practice squad.

Latest posts