Harvin thread (Play nice) *To practice this week*

Status
Not open for further replies.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1kzykw0a said:
According to Blount on ESPN, Harvin had a workout with Russell on Monday and he looked amazing so they kept him off the IR.

But did Harvin look like he LIKED Russell? Was he giving him high-fives and also saying "Go Hawks" after every sentence? If not, he's probably a cancer who hates Seattle and all the 12s and is rehabbing JUST enough to avoid IR so that he can sabotage the season.

hawksmode

Reaction score
Just to have him sprint out and make them wonder if we will throw to him is good enough. I do not care if he even touches the ball...Could open up the run game IMHO. Even open up lanes for Wilson. Could you imagine a pump fake to Harvin ( who is double teamed ) and then Wilson running for 10-20 yds a 3-4 times a game? And then maybe the surprise 50 yd bomb to Harvin if he is feeling good...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
And again I state

Roster spots are too precious at this point in the season to keep Harvin off IR just to give other teams "something to think about" or to have him trot onto the field as a decoy for 10 snaps.

Sorry.

If you're really planning on that as part of your game plan, your team probably sucks anyways.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Don't worry guys this was all part of the plan for the Rain City Redemption movie, that I'm still waiting on to finish btw...

:179417:

Donn2390

Reaction score
volsunghawk":36snh3l2 said:
EverydayImRusselin":36snh3l2 said:
According to Blount on ESPN, Harvin had a workout with Russell on Monday and he looked amazing so they kept him off the IR.

But did Harvin look like he LIKED Russell? Was he giving him high-fives and also saying "Go Hawks" after every sentence? If not, he's probably a cancer who hates Seattle and all the 12s and is rehabbing JUST enough to avoid IR so that he can sabotage the season.
I realize

edited by radish

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Donn2390":10gtjq8t said:
volsunghawk":10gtjq8t said:
EverydayImRusselin":10gtjq8t said:

I realize.

Oh, I'm pretty sure volsung was just joking/ being sarcastic. I don't think he actually feels that way.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Good news about Harvin. I hope he practices well and doesn't have any major setbacks moving forward. I do find it interesting that he last played in week 11, the next game he plays (if he does) would be Jan 11, he wears the number 11, and his contract avgs a little over $11M. Sure a lot of 11s. Coincidence?

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":s58e0ta3 said:
Good news about Harvin. I hope he practices well and doesn't have any major setbacks moving forward. I do find it interesting that he last played in week 11, the next game he plays (if he does) would be Jan 11, and he wears the number 11, and his contract avgs a little over $11M. Sure a lot of 11s. Coincidence?

11th man on the field, etc.

Seeker

Reaction score
Something about that presser from Pete was very telling.

(NOTE: i'm paraphrasing here)
Reporter: What has been the leading cause of percy being cleared to play.

Pete: Him being cleared to practice *pete carroll laugh*

Pete has a VERY firm, "no practice, no play" rule and he doesn't bypass it for anybody, not even a superstar. I wouldn't be surprised if this has been part of the battle but after adam scheftering myself I think i'll play it safe and just hope it all works out. I highly doubt any other player on this team right now would suffer the same reactions from fans because they didn't carry with them the baggage of past behavior being noted from the Vikings organization. Remember the tell on harvin wasn't that he didn't come to play but that he didn't come to practice unless he felt like it (this was said about harvin from the Vikings announcer on wyman mike and moore the day we got him). I hope Pete has "broken" that diva out of him. no practice, no play.

Donn2390

Reaction score
hawkfan68":28d8qyqj said:
Good news about Harvin. I hope he practices well and doesn't have any major setbacks moving forward. I do find it interesting that he last played in week 11, the next game he plays (if he does) would be Jan 11, he wears the number 11, and his contract avgs a little over $11M. Sure a lot of 11s. Coincidence?
11 is my lucky number, so I'm all in...!!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Seeker":1q7qj4ox said:

Pete has a VERY firm, "no practice, no play" rule and he doesn't bypass it for anybody, not even a superstar. I wouldn't be surprised if this has been part of the battle but after adam scheftering myself I think i'll play it safe and just hope it all works out. I highly doubt any other player on this team right now would suffer the same reactions from fans because they didn't carry with them the baggage of past behavior being noted from the Vikings organization. Remember the tell on harvin wasn't that he didn't come to play but that he didn't come to practice unless he felt like it (this was said about harvin from the Vikings announcer on wyman mike and moore the day we got him). I hope Pete has "broken" that diva out of him. no practice, no play.

Or maybe he was really injured and rehabbing?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
pmedic920":3e3yt9e1 said:
PryorFamily":3e3yt9e1 said:
Watch Harvin be the Superbowl MVP. LOL.

SOOOOOOO many people

Personally I'm torn by this. On one hand I'd love to see this because it means we won and #11 made a contribution.
On the other hand the guys have done so well without #11, I'd almost hate to see him come in so late, and get that much glory.
I'd have to pull for #24 on this one.
GoHawks.

Meh. Like I'm way more a fan of Lynch than Harvin right now too, but if given the choices of
A) Hawks win the SB 100% of the time and Harvin wins the MVP.
B) Hawks win the SB 99% of the time and Lynch wins the MVP,
I'm taking A without hesitation. I just want that damn trophy.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Thing I like about this is that when Percy was originally going to return at midseason, there was concern of "will he screw up the offense's chemistry?" I don't think anyone is worried about maintaining the offense's current chemistry. Percy playing can basically only be a positive.

Basis4day

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":13f6a3e8 said:
Seeker":13f6a3e8 said:

Pete said in the presser that Harvin had been rehabbing and working his tail of to get on the field. He wasn't just sitting around his house. He was rehabbing the entire time.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Basis4day":1s5r0ki3 said:
ImTheScientist":1s5r0ki3 said:
Seeker":1s5r0ki3 said:

Pete said in the presser that Harvin had been rehabbing and working his tail of to get on the field. He wasn't just sitting around his house. He was rehabbing the entire time.

Yup, Im not sure why people continue to make things up.

Mitch

Reaction score
Mitch
Post subject: Re: Harvin likely to end year on IR
Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:23 am

"I believe that all of the speculation about Harvin going on IR comes back to Pete's one comment on the prospect of this happening. Does anybody have any real information other than he is not practicing? A first round bye gives Harvin two more weeks to get off the couch."

I may have finally got one right. All of the talking heads were throwing out nonsense based on one comment from Pete. :0190l:

Status
Not open for further replies.