Harvin thread (Play nice) *To practice this week*

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
BamKam":up7d6pc6 said:
NJSeaHawk":up7d6pc6 said:
BamKam":up7d6pc6 said:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10220436/percy-harvin-seattle-seahawks-avoided-injured-reserve-workout

Watch the video. Ed Werder reports that Percy had a "Phenomenal" throwing session with Percy yesterday. Great news!

If Percy is throwing to himself AND catching said ball, WE WILL BE UNSTOPPABLE!!!

Lol good catch. Walked right into that one.

:th2thumbs: Im good for at least three or four of these every two weeks.

HawkWow

Reaction score
My guess is we host SF to start our play-offs. Kaep has shown marked improvement over the course of the year in both passing and picking his spots to run, and I think Harbaugh will allow him to do run even more now in the post. But I have no reason to believe Kaep isn't going to get rattled again at the CLink and I don't fear the SF running game. I don't see the 9ers scoring more than 17 pts against our ridiculous D. and with that, we would probably be wise to use Harvin as sparingly as possible, unless he is in fact 100%.

Kick offs? I just don't know. If Pete uses Harvin to return our first kick, I will assume he must be 100% and while i'd still limit his targets, based on inactivity alone, I'd have to assume he will be ready for a bigger load when Carolina rolls in.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3dln1h1b said:
I asked chris98251, before making a new thread as I find the Harvin situation very interesting and wanting to talk about it. Let's try to refrain from personal attacks though and just be thankful at the idea of Harvin getting back to the Hawks come playoff time.

My original post:

Heard it on Facebook first, just fantastic news!

I'm not a hater or anything else like some are saying.

I think myself along with many others were simply disappointed of the situation thats come from the Harvin ordeal. I'm sure we all wanted him to play as soon as he could for our Hawks, injury free, and hopefully now's the time he can come back, which by the way is perfect timing for the playoffs!

Go Harvin! (Gator alum)

Go Hawks!

Hope you understand when I say who gives a rip what you're "disappointed in" with Percy and his injury. This is not the first and only player with that situation. These kinds of decisions aren't made solely by the players, there's a whole chain of people that decide these things.

And I think it's clear he WANTS to play. Welcome Percy! Let's do this thing!!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":ikik4ee8 said:
NFSeahawks628":ikik4ee8 said:
I asked chris98251, before making a new thread as I find the Harvin situation very interesting and wanting to talk about it. Let's try to refrain from personal attacks though and just be thankful at the idea of Harvin getting back to the Hawks come playoff time.

My original post:

I think myself along with many others were simply disappointed of the situation thats come from the Harvin ordeal. I'm sure we all wanted him to play as soon as he could for our Hawks, injury free, and hopefully now's the time he can come back, which by the way is perfect timing for the playoffs!

Go Harvin! (Gator alum)

Go Hawks!

Hope you understand when I say who gives a rip what you're "disappointed in" with Percy and his injury. This is not the first and only player with that situation. These kinds of decisions aren't made solely by the players, there's a whole chain of people that decide these things.

Who gives a rip about any opinion any fan has about any team or player? Why even have a message board?

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":14xyvjbx said:
Who gives a rip about any opinion any fan has about any team or player? Why even have a message board?

Point is his "disappointment" in Percy is misdirected.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
He was disappointed we traded a first round pick and paid him, but he was injured and couldn't play.

Back on track, please.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Well bonus here is there's not a lot of Harvin Hawks film on him. I'm stoked he's entering when he is.
Go Hawks!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Green13":241f09wh said:
That said, if he returns a kick off for a 102 yard TD, takes some heat off Lynch and helps this team get a Lombardi, no one will remember any of this.

I have only been around here for a couple of weeks, but that is enough to tell me that this isn't true.

-bsd

Crabhawk

Reaction score
I'm still confused about the sideline situation. I still have yet to see/hear any definitive proof that 1) he was not ever present on the sidelines at games, 2) his absence from the sidelines was in opposition to the desire of the team, and/or 3) his absence negatively affected the chemistry, cohesion, or performance of the team. Until there is proof of any of that, why get upset? That's not a rhetorical question, I really am curious why an unknown variable is the fulcrum at which one's opinion of Percy balances.

Why is the assumption that his perceived absence from the sidelines came from a negative reason? Aren't there just as many plausible neutral or positive reasons? Camera's weren't focused on him? He was upstairs in a coaches booth? The coaches asked him not to be on the sidelines because of distraction or secrecy?

Literally, the only thing that matters is what his teammates and coaches think of him and perceive his actions. As much as we like to think of ourselves as part of the team as the 12th man, we're not, not really. If the players and coaches are happy with him and the chemistry is good, he could be in Paul Allen's suite in a clown costume during the games for all I care.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":37amzj91 said:
Well bonus here is there's not a lot of Harvin Hawks film on him. I'm stoked he's entering when he is.
Go Hawks!

This and Harvin plays MUCH bigger than his size. He's unafraid to challenge tacklers (like Tate) and that could possibly shorten his career. So the silver lining for me is that he's was spared 100+/- hits this year.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Crabhawk":2gftk003 said:
I'm still confused about the sideline situation. I still have yet to see/hear any definitive proof that 1) he was not ever present on the sidelines at games, 2) his absence from the sidelines was in opposition to the desire of the team, and/or 3) his absence negatively affected the chemistry, cohesion, or performance of the team. Until there is proof of any of that, why get upset? That's not a rhetorical question, I really am curious why an unknown variable is the fulcrum at which one's opinion of Percy balances.

It doesn't even matter. It's all subterfuge and BS to debate about on a message board. Basically, if the dude produces when he's out there, nothing else matters. As long as he's not raping or killing or abusing people, he can make it rain on strippers and piss on the Seahawk logo in the end zone if it means that he gets this team to win a Lombardi.

The Radish

Reaction score
Green13":3ea20cam said:
AbsolutNET":3ea20cam said:
Green13":3ea20cam said:
I believe that 90% of the naysayers would have a different opinion if we had just seen Harvin on the sidelines at home games.

I think that would have changed a lot of opinions.

I don't get that. He's rehabbing a weight bearing joint and people want to see him standing around in the cold for a few hours. That wouldn't help, so why do it?

First of all, it wasn't that cold most of the time and they have heaters on the sideline. Second, there's a big long bench he could sit on. But most importantly it would help a lot of people feel like he was invested in the team. I'm not saying he isn't, I have no idea, but it would have been great to see him out there. It would have meant a lot.

That said, if he returns a kick off for a 102 yard TD, takes some heat off Lynch and helps this team get a Lombardi, no one will remember any of this.

I wish him nothing but great luck. He's a Seahawk, this is a magic year.

Hip Joint repair
Doctors facility rehab
Team facility rehab
Standing around on newly repaired hip

Which one doesn't belong on that list?

:roll:

wannabe

Reaction score
I think he was hurt some but they did not want to play him if they did not have to. Harvin is there secret weapon that no one has played against. He is going to open up a can of whoop ass on who ever we play in the playoffs. Great Idea to keep him out to get him to 100%. Cant wait to see Harvin Light it up and burn every DB in the playoffs. GO HAWKS!

Hawks46

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":361w4roo said:
According to Blount on ESPN, Harvin had a workout with Russell on Monday and he looked amazing so they kept him off the IR.

I heard that on local ESPN radio here as well.

A couple of things: I also heard that his hip was diagnosed with this problem at the combine. The Hawks knew about. Every team knows about it. Here's my question: Harvin is ridiculously explosive. Is fixing his hip going to make him even faster, if the hip wasn't functioning correctly in the past ? Because that would be SICK.

I think it would be Awesome if Pete and Co. planned this the entire way (to release Percy in the playoffs) and punked the entire league. They knew we really didn't NEED Harvin, he just put us over the top...so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Here's the other factor in this: Pete might've done it just to tweak Harbaugh. Look at our game down in SF, and also the 1st half of the game up here: our teams are very closely matched; especially with Crabtree back to form and Bolding playing very well. Getting Harvin puts us past them....Harvin tore SF last year when Minny played them. The Niners don't have anyone that can cover him man on man...they'd have to slide coverage and Baldwin or Tate would kill them.

Edited by Chris (language)

Green13

Reaction score
The Radish":2fwo72no said:
Green13":2fwo72no said:
AbsolutNET":2fwo72no said:
Green13":2fwo72no said:
I believe that 90% of the naysayers would have a different opinion if we had just seen Harvin on the sidelines at home games.

I think that would have changed a lot of opinions.

I don't get that. He's rehabbing a weight bearing joint and people want to see him standing around in the cold for a few hours. That wouldn't help, so why do it?

First of all, it wasn't that cold most of the time and they have heaters on the sideline. Second, there's a big long bench he could sit on. But most importantly it would help a lot of people feel like he was invested in the team. I'm not saying he isn't, I have no idea, but it would have been great to see him out there. It would have meant a lot.

I wish him nothing but great luck. He's a Seahawk, this is a magic year.

Hip Joint repair
Doctors facility rehab
Team facility rehab
Standing around on newly repaired hip

Which one doesn't belong on that list?

:roll:

Perhaps there was a medical reason he wasn't out there. Personally, I doubt it, but that's pure speculation. Regardless, my comment was that it would have been nice if he had been seen and that it would have likely changed some opinions. I don't think there is a valid argument against that.

I'm not really sure why this is such a controversial topic. None of us know the details and we're all entitled to our own opinion. Can we all agree that we want him to play???

chris98251

Reaction score
Perhaps there was a medical reason he wasn't out there. Personally, I doubt it, but that's pure speculation. Regardless, my comment was that it would have been nice if he had been seen and that it would have likely changed some opinions. I don't think there is a valid argument against that.

I'm not really sure why this is such a controversial topic. None of us know the details and we're all entitled to our own opinion. Can we all agree that we want him to play???

Because it won't be let go and someone feels they have to be right is my thought.

ceej22

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":1wngq3gb said:
NFSeahawks628":1wngq3gb said:

My original post:

Go Harvin! (Gator alum)

Go Hawks!

Oh so we can't be disappointed that we only got to see him touch the ball twice this year. That's absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.