Has it happened to you yet?

suppaball

Reaction score
Clayfighter":2unmww7u said:
It has happened to me multiple times, but I live in CA close to 9er territory so I expect it. I usually tell them that I can show them my faded Hass jersey.
Same here in oroville I get a acused of it all the time. Been a fan my whole life all 37 years of it so far.

Riley12

Reaction score
Hawknballs":13dqgkzz said:
I couldn't care less if they decided they were seahawk fans 30 years ago, or in the second quarter of the game. If you're gonna be loud for this team on game day, welcome to the wagon.

Well said!

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1roajjkt said:
I thought his name was MudBone.

Either way, I am a bandwagon fan too.

I joined the bandwagon back when I was a kid and I got to see guys like Michael Sinclair and Rufus Porter play.

Still, I would have no problem with someone joining the bandwagon now. If you love football, you probably also love hard hitting defenses. The Seahawks play football the way it was meant to be played (though so do the 49ers, which is why I respect them but I have a hard time hating them) , the defense is stellar. Everything about this team is exceptional at the very things that most people watch football for in the first place.

They earned the admirers.

I loved Rufus Porter. Before that a favorite of mine was Freddy Young.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I get all the "more fans the merrier" sentiment. If you want to be a fan, bring it.

It is annoying though, seeing people who used to mock my Seahawk passion in the dark days, walk around in a jersey on a random tuesday, posting seahawk for life sentiments on facebook and pretending as if they have invested as much sweat and tears into this team as I have, when just the opposite is actually true, you didnt give a flying you know what until most recently.

End rant :)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I haven't had any band wagon accusations, but 'Pete the Cheat' B.S. wears thin. Bush and his shady loans somehow makes Carroll somebody that doesn't play by the rules. Wonderful rationalizations. Just like how his going agaist convention for USC practices was stretched to mean 'a general atmosphere of non-compliance' by the NCAA. Good grief...does that seriously bring the haters any comfort?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I had it happen in South Carolina in March. From an old school Raiders fan. So I told him about the game Doornink ran the ball down the throat of the Raiders for 2 bills in the Wildcard game.

He remembered that too. :)

The Outfield

Reaction score
Anybody else try to see how quickly they could come up with 4 QB names? lol

Throwdown

Reaction score
I've been questioned by other Hawk fans, and when you drop the name Michael Sinclair in their face its pretty much game over.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Bandwagon excuse is so lame... whether you're fan of any team.

Its most stupidiest detractor any opposing fan can say and you hear it all the time, this was a couple of months ago on some sports website that use facebook messaging, I'll kind of paraphase what I can remember:

Them: "Where were you guys 2-3 years ago?"

Me: Its like uhh dude we've always been here, stadium's been full and bars packed on gameday at least the ones I go to, even in the losing seasons, maybe the reason you didn't care is because our team sucked and were stuck in "southern Alaska", we got zero National coverage until recently... so its not really us coming to the party late, its just that "you" finally got the invite to our house. Its called LOGIC, get some.

Them: "I bet you don't even know who Steve Largent"

Me: Which one? The WR that's in HoF or the Politician..? Haha... trick answer, moron... they're the same person... Asking a Seahawks fan who Steve Largent is that's the most stupidiest thing ever, bro. I really wish I could slap you in the face"

Them: "Look at all you Bandwagoners buying up jerseys the last few years?"

Me: Seriously? The Seahawks got new digs 3 years ago... Football just happens to coincide with X-Mas...Do the math, its not about winning "entirely" as it just consumerism economics. Psst... it also helps when your teams stabalizes and you have a quality foundation of names to choose from like a certain franchise QB that we just got 2 years ago!!

Them: "Okay. Okay. Chill."

Me: I'm chill just stop being a ignornant hater. Obviously every team does have fans that only care when the team is "winning", every f****n sport in the world as a minorities of those kind of fans. Thier fandom attention span is that of a gnat, they're cheerleaders and posers, they wear the colors and yell and scream when everyone else does. But the ones on the internet, hear and there, the ones that are giving voice to their fandom, the ones who come to the defense of their team from haters like you, they most likely aren't bandwagoners... the majority of bandwagon fans don't take the time out of their day to parade around the internet to chat up about the Seahawks in this case... its that logical. Lo and behold 75% - 99% of us here are probably just passionate Seahawk fans and have been so for awhile.

Them: - No Response -
I couldn't say the same for you 49ers fans though, to me it seems like half you guys on here, are punk ass teenagers to early twenty somethings trying to instigate ish over 'net. Beating your chests about 5 rings and acting like it has any prevalence over the one the Seahawks just got. I mean, metaphorically, its like having 5 cars manufactured 20-30 years ago just sitting in your garage, classics...practically undrivable collect dust... well the Seahawks just got their car this year, and they'll continue to supe it up and have a chance to win more cars before its time to go to the muesem... I mean garage. The race is just getting started. Oh it would so hilarious if your "Quest for Six" lasted for another 17 more years.

Them: Whaa Whaa Blah Blah Tantrum But This... But That...

Me: You guys make Jim Harbaugh proud and Aldon Smith look like a genius.
------------------------------------------

WHAT DID I LEARN? Its really pointless to argue (about any topic) with like 9 out 10 people over the internet. However, those rare 1 out of 10 are the greatest debates you'll ever have at times.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":rhhs7ssf said:
I am confident and very comfortable in my fandom. People accusing of bandwagon doesn't mean shit. I love who I love and that's all I need.

So are you admitting you're a bandwagoner?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Steve2222":1uu37vzi said:
Ziggyy108":1uu37vzi said:
I am confident and very comfortable in my fandom. People accusing of bandwagon doesn't mean shit. I love who I love and that's all I need.

So are you admitting you're a bandwagoner?

I think he is saying he isn't a bandwagoner but doesn't care if you accuse him of being one.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
It has happened a couple of times since the wife and I are full timing it in the RV. But they usually back off when I tell them that we lived near Seattle for 36 years and was an 8 year season ticket holder.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Anyone implying or saying you are a bandwaggoner is handing you a golden opportunity to get creative with real life trolling.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Scottemojo":guhaemnq said:
Anyone implying or saying you are a bandwaggoner is handing you a golden opportunity to get creative with real life trolling.

"Shut up man. I followed the team back when Jacob Nash, Joe Green, Steve Skansi, Paul Largent, Kenny Brown, and Dave Easley were in their prime."

v1rotv2

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2l4jbsin said:
Scottemojo":2l4jbsin said:

"Shut up man. I followed the team back when Jacob Nash, Joe Green, Steve Skansi, Paul Largent, Kenny Brown, and Dave Easley were in their prime."

And not to mention Dr. Dan Doornink. I still remember a game against the Raiders in the Kingdome and he was about the only back left. He just kept pounding that defense with the Knox ground game. The doctor was great.

nepahawk

Reaction score
v1rotv2":1pravdnr said:
bigtrain21":1pravdnr said:
Scottemojo":1pravdnr said:

And not to mention Dr. Dan Doornink. I still remember a game against the Raiders in the Kingdome and he was about the only back left. He just kept pounding that defense with the Knox ground game. The doctor was great.

I think you might have missed the joke. :thirishdrinkers:

warden

Reaction score
Throwdown":e7dwdy9u said:
I've been questioned by other Hawk fans, and when you drop the name Michael Sinclair in their face its pretty much game over.

Try dropping the name David Sims and you will get a big blank stare. Mr Sims and Mr Zorn where my first two favorite players. In 1978 Sims scored a league leading 15 TDs for the Seahawks

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I've had people accuse me. I just tell them "Yup, I jumped on the Rick Mirer bandwagon when I was a kid."

BASF

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":333axma7 said:
I had it happen in South Carolina in March. From an old school Raiders fan. So I told him about the game Doornink ran the ball down the throat of the Raiders for 2 bills in the Wildcard game.

He remembered that too. :)

This is a great way to approach the situation. Anytime a Niners fan asks me about the fandom I ask them if they remember Rocky Bernard ruining their season by taking out Alex Smith when we dominated them 23-3. It is very telling to see their reaction about their own fandom.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2413g245 said:
Scottemojo":2413g245 said:

I have said this before, I just play along. I pretend I just started watching football, not just the Hawks.
Statements guaranteed to troll:

I just really admire Pete Carroll. (gets a lecture about Pete the Cheat every time, and a mention of PEDs.)

I used to like the Packers, but Seattle's colors are prettier. Besides, I got tired of rooting for a team that can't beat the Niners.

If I get somebody who really believes I just started watching football, I try to get them to explain why their team aren't winners like my new team is. While they explain it, I innocently ask them why they don't just go get some good players like the Seahawks did. I don't know why, but doing that to people just makes my day.

My wife knows how I troll, and has learned to play along with it. Jokes about how the Seahawks better keep winning, because if they don't it will cost a bunch of money for me to buy all the jerseys for the next awesome team to come along. Sometimes we throw the wrong sport in, like if the San Francisco Giants win the Super bowl, that would be cool, I like their colors too. Or, if Seattle struggles, I can just go back to rooting for Tom Brady. It is especially funny here in the midwest where people take life a bit too serious.