Has the Seattle media ever called for the firing of Bevell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Lynch, Baldwin, Sherman and now it seems Graham too has issues with Bevell. It's time to crank up the media pressure to get him OUT.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Just curious now that the season is over if anyone has heard any media outlets calling for Bevell to be let go?

sondevil89

Reaction score
I know from perusing this site for some time that this discussion seems to go on ad infinitum. The problem is that there is no definitive way for either side to establish any objective validity to their argument.

The Seattle press doesn't get involved for the various reasons that have already been mentioned but mainly because the Seahawks have been to the playoffs five years in a row and have a ring. Without a ring it would probably be a different story but a ring will carry you for quite a few years. A losing season should bring out even the most timid among the press corp.

I enjoy the debate, albeit in a limited fashion, but a little more vitriol and perhaps some graphs and extrapolated stats would make it a little more interesting.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I was looking for this too after today.

Both 950 and 710 spent most of the day calling for Tom and Bevell to get fired.

sondevil89

Reaction score
sdog1981":huqxqcbn said:

Really? Is this true?

sdog1981

Reaction score
sondevil89":1xszdwry said:
sdog1981":1xszdwry said:

Really? Is this true?

Yup during the 1pm to 2pm hour both shows were calling for a change on the offensive side of the ball. Also, both morning shows.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":2kssuqif said:
sondevil89":2kssuqif said:
sdog1981":2kssuqif said:

Really? Is this true?

Yup during the 1pm to 2pm hour both shows were calling for a change on the offensive side of the ball. Also, both morning shows.

Very interesting. And all the Bevell supporters on this board thought it was just us that wanted him gone. Clearly, more and more disdain is growing for our offensive coaches to go and system to be modified.

sondevil89

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":9u4kimiq said:
sdog1981":9u4kimiq said:
sondevil89":9u4kimiq said:
sdog1981":9u4kimiq said:

Really? Is this true?

Very interesting. And all the Bevell supporters on this board thought it was just us that wanted him gone. Clearly, more and more disdain is growing for our offensive coaches to go and system to be modified.

A degree of vindication and it appears that the "banned-for-life" explanation isn't holding much weight today.

I am sure PC will make his own decisions free of outside influence, but as movements like this gain traction it won't escape the notice of ownership.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
sondevil89":3v857iaj said:
West TX Hawk":3v857iaj said:

A degree of vindication and it appears that the "banned-for-life" explanation isn't holding much weight today.

I am sure PC will make his own decisions free of outside influence, but as movements like this gain traction it won't escape the notice of ownership.

Ive seen articles where the media acknowledges that there is displeasure with Bevell and Cable. Here is a recent one for Cable. [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/1/16/14283690/former-tom-cable-player-gives-coach-endorsement-says-seahawks-o-line-will-be-much-better-next-year[/urltargetblank]

"Tom Cable is the source of much controversy, both as a coach and as a person. The Seattle Seahawks offensive line coach, as well as being the top assistant to Pete Carroll, is under heavy scrutiny for the fact that the offensive line was the worst unit on the team, but that hasn’t stopped the San Francisco 49ers from interviewing him for their head coaching vacancy. Many fans think that he is a bad coach because of the Seahawks offensive line and his days with the Oakland Raiders, but a former student of his — ex-NFL tackle Elliot Vallejo — did an AMA on Reddit this week and had positive things to say about his old coach:"

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
sdog1981":u4hep5wv said:

Nobody was even close to being serious, those jack*sses were for a few minutes jusr trying to fill time by using that angle.

You can tell if you listen again.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":qjzgwi3q said:
sdog1981":qjzgwi3q said:

Nobody was even close to being serious, those jack*sses were for a few minutes jusr trying to fill time by using that angle.

You can tell if you listen again.

So if they weren't being serious, they think its a joke Cable and Bevell should get fired? Guess I'll have to listen for myself.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I don't know if you people saw Pete's presser today, but a reporter from a radio station indicated that his listeners were calling for Bev to be fired. The reporter asked for his response.

Pete: "They don't know what they are talking about." There you have it.

In a nutshell, the game of football is just too overwhelming for some people to grasp. So they look for tidy scapegoats. This is exactly what has happened with the Bevell phenomenon.

And Pete sees right through it.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2cvukuwm said:
I don't know if you people saw Pete's presser today, but a reporter from a radio station indicated that his listeners were calling for Bev to be fired. The reporter asked for his response.

In a nutshell, the game of football is just too overwhelming for some people to grasp. So they look for tidy scapegoats. This is exactly what has happened with the Bevell phenomenon.

Yeah well I don't need to be a doctor to know if I cut myself that I should stop the bleeding.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3t7r6tjj said:
Siouxhawk":3t7r6tjj said:

Yeah well I don't need to be a doctor to know if I cut myself that I should stop the bleeding.
Your major flaw in that is trying to pin the bleeding on one person.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1tzxmyif said:

While there is some truth in what you say, there are many knowledgeable people echoing the thoughts that many here have expressed. Brock Huard said on his show today that the organization should be looking for help on offense and he did advocate that they seek out known offensive experts. He even mentioned Chip Kelly by name because he had so much experience working with dual-threat QB's.

I am not advocating one way or another here but you would have to admit that Brock is not someone who fits: "the game of football is just too overwhelming for some people to grasp" or is looking for "tidy scapegoats," or is even a "cry-baby" as another Bevell supporter here suggests.

I get that people here have conflicting viewpoints, but I don't think that implying that someone who disagrees with you is stupid, or a cry-baby, is going to do much to influence respect for your position.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
sondevil89":3igytg7z said:
Siouxhawk":3igytg7z said:

While there is some truth in what you say, there are many knowledgeable people echoing the thoughts that many here have expressed. Brock Huard said on his show today that the organization should be looking for help on offense and he did advocate that they seek out known offensive experts. He even mentioned Chip Kelly by name because he had so much experience working with dual-threat QB's.

I am not advocating one way or another here but you would have to admit that Brock is not someone who fits: "the game of football is just too overwhelming for some people to grasp" or is looking for "tidy scapegoats," or is even a "cry-baby" as another Bevell supporter here suggests.

I get that people here have conflicting viewpoints, but I don't think that implying that someone who disagrees with you is stupid, or a cry-baby, is going to much to influence respect for your position.
As to your last paragraph, check your facts. I never wrote stupid or crybaby.

And Chip Kelly is not a viable option with Pete as the coach and Brock knows this, if that is how he worded it.

I suppose if Cable were to get the Niners job, another offensive coach would step in.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":n02x54f4 said:
sondevil89":n02x54f4 said:
Siouxhawk":n02x54f4 said:

I get that people here have conflicting viewpoints, but I don't think that implying that someone who disagrees with you is stupid, or a cry-baby, is going to much to influence respect for your position.

And Chip Kelly is not a viable option with Pete as the coach and Brock knows this, if that is how he worded it.

I suppose if Cable were to get the Niners job, another offensive coach would step in.

I said implied that people were stupid as in: "In a nutshell, the game of football is just too overwhelming for some people to grasp." AND, I attributed the "cry-baby" remark to "another Bevell supporter."

As for Brock's remark it wasn't said within the context of Cable getting another job or whether Kelly was a good fit for PC. His implication was very clear, i.e., the Seahawks' offense needs help.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
sondevil89":3mmvwvgs said:
Siouxhawk":3mmvwvgs said:
sondevil89":3mmvwvgs said:
Siouxhawk":3mmvwvgs said:

I said implied that people were stupid as in: "In a nutshell, the game of football is just too overwhelming for some people to grasp." AND, I attributed the "cry-baby" remark to "another Bevell supporter."

As for Brock's remark it wasn't said within the context of Cable getting another job or whether Kelly was a good fit for PC. His implication was very clear, i.e., the Seahawks' offense needs help.
Pete's direct reply was that yes indeed, many armchair quarterbacks are overwhelmed in their analysis of the game and don't know what they are talking about. He does it for a living and is damn good at his job.

And I heard Henry Winkler might stop by VMAC and lend his expertise. He did wonders for Bobby Bouchée.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1elhwacm said:
Pete's direct reply was that yes indeed, many armchair quarterbacks are overwhelmed in their analysis of the game and don't know what they are talking about. He does it for a living and is damn good at his job.

And I heard Henry Winkler might stop by VMAC and lend his expertise. He did wonders for Bobby Bouchée.

You can try and spin it any way you want, you weren't referencing what Pete said, you were being critical of people that think Bevell is not doing a good job. Like I said, apparently there are many knowledgeable people whom agree with those people just as there are those who agree with you. Why can't you just admit that?

And while we're at it, why is it so important to you that you try and demean those who disagree with you at virtually every opportunity? It is pretty clear that you aren't trying to further your position but are simply seeking conflict.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm not a Automotive Engineer but when my car stops running and the Gasoline gauge says empty I may put some gas in the car and see if that fixes the situation, same can be said for this Offense, there area few fans here that have not watched a lot of football granted, but there are also a lot that played, coached and have studied aspects of the game or all the above.

So if that adding gas doesn't help with my experience I can change a carburetor out, a fuel filter and fuel lines as well. Or maybe a fuse and check to see if the battery is dead, really you know something is broken and you strive to find the solution, not look at it and say tomorrow it should start because it did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.