Has the Seattle media ever called for the firing of Bevell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
sondevil89":17ua4mv2 said:
Siouxhawk":17ua4mv2 said:
Pete's direct reply was that yes indeed, many armchair quarterbacks are overwhelmed in their analysis of the game and don't know what they are talking about. He does it for a living and is damn good at his job.

And I heard Henry Winkler might stop by VMAC and lend his expertise. He did wonders for Bobby Bouchée.

You can try and spin it any way you want, you weren't referencing what Pete said, you were being critical of people that think Bevell is not doing a good job. Like I said, apparently there are many knowledgeable people whom agree with those people just as there are those who agree with you. Why can't you just admit that?

And while we're at it, why is it so important to you that you try and demean those who disagree with you at virtually every opportunity? It is pretty clear that you aren't trying to further your position but are simply seeking conflict.
Do you not think Pete's reference was critical? It's about as blunt as you can get. It was a complete dismissal of that irrational kind of thinking -- and I applaud it.

And I've got an assignment for you. Go back through my posts and honestly tell me if I was the one seeking conflict initially. I think you'll find that I was reacting to a slur instead of initiating it. And I've had visits with the appropriate authorities about this. What do you think? Are you happy with this site?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2fawaron said:
RolandDeschain":2fawaron said:
Offensive DVOA for the Seahawks in 2011, Bevell's first year and the season before Wilson was drafted: -8.7%, ranked 22nd. The 2012 season? 18.5%; 4th.

Yeah, I'm sure Bevell's the reason for the improvement. :roll:

This is the problem with the Bevell haters on here. Everything is black and white.

It's impossible that Bevell, given a genuine talent at QB instead of T-Jack playing with a torn pec and Charlie Whitehurst, had a hand in putting a much better offensive product on the field in 2012. Wilson was a rookie and showed major strides during the 2012 season -- but let's give no credit to the OC.

The reality is, no Bevell wasn't the sole reason for the improvement. But the reality is also he probably contributed greatly towards it too.
English, please give me a number. How many more empty sets on 3rd down is it going to take for you to think Bevell's a bottom-tier OC? 73? 194? 7,000?

He doesn't LEARN. The same things that frustrated me about him in 2012 are the same things that frustrate me about him right now; that list is virtually identical.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1wjfgnzg said:
sondevil89":1wjfgnzg said:
Siouxhawk":1wjfgnzg said:
Pete's direct reply was that yes indeed, many armchair quarterbacks are overwhelmed in their analysis of the game and don't know what they are talking about. He does it for a living and is damn good at his job.

And I heard Henry Winkler might stop by VMAC and lend his expertise. He did wonders for Bobby Bouchée.

You can try and spin it any way you want, you weren't referencing what Pete said, you were being critical of people that think Bevell is not doing a good job. Like I said, apparently there are many knowledgeable people whom agree with those people just as there are those who agree with you. Why can't you just admit that?

And while we're at it, why is it so important to you that you try and demean those who disagree with you at virtually every opportunity? It is pretty clear that you aren't trying to further your position but are simply seeking conflict.
Do you not think Pete's reference was critical? It's about as blunt as you can get. It was a complete dismissal of that irrational kind of thinking -- and I applaud it.

And I've got an assignment for you. Go back through my posts and honestly tell me if I was the one seeking conflict initially. I think you'll find that I was reacting to a slur instead of initiating it. And I've had visits with the appropriate authorities about this. What do you think? Are you happy with this site?

LOL, it isn't enough to attack people who disagree w/you, now you are going to the lengths of trying to get them banned?

Has it occurred to you that you are taking this whole thing WAY too seriously?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
sondevil89":38741onn said:
Siouxhawk":38741onn said:
sondevil89":38741onn said:
Siouxhawk":38741onn said:

LOL, it isn't enough to attack people who disagree w/you, now you are going to the lengths of trying to get them banned?

Has it occurred to you that you are taking this whole thing WAY too seriously?
What the hell are you talking about? I never implied I was trying to get people banned. I have reported people as the mods have advised instead of getting into a skirmish and I think that was warranted.

Why are you just singling me out at this time? I don't mind, just want to know.

And Roland, where is English? I miss him.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
sondevil89":3vlt3lh9 said:
Siouxhawk":3vlt3lh9 said:

Wait. It just dawned on me. I think I know who you are, but in a whole new wardrobe.
Locker room tensions ... Pete losing the team ... Eureka.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1wvmqeqg said:
I don't know if you people saw Pete's presser today, but a reporter from a radio station indicated that his listeners were calling for Bev to be fired. The reporter asked for his response.

Pete: "They don't know what they are talking about." There you have it.

In a nutshell, the game of football is just too overwhelming for some people to grasp. So they look for tidy scapegoats. This is exactly what has happened with the Bevell phenomenon.

And Pete sees right through it.

Ok, let's start by saying Pete knows a ton more about football than me. With that said his comment of people not knowing what they're talking about is perplexing. This offense stinks. We have IMO a great QB, great WR, great TE and average to maybe above average RB. The line just absolutely sucks and the system being run sucks. You don't have to be a genius or a football guru to know this.

I think the bigger question is: is Pete more of a great football coach or more of a great motivator?

Joyodongo

Reaction score
seabowl":t34ut5xv said:
Siouxhawk":t34ut5xv said:
I don't know if you people saw Pete's presser today, but a reporter from a radio station indicated that his listeners were calling for Bev to be fired. The reporter asked for his response.

In a nutshell, the game of football is just too overwhelming for some people to grasp. So they look for tidy scapegoats. This is exactly what has happened with the Bevell phenomenon.

Ok, let's start by saying Pete knows a ton more about football than me. With that said his comment of people not knowing what they're talking about is perplexing. This offense stinks. We have IMO a great QB, great WR, great TE and average to maybe above average RB. The line just absolutely sucks and the system being run sucks. You don't have to be a genius or a football guru to know this.

I think the bigger question is: is Pete more of a great football coach or more of a great motivator?

IMO, clearly the latter ...

sondevil89

Reaction score
I don't pretend to know what's going on behind the scenes but one gets the impression that something clearly is. Someday someone is going to write a tell-all book and I am afraid the theme of the story will be what could have been, rather than what was.

As I tried to point out to another poster who seems to feel that people on this board who question the offensive strategy don't possess the intellect to "grasp" football, there seems to be some very knowledgeable football minds who feel exactly the same about the offensive deficiencies.

In fact, many in the national sport's media comment that the Seahawks' inability to assemble even a mediocre line is a monumental blunder given the nucleus of great players here.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":pltdotug said:
Siouxhawk":pltdotug said:

It wasn't perplexing to me. Pete knows this offense purrs again with a serviceable line and healthy quarterback and realizes those advocating a major change in staff are fans having a knee-jerk reaction to a fresh loss. But it's not the panacea and instead would set the team back. He knows this and thus that was his response.

And he is great coach, for the record. A Lombardi and multiple collegiate championship prove that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
We have two Bevell threads going. Locking this one. Let's keep discussion to other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts