Hate to say it but.... Costanza effect (do the opposite)

seabowl

Reaction score
I think we get smoked today. My guess is that contrary to what he said Pete will sit anyone with even the smallest injury to get well for next week. Even if he doesn't we will have enough guys out this week where we cannot matchup against them. I don't think it matters to the brain trust whether we are 5 or 6.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'd like to think our backups are better than their backups...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Arians may do the same.

And the Hawks don't get smoked.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
The Arizona playoff picture is no more set in stone as it is for Seattle. Both teams have reasons to win this game and develop the best possible situation for the playoffs. There is no reason for either team to sit anyone out unless there really is a injury concern. I expect a hard fought game.

pugs1

Reaction score
On NFL Insiders Mort said someone told him that Arians is a bully and he is going to run it up on Seattle if he get the chance. He wants them to remember it moving forward.

sutz

Reaction score
If you really hated to say it, you wouldn't have.

:229031_shrug:

Landhawk1

Reaction score
pugs1":vgcfql7v said:
On NFL Insiders Mort said someone told him that Arians is a bully and he is going to run it up on Seattle if he get the chance. He wants them to remember it moving forward.

Arians is a douche.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
pugs1":1q6g0us0 said:

I hope he does. If we let the Cardinals thump us I hope it's 50-0. Something to motivate this team!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
don't see how a 50 to nothing loss is motivation for what would be a 9-7 team that has seemed to have issues with motivation most of the year

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Cyrus12":qodsgm2d said:
don't see how a 50 to nothing loss is motivation for what would be a 9-7 team that has seemed to have issues with motivation most of the year

This team lived off of "disrespect" since Pete got here. If they allow the Cardinals to "disrespect" them by blowing them out 50-0 in a game that has no bearing on whether or not we make the playoffs then yes, it better motivate them!

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Injuries are always part of every season, but in the NFL this year it seems like injuries have played a bigger part.

Moreso than other seasons it seems like this year is a competition to see who can suffer the fewest significant personnel losses.

I hate to "give" a game to the other team, but considering all the injuries we've suffered i would hate to lose another player even more.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1nyd1y3p said:
Way to show some sack!

I think taking off the rose-tinted glasses instead of toeing the company line is showing a little sack. If you had to bet the farm right now, would you really put all your money on a Seahawks team that just got beat up by the Rams in their own house against the potential No. 1 seed? The smart money is on red.

That said, today is a good opportunity to put the NFC on notice and hit the division champs in the mouth going into the playoffs. Who knows which team will show up.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":2uewb0iu said:
Grahamhawker":2uewb0iu said:
Way to show some sack!

I think taking off the rose-tinted glasses instead of toeing the company line is showing a little sack. If you had to bet the farm right now, would you really put all your money on a Seahawks team that just got beat up by the Rams in their own house against the potential No. 1 seed? The smart money is on red.

That said, today is a good opportunity to put the NFC on notice and hit the division champs in the mouth going into the playoffs. Who knows which team will show up.

Would I bet the farm? No, but can't exactly see us getting "smoked" either. I expect at least a competitive game. Hawks can play with any team. And I think they're showing it.

The glasses are lime-green, btw.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
seabowl":u9q9le70 said:
I think we get smoked today. My guess is that contrary to what he said Pete will sit anyone with even the smallest injury to get well for next week. Even if he doesn't we will have enough guys out this week where we cannot matchup against them. I don't think it matters to the brain trust whether we are 5 or 6.

Must suck to not have confidence in your favorite team.

Maulbert

Reaction score
seabowl":33ius5u3 said:

Thank god your premonition sucks.