Hawks Called Timeout to Prevent Wilson......

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Soulfish,

Did you watch Wilson's press conference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fENnYu4_l1A

That was the most checked out and deflated I have ever seen him.

It was worse than after the 1st Atlanta loss (where he predicted he could go to the SB)

In some ways it seems worse than the SB loss because at least then, as dejected as he was, he projected a belief this team could be better and would be better.

NONE of his trademark optimism is there.

If there was ever an indicator that Wilson no longer believes in this staff that has to be our 1st example. (2nd if you count the exchange with the timeout).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Haven't seen it yet, but I'm not surprised. He's had two pick 6's in his entire career. Likely thinks he's to blame for the loss.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The moment I saw our rookie RB out like a WR, I knew the ball was going to him.

And I knew they would jump the route because nobody would believe the RB was going long.

So if Wilson thinks it is his fault, we all knew that play was coming the moment we saw our RB at the bottom of the screen and no other RB in the backfield.

That was not Wilson's fault at all. That play call was moronic.

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3mpno28b said:
Haven't seen it yet, but I'm not surprised. He's had two pick 6's in his entire career. Likely thinks he's to blame for the loss.

It's probably the first time he's really felt despair in aggregate. He knows he needs to do much much better but is gripping in doing it. I've had more than my fair share of those moments in the games I play. The pressure you put on yourself when you believe you can achieve so much good and fail to do so - you know that it's within reach and yet losing confidence in yourself simultaneous with there being no leeway in your game...it just spirals for a while.

And RW doesn't have the option of walking away for a week, clearing his head, and getting some fire in his belly to get back to enjoying being out there. He's already locked in for the next few months and doesn't have a lot to look forward to. Tabula Rasa is nice to keep in mind but it's hard to hold up when you just keep borking it in bad and elementary ways.

mistaowen

Reaction score
If the offensive staff doesn't have trust in the SB winning 7th year QB to audible and check while in a rhythm, there is a major issue. I really, really wish they went with a guy at OC who a) is innovative b) tailors the offense to the roster c) implements unique schemes that keep the defense off balance and d) attacks instead of lets them dictate. This whole 'feel them out' nonsense has overstayed its welcome for about 4 years now. I didn't like Bevell but this offense is a step down from what we watched last year and he at least let Russell take over when he felt he had to. So god damn vanilla, limiting reads to simplify Russell 'staying in the pocket'. I might throw up the next time the defense gets a takeaway and on first down they dial up the only play they know, a long developing play action pass that results in a sack or throwaway.

That was also the most negative emotion I've seen Russ show before, even as mild as it might be for another fiery player. He looked almost depressed in his post game as well. Going with another yes man who has struggled to succeed every where he went and just rolls with the same, broken, exploited offensive style is defeating.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The really frustrating thing is that he checked into an offensive play that got the first down.

They are upset that he called something different that worked?

The people that got us 80 total yards in the 1st 3 quarters?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Looks like Penny is out of position or didnt know the play both times. Christine Michael used to do that often also. Pissed off Pete and Russ then and it looks to me like its pissing off Russ now!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Is that the story they are spinning now?

To go with the 'Carson is too tired after playing Special Teams twice' line?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
mistaowen":3ij9nldm said:
If the offensive staff doesn't have trust in the SB winning 7th year QB to audible and check while in a rhythm, there is a major issue. I really, really wish they went with a guy at OC who a) is innovative b) tailors the offense to the roster c) implements unique schemes that keep the defense off balance and d) attacks instead of lets them dictate. This whole 'feel them out' nonsense has overstayed its welcome for about 4 years now. I didn't like Bevell but this offense is a step down from what we watched last year and he at least let Russell take over when he felt he had to. So god damn vanilla, limiting reads to simplify Russell 'staying in the pocket'. I might throw up the next time the defense gets a takeaway and on first down they dial up the only play they know, a long developing play action pass that results in a sack or throwaway.

That was also the most negative emotion I've seen Russ show before, even as mild as it might be for another fiery player. He looked almost depressed in his post game as well. Going with another yes man who has struggled to succeed every where he went and just rolls with the same, broken, exploited offensive style is defeating.
We're never going to get that guy under Pete. Pete is running the show, Pete is calling all of the shots. Schottenheimer, and Bevell are just yes men. Pete's ego is screwing over the team.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
It’s sad really. But this just shows a conflict in egos. When your coaches have an ego, it’s hard for them to acknowledge when their game plan has been defeated. They blame the players instead. But when those players are executing beyond your play-calling it’s time to just own it and let your players do what they do

Tical21

Reaction score
How does something so blatantly incorrect get so much traction? Come on guys. Russ was pissed because they called the timeout and he didn't think they needed to. And ffs don't ever click or link anything that fraud Ben Baldwin references. Dude doesn't know a thing about football.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Watch the RW & PC press conferences, there is some friction going on with the offense. Schot is trying to install his system with the trust the pocket, trust the system mantra and has abandoned the run game. RW goes audible or checkdown not liking the play call, personnel package, defensive front, whatever and he gets in trouble for it. Say what you want about Bevell but at least he didn't second guess Russ and hard coach him in a nationally televised game. Might be something to the Carr syndrome thing, Russ keeps saying you've got to be a warrior and you can't have fear. Every time he goes to the huddle Idefi is still his RT, the run game hasn't been established, his opinion and play are second guessed and Miller or Mack are off the chain. It's a lot, especially when you factor in possible past concussions and any team stress that may have resonated from our previous star laden defense regarding the offense. What percentage of big plays happen when Russell adlibs or leaves the pocket?, well let's take that away along with his instinct, tune & feel for the game on a play by play basis. This isn't pretty.

The wheels have fallen off the wagon. There is no shortage of players & coaches to put the wheels back on but in doing so they find one of the axles is broken. They also find the wagons handle and one of the sideboards need fixing. Time to repair and paint the wagon until they get a new axle.

This is our 2nd preseason, a time to look at what they have with the young guys, get through the injuries and continue to install the offense. Growing pains, hopefully we find our stride before week 6 or we'll see RW3 injured or Carred out and Hundley behind center.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1042082643901378561[/tweet]

Near the end there it almost looks like Russell mouthing, "I had them. I had them." Like if he could just call hike right there he would've exposed the Bears and gotten a good gain, but Pete/Schotty called a Time Out and broke up the rhythm.

kf3339

Reaction score
mistaowen":3fvabtll said:

^ This.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
mistaowen":1m66zb7a said:

At that point in the 4th Quarter, what's there to even "feel out" anymore? The game is not only well underway but almost over. Pretty sure you got the feeling in Quarter 1. Let the damn PROFESSIONAL QB do his damn job and win the game. Quit sabotaging him because he doesn't follow your stupid, simple play to the letter.

Jville

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":keaj4eil said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1042082643901378561[/tweet]

Near the end there it almost looks like Russell mouthing, "I had them. I had them." Like if he could just call hike right there he would've exposed the Bears and gotten a good gain, but Pete/Schotty called a Time Out and broke up the rhythm.

For what it is worth ........ the explanation given was .......

Sideline calls timeout because of misalignment issue.

"I could have fixed it. I could have fixed it" response attributed to Russell

plus other descriptions ..... starts at 16 minutes in >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/521609/pete-carroll-recaps-seahawks-24-17-loss-to-bears/[/urltargetblank]

StoneCold

Reaction score
austinslater25":2huzbn67 said:
He was obviously mad that they called the timeout because he says I had this or something similar twice before dropping the F word so you know he was pissed. Schott is an extension of Pete which is why he was hired and they both want an outdated offensive game plan that isn't ideal for our personnel or just about anyones personnel to be honest.

The team is not on the same page and it shows.

rcaido

Reaction score
Penny did not look prepared at all with the hurry up offense...He kept asking Russ where to be at and seem frustrated with him...Good chance Penny wont play much against the Cowboys until he learns the plays.

I also got a feeling Carson is in the doghouse...Maybe he said something that pissed off Pete.

253hawk

Reaction score
mikeak":10oapj3h said:
I did not notice it and cannot tak about what preceded the play.

However the play itself was on the Qb. That is a timing route to be thrown PRIOR TO THE RECEIVER TURNING AROUND.

Didn't help that the ref cut him off trying to chase the DB down. I know he's part of the field, but GTFO the way!