Hawks Called Timeout to Prevent Wilson......

AgentDib

Reaction score
Jville":z1b5pe9p said:
For what it is worth ........ the explanation given was ....... Sideline calls timeout because of misalignment issue. "I could have fixed it. I could have fixed it" response attributed to Russell
Yep, Russell was understandably frustrated at spending a valuable timeout due to offensive mistakes. That won't stop people from seeing what they want to see.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Russ was pissed because it was a wasted time out. This is just more manufactured drama for the sheep

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm still annoyed that they went to an empty backfield, obvious pass play, after driving the ball up the field with a good run/pass mix.

Why go 1-dimensional on 2nd down with so much time left? They could have run, or playaction passed, or just a regular pass... Anything but broadcasting an upcoming pass with the stupid empty set.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Clearly Pete messed up by calling time out, however it was a bad throw by Russ. Never should have thrown it.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Clearly we need a time out before we discuss this as we are obviously not aligned correctly.

cheese22

Reaction score
I wondered if Penny was the first option on that play. Why would you split a RB out wide against their #1 CB and throw to him as the first option? Stupid. But then, the play calling for the first 3 quarters was pretty miserable. Kind of reminiscent of when Bevell was here, which makes me think it's more about Pete controlling everything.

cheese22

Reaction score
Also, when your offense hasn't scored a TD on their opening drive in 2 full years, that's just shitty game planning. Pete wants conservative play calling and counting on the defense to make the big plays but that's not what this teams strength is. Could be a long year if someone doesn't swallow their pride and give up a little control.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Didn't know what he was PO'd about, I assumed it was calling a TO for no good reason. I could definitely lip-read an F-bomb coming out of RWs mouth! Turned to the guy watching the game with me (a bears fan, unfortunately) and we both had a good laugh at the thought of Robot RW saying anything like that.

Fade

Reaction score
Crizilla":m6a1cl7m said:
Clearly Pete messed up by calling time out, however it was a bad throw by Russ. Never should have thrown it.

I thought Russ was staring him down on purpose to bate the CB. Pump and go over the top, boy was I wrong.

Bad on the QB, but also bad on the OC.

Look at Prince Amukamara's response to the tweet. He knew it was coming.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PrinceAmukamara/status/1042131903468511232[/tweet]

OpHawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":1qgo6s6g said:
Jville":1qgo6s6g said:
For what it is worth ........ the explanation given was ....... Sideline calls timeout because of misalignment issue. "I could have fixed it. I could have fixed it" response attributed to Russell
Yep, Russell was understandably frustrated at spending a valuable timeout due to offensive mistakes. That won't stop people from seeing what they want to see.

Which is exactly what you are doing

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
....from calling an audible? Apparently there is video evidence showing that this happened right before the pick six. If this is true then it is a MASSIVE indictment of Brian Schottenheimer as an OC in my opinion. Russell has successfully checked into and out of plays on a somewhat consistent basis for 3-4 years now. If he sees something at the line that makes him feel an audible then we should ABSOLUTELY TRUST HIM TO DO THAT.

I love Pete Carroll and will always be thankful for what he has done for this organization, city, fanbase etc. But I'd be lying if I said the last 12 months haven't made me seriously question if going in another direction at head coach is the right move next year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
OpHawk":17z2mig9 said:
Which is exactly what you are doing
On the contrary, I haven't felt the team was going anywhere good for the last two seasons and I'd welcome some real drama that at least partially explained the dysfunction. This here just happens to be manufactured nonsense which was plausible up until the explanation fit the evidence better.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1042208385070850049[/tweet]

But thank you, Ben Baldwin, for stirring up unnecessary conjecture and helping determine what fans will think for the rest of the season.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Alternatively, the timeout was in fact called because Schotty was pissed about Wilson audibling out of his plays, but they then mutually agreed to play down the confrontation and come up with the boring excuse we're hearing in order to pacify the media and fans

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
From winning! Also, if this corner knows what the play is when hes only seen one game of footage this is very telling of our new OC.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2edxspw3 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1042208385070850049[/tweet]

But thank you, Ben Baldwin, for stirring up unnecessary conjecture and helping determine what fans will think for the rest of the season.

If Pete called time out because they were upset about a 2nd audible, does anybody in their right mind think Pete would tell the truth, or make up more BS?

Pete said there were alignment problems and time running out which is more BS. There were 10 seconds left at the time, plenty of time for Russ to get it straight!! Look for yourself people, you can see it right in that clip!

More Pete lies. :pukeface:

edit:
I uploaded the proof. They are looking to the sideline because Pete just took time out with 10 seconds left. Carroll said they were running out of time....Bull Shit!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mrt144":1e575m4w said:
But given the circumstances, nobody will be able to help Wilson but himself.

NOBODY can do it ALL BY THEMSELVES.
Wilson might have to "Check Out" (BAIL) on 80% of plays that are poorly thought out.
I think everybody knows what Tom Brady would do with Coaching, or Coaches that run counter to his mindset.