Hawks opener predictions......new link added

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1m9xg5p2 said:
Seahawkfan80":1m9xg5p2 said:
Upon further review....I would think either Chicago or Cleveland for the opener. Probably in our house.

Not a chance. The NFL does not schedule home games that conflict with MLB games. Hell the Ravens had to play their opening kickoff game on the road because of this.

We will be on the road.. and it's very likely in Green Bay.. with Dallas and Baltimore as the other possibilities.

Why do you think the league has to showcase us? We lost the superbowl....so were not guaranteed a primetime show case game. It very well could be @ STL or Cleveland.....

LolaRox

Reaction score
I have been thinking, since the end of last season, that the Hawks would open in GB.

But...

Part of me thinks the NFL might hold that game until the end of the season when the weather could have an impact and for the potential drama of possible playoff seeding. That way they could have the Cowboys open in GB for the rematch of Dez's non-catch catch. Or they could flip flop those games and get the same situation.

Also possible, they could open in Dallas, but that may be better for Thanksgiving. I hope not, I want to attend that game and the only day I can't is Thanksgiving. Also I liked having division games on the Thanksgiving like last year.

Another option, the Hawks could open @AZ ... meh

If I had to bet a $1, I would bet GB

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Assuming we will be on the road for week 1 of the regular season....

And assuming that Green Bay and Dallas have potential as marquee NFC match-ups later in the year (NFC West may not be perceived as strong as years past), and also assuming that a in division match-up wont happen.

My guess is Cincinnati on the road. Only because it seems unlikely

rideaducati

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2z72es25 said:
Good lord people!

I know the narrative is the nfl and goodell hates seattle. And im on board with some of that. Last years lack of ho9me prime time games being the proof.

But really.... They also want Seattle to play in GB when its colder, AND In Dallas WHEN hardys off suspension, and a road TNF game, And 10am, but only later in the season.

Some of you willing to admit your going a bit too far with all of this? Scheduling 32 teams is hard enough without 15 Seattle rules. Pick one or two and run with those you sound less crazy.

It's so amusing when people actually believe I'm being serious with this stuff.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":15k7cvy1 said:
Seahawkfan80":15k7cvy1 said:
Upon further review....I would think either Chicago or Cleveland for the opener. Probably in our house.

Not a chance. The NFL does not schedule home games that conflict with MLB games. Hell the Ravens had to play their opening kickoff game on the road because of this.

We will be on the road.. and it's very likely in Green Bay.. with Dallas and Baltimore as the other possibilities.

The reason I said this is because there was a little series of games going on during our visit to St Louis during the season last year.......Dunno what all the hoopla was about as I dont really keep up with that stuff. But oh well. My classmates are thinking a Mariners game for our reunion or some other sort of thing. I am not sure. hmph.

Thought I would clarify why my opinion was that direction. Go..um uh...Hawks.

Rob12

Reaction score
rideaducati":4bufr9gu said:
The schedule makers won't have the Seahawks playing in Green Bay until the average temperature is really close to zero degrees. They'll want the Packers to have a bunch of wins under their belt and all the confidence in the World before their hopes get crushed by the Seahawks.

I don't think it will be Dallas for the opener either because the NFL will want a big match up later on and there is already enough hype going in to the season.

I also don't think it will be an early game because the Seahawks would have plenty of time to prepare for it being an early road game and the NFL wants to make it more difficult for the Seahawks, so they'll save the early road games for when the Seahawks only have one week to prepare.

With all that being said, the NFL will still want a tough opponent for the Seahawks, so I think they'll open in Arizona.

Do we really believe conspiracy theories and that the NFL hates the Seahawks? We opened at home against the Pack last year... Did they hate us then, too?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
gowazzu02":wyps7u6s said:
Good lord people!

I know the narrative is the nfl and goodell hates seattle. And im on board with some of that. Last years lack of ho9me prime time games being the proof.

But really.... They also want Seattle to play in GB when its colder, AND In Dallas WHEN hardys off suspension, and a road TNF game, And 10am, but only later in the season.

Some of you willing to admit your going a bit too far with all of this? Scheduling 32 teams is hard enough without 15 Seattle rules. Pick one or two and run with those you sound less crazy.
Wellllllllllllllllllllll, the Hawks HAVE traveled 3 years in a row for their Thursday night game.....Jus sayin'.

Marker my words, this year will be the 4th in a row. And don't be surprised if most of those other predictions come true too. Rog don't like us man. Remember, this is the league that flat out admitted they weren't giving Seattle home games in prime time cuz the games weren't competitive enough.

soxhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":66qj7rpj said:
gowazzu02":66qj7rpj said:
Good lord people!

It's so amusing when people actually believe I'm being serious with this stuff.

Might want to include :sarcasm_on: since we're typing on a message board and all...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2iltlmvv said:
Hasselbeck":2iltlmvv said:
Seahawkfan80":2iltlmvv said:

Why do you think the league has to showcase us? We lost the superbowl....so were not guaranteed a primetime show case game. It very well could be @ STL or Cleveland.....

The Super Bowl runner-ups almost always get a prime time game in Week 1. Either in the 4:25 PM ET slot or SNF/MNF

And if you think the Seahawks aren't marketable .. You're out of your mind.

PS - It won't be Cleveland as that's a home game.

drdiags

Reaction score
How about the Steelers on SNF or MNF?

Gets this game out of the way early for the Steelers and can help the schedule makers balance out the East to West coast travel burden by getting some of the trips out of the way early for the Steelers?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2qzyfxfw said:
Hasselbeck":2qzyfxfw said:
Seahawkfan80":2qzyfxfw said:

The reason I said this is because there was a little series of games going on during our visit to St Louis during the season last year.......Dunno what all the hoopla was about as I dont really keep up with that stuff. But oh well. My classmates are thinking a Mariners game for our reunion or some other sort of thing. I am not sure. hmph.

Thought I would clarify why my opinion was that direction. Go..um uh...Hawks.

The Cardinals (baseball) season was over when we played the Rams last year. If you're thinking of the year before.. the only reason there was a Cardinals game going on at the same time as the MNF game was because they were in the World Series that year. That's obviously something the league cannot project with their schedule.

I guarantee you.. the first game will not be at home. Week 2 .. the Mariners are on the road. So thats very likely to be the home opener.

Also - the Orioles, Giants, Reds and Diamondbacks play at home opening weekend. So rule out the Ravens, Vikings, Cardinals and 49ers. That leaves the following opponents:

St. Louis
Green Bay
Minnesota
Dallas

Maybe the league puts us in Minnesota or St. Louis.. but I really doubt it. All signs point to the Packers and Cowboys. Thats a game that will draw big ratings.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
drdiags":cwcirw8o said:

Gets this game out of the way early for the Steelers and can help the schedule makers balance out the East to West coast travel burden by getting some of the trips out of the way early for the Steelers?

Well.. first of all.. it's pretty likely the Steelers will face New England to open the year.

Then, again, the Mariners are at home Sunday afternoon and the following Monday night. The Seahawks have never opened the year at home when the Mariners are in town.

drdiags

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3qlzp4rs said:
drdiags":3qlzp4rs said:

Well.. first of all.. it's pretty likely the Steelers will face New England to open the year.

Then, again, the Mariners are at home Sunday afternoon and the following Monday night. The Seahawks have never opened the year at home when the Mariners are in town.

Well the OP did say to predict and I wanted to go outside the box. So there. Ha!

cacksman

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":iegdtqb3 said:
gowazzu02":iegdtqb3 said:
Hasselbeck":iegdtqb3 said:
Seahawkfan80":iegdtqb3 said:

The Super Bowl runner-ups almost always get a prime time game in Week 1. Either in the 4:25 PM ET slot or SNF/MNF

And if you think the Seahawks aren't marketable .. You're out of your mind.

PS - It won't be Cleveland as that's a home game.

Proof?

Week 1 is going to have hype enough. They don't need to showcase one of the premier match-ups unless they have to (TNF for the defending champs). No one said the Seahawks aren't marketable. The exact opposite, in fact. That's the point!

The NFL doesn't need to help marketing for week 1.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ngmt2oa said:
Sports Hernia":3ngmt2oa said:
onanygivensunday":3ngmt2oa said:
I'm going to go with @Dallas... Sunday night... prime time.
I would lean that way if Hardy wasn't going to get suspended. I don't think Seattle plays the cryboys until the Hardy suspension is over. Think of the way the schedule was last year and how Seattle didn't play SF until Alldumb Smith was back.

lol. Greg Hardy isn't a marketable face of the league. The 49er thing was more to get them on Thanksgiving than anything else.
My point has nothing to do with Hardy himself being marketable, but the cryboys chance to win vs Seattle. He plays the better Dallas' chance at winning. Rog wants Dallas in the playoffs every year, a loss to Seattle hurts those chances.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sea at Min, MNF. I think they'll save the SEA/GB game for later since that was the opener last year.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":32wgihuw said:
gowazzu02":32wgihuw said:
Good lord people!

Wellllllllllllllllllllll, the Hawks HAVE traveled 3 years in a row for their Thursday night game.....Jus sayin'.

Marker my words, this year will be the 4th in a row. And don't be surprised if most of those other predictions come true too. Rog don't like us man. Remember, this is the league that flat out admitted they weren't giving Seattle home games in prime time cuz the games weren't competitive enough.

I don't think it has anything to do with like or hate. The NFL wants parity and right now the Seahawks are a threat every year to blast a hole in that. They didn't give us prime time home games last year because they were not competitive. We have not only played on TNF away three years but against premier opponents that should not require that type of advantage. Every year we have 5 away east coast 10:00am starts, How many games last year did you scratch your head because it seemed like an obvious prime time match up? Denver ring a bell?

Consider if you were on the scheduling committee and your top priority was parity. You would likely recognize teams that threaten that and adjust the schedule to increase the difficulty.

Last year the Niners were in bad shape to start the year. They were also our biggest rival. The league benefited from our two teams remaining competitive. Not only did our games get pushed out to a point that accommodated the Niners getting healthy and players back but they also had again, play them on TNF at their house.

To me this seems obvious but the truth is it might just be back firing on the league. The saying Steel sharpens steel is applicable in this case. Those tough schedules have also contributed to keeping this team sharp as well as contributing to the belief of what Pete preaches that you cannot win in the first quarter. We have had many slow starts and miraculous come from behind wins that last few years. I don't expect that to change as well as I don't expect us to get 2 10:00am starts like the 9ers have multiple times recently.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Rob12":1n5nbefo said:
rideaducati":1n5nbefo said:
The schedule makers won't have the Seahawks playing in Green Bay until the average temperature is really close to zero degrees. They'll want the Packers to have a bunch of wins under their belt and all the confidence in the World before their hopes get crushed by the Seahawks.

I don't think it will be Dallas for the opener either because the NFL will want a big match up later on and there is already enough hype going in to the season.

I also don't think it will be an early game because the Seahawks would have plenty of time to prepare for it being an early road game and the NFL wants to make it more difficult for the Seahawks, so they'll save the early road games for when the Seahawks only have one week to prepare.

With all that being said, the NFL will still want a tough opponent for the Seahawks, so I think they'll open in Arizona.

Do we really believe conspiracy theories and that the NFL hates the Seahawks? We opened at home against the Pack last year... Did they hate us then, too?

It was the first game of the NFL season so they needed a premier matchup to showcase the sport. The first game of the season is always a good matchup on paper.

I'm sure New England will have a tough opponent to open the Season this year too...well, maybe not because the only home games the Pats have against decent opponents are the Stealers and the Eagles, all their other home games are cupcakes. I'm guessing the Pats open at home against either the Stealers or the Eagles because the Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Jags, Titans, and Redskins just aren't good.

I don't "really" believe in conspiracy theories against the Seahawks, but when the schedule maker comes out and says that the Seahawks don't get prime time home games because the networks don't like that the Seahawks win by blowout the majority of the time, it kind of makes you think that there MAY be some bias against them.

I was having fun with all the conspiracy theorists and I came to my conclusion based on how I believe the conspiracy theorists would be thinking. I had fun with it, and if I'm right, the conspiracy theorists will just have another reason to believe in their conspiracy theories and they will be well on their way to proving their case, just ask them.