Hawks start signing players to PS

iigakusei

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question - but don't they usually have a QB on the practice squad?

Jville

Reaction score
^^^ No not typically. Although, In the past, they did carry a QB that they were looking to convert to another position. Trevone Boykin "is" their major development project. And, Tarvaris Jackson presumably remains available. There is typically a game day plan C disaster option on the roster.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Jville":123fynyv said:
^^^ No not typically. Although, In the past, they did carry a QB that they were looking to convert to another position. Trevone Boykin "is" their major development project. And, Tarvaris Jackson presumably remains available. There is typically a game day plan C disaster option on the roster.
No idea who the Plan C active-on-game-day guy is, but I think Tanner McEvoy was recruited to Wisconsin as a QB, and even opened a season as their #1 before a hand injury, after which someone else took over and he moved to safety.

McGruff

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":32v7d87c said:
Jville":32v7d87c said:
No idea who the Plan C active-on-game-day guy is, but I think Tanner McEvoy was recruited to Wisconsin as a QB, and even opened a season as their #1 before a hand injury, after which someone else took over and he moved to safety.

In the past it has been Kam Chancellor, who as a high schooler was the 27th ranked QB prospect in the country.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
At one point they did carry BJ Daniels on PS. I think he got poached off the PS last year or the year before, if I'm not mistaken.

Jville

Reaction score
hawkfan68":7gwo2wqx said:
At one point they did carry BJ Daniels on PS. I think he got poached off the PS last year or the year before, if I'm not mistaken.

True ..... they were carrying BJ Daniels as a wide receiver conversion project.

hburn21

Reaction score
Just judging by tanner mcevoy and the 4 receivers we have on the practice squad looks like that quest to find a big target is back on