POLL: Way Too Early Draft Grade

What would you give the Seahawks for a draft grade?

• A+

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • A-

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • B+

Votes: 50 44.2%
  • B-

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • C+

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • C-

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • D+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D-

• F

• Total voters

Wsumatt1982

Reaction score
B+

We got by far the best DT in the draft. Something we have needed for a long time and he should be good for a long time. We got 2 very good OG prospects that are just nasty. A couple project players including a ILB that Mike is extremely high on. I can’t give any type of A for a bunch of players who have even been to a practice but I’m excited. We needed trenches. We got that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well the later round guys it depends on how they use them and where they are used. Not knowing his ideal player type for what he expects makes it difficult to predict every pick. Could see some of these CB's moved to a high safety position for looks. Speed kills and Safeties with CB speed is an asset for taking away the deep passing game.

Jac

Reaction score
No but we could've traded into the fifth again, or like I said, those two or one would've been in the 6th Round. There was a lot of crazy talent left in the 4th.
We have no idea if these players would have been available in the fifth or sixth. This is all a product of this ridiculous cottage industry that's popped up on YouTube of pretend "scouts" that put together their own big boards after "watching film". Most of them haven't played a down of football. But hell hath no fury like a YouTube scout that has one of their players taken a round earlier than they projected.

NJlargent

Reaction score
I voted A-. This is not because I think we drafted studs but rather because for once we didn't seem to reach or get cute, instead we stayed focus on needs. I think some of these players will just take up space but it is encouraging that our needs were identified and we are seeking to address them.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
B-. Murphy and Haynes carried this draft. Great picks and great values. The rest were pretty unimpressive, primarily the two 4th Rounders (Barnes and Pritchett), as they no doubt would've been in late Round 5 and 6.
There were 7 round Mock Drafts from reputable sources (PFF, Sporting News) that had them going higher than that.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Byron Murphy- A+
Christian Haynes- A+
Tyrice Knight- C
AJ Barner- B
Nehemiah Pritchett- B
Sataoa Laumea- B+
DJ James- A
Mike Jerrell- C

The Knight pick was the only legitimate reach. He likely could've been had a round or two later.

They got pretty good value however later on in the 6th Round. DJ James was being mocked in the 3rd.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
Knight was the only real head scratcher for me. And I thought we'd pick up an edge at some point.

A- though. We should have two new starters from this lot and maybe have something in shed besides Stone Forsythe and Curtis McClendon in case of injury...

Oly

Reaction score
I wanted to go B, but it wasn't an option so I went B-. A+++++ for the first two picks, but I don't love the LB pick (I think that S was a bigger need and there were better players there) or getting two CBs and a blocking TE on Day 3 when a LG or C would have filled needs. I get the BPA strategy and so sometimes you'll end up with 2 CBs instead of filling holes, but it's just hard for me to see how any of the Day 3 picks were BPA.

This isn't to say I hated Day 3. I just thought it was...okay. And, being real, few Day 3 guys are likely to be long-term starters anyway so it's probably better to gamble with those picks than try to play it safe.