Hawks terminate Baldwin and Chancellor contracts...

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
truehawksfan":2to4630z said:
Holy crap!!! We knew this could happen, but still...

We got talent but not a lot experience....think JS will sign a vet WR? Gotta think so!

As long as it's not Kearse

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":26vjqnpb said:
SoulfishHawk":26vjqnpb said:
Feels like the team is doing the right thing here, and w/respect to a couple flat out Hawks Legends. Really sad, but not a surprise. Sounds like w/him being able to keep signing bonus etc. they are doing him a favor. I suspect many people will somehow turn this in to some front office bash job, even though this was inevitable.

Yep. NFL twitter is full of morons talking about how the Hawks did both players "dirty"

Well they did name their business after a twit, so there is that. :roll:

MrThortan

Reaction score
Wasn't expecting Baldwin to be cut so early and had hoped he could overcome his injuries. Can't imagine him playing for another team. Thanks for the memories Doug.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This is tough. Knew it was gonna happen with Kam, but Doug too stings....... :cry:

Thank you for everything Kam and Doug!!!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Wow. Definitely a "knew this is where things were headed but still didn't expect to see the news today" thing.

Hope to see both of them have good post-playing days careers.

drcool

Reaction score
I am sure if Baldwin had any chance to play this year they wouldn't have done this. Hate to see him go.

How soon can we get both these names in the Ring of Honor?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The comments on the twitturd feed :roll:
Just when I thought the "12's" couldn't get more clueless...…….

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Thank you, Doug and Kam!!

Forever All-Time Seahawks Legends!!!

Sad, but inevitable day for Seahawks Nation!

Godspeed!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
truehawksfan":19b7jdsn said:
Love to see Doug raise the flag!

For sure.

It's going to be interesting to see how Doug reacts to all of this, if he even reacts at all. He's not the warm and fuzzy type, and it's still unknown as to what his relationship with Pete and the Hawks is at this moment in time.

Is it amicable? Is he pissed off? Somewhere in between?

James in PA

Reaction score
truehawksfan":3hrn0tak said:
And he will someday. No doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James in PA

Reaction score
I bet there’s a certain cornerback in Santa Clara trying to recruit Doug right now!

:(

Seymour

Reaction score
James in PA":310v1jms said:
I bet there’s a certain cornerback in Santa Clara trying to recruit Doug right now!

:(

Really? Need to go there? :roll:

Why are you ignoring the fact Baldwin is toast, done, finished?? He all but said so himself.

DJrmb

Reaction score
From what I've heard the team did Doug a solid by releasing him rather than him having to retire. By releasing him he is guaranteed to keep all his signing bonus (something they could have gone after if he was forced to retire instead) and he is also protected injury wise if he is unable to play anymore (retiring would have waived any right to an injury settlement).

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2gra0sg5 said:
truehawksfan":2gra0sg5 said:

For sure.

It's going to be interesting to see how Doug reacts to all of this, if he even reacts at all. He's not the warm and fuzzy type, and it's still unknown as to what his relationship with Pete and the Hawks is at this moment in time.

Is it amicable? Is he pissed off? Somewhere in between?

why would he pissed?

Baldwin had no more guaranteed money in his contract but by being cut instead of retiring he will not have to pay back any of the $7 million in bonus money received in a four-year deal he signed in 2016. He will end up not playing the final two seasons of that contract, years in which he would have made $9.25 and $10.25 million. However, per the league’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, he should get $1.2 million in an injury protection payout for the 2019 season.

mikeak

Reaction score
Funny - I see it as neutral in regards to doing the right / wrong thing

Baldwin is so injured he can't play then he doesn't need to retire. He can just stay injured - he doesn't have anything to gain by retiring

Seahawks wants to clear cap and get the numbers right, not carry any future salaries for a player that can't play anymore so they cut him

It is not IMHO fantastic sportsmanship or a favor by Seahawks, but it is also not anything negative. It is what it is.

It is very different than Pittsburgh carrying Shazier who was on a rookie contract vs Baldwin who has made $40M and came to a normal length career for a WR