Hawks terminate Baldwin and Chancellor contracts...

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Kam might be my favorite Seahawk ever. I pretty much expected his days were over. But, very bummed that Doug Baldwin is done in Seattle.

I haven't owned any jerseys. Just the T-shirt mock jerseys. I have bought jerseys for my kids instead. I would proudly wear Baldwin 89 and or Chancellor 31 well after their playing days.

Excited about young talent, but Damn... Two of the best ever.

Bullmeister

Reaction score
This really is tough for me as a fan to deal with as they were two of my most favourite Seahawks players and key elements in the the core group of players that made this team so successful in recent years. I am so grateful the Seahawks were blessed with both these amazing players.

Both players extremely gifted, intelligent and humble. I can't believe their time as Seahawks is over. I hope they get the honours they deserve for what they did as Seahawks.

Thank you so much for what you did for this team. You will be sorely missed and fondly remembered by so many fans not just for your incredible contributions as players on the field but also the leadership and respect that followed you as individuals.

Bull

jeremiah

Reaction score
What is the underlying injury that Mr Baldwin has that would prevent him from playing football? On another note, why release him in this manner? It leaves him an unrestricted free agent after he does rehab. This is similar to the thing they did for Marshawn Lynch where he took his millions and move on to another team. These players act like they are oppressed, yet they get paid to sit on the sidelines making bank, while planning to move on to greener pastures.

sutz

Reaction score
jeremiah":36yt8p25 said:
What is the underlying injury that Mr Baldwin has that would prevent him from playing football? On another note, why release him in this manner? It leaves him an unrestricted free agent after he does rehab. This is similar to the thing they did for Marshawn Lynch where he took his millions and move on to another team. These players act like they are oppressed, yet they get paid to sit on the sidelines making bank, while planning to move on to greener pastures.
First, I think it was mainly the knee problem that bothered him all last season, but he also had shoulder and sports hernia surgeries in the off season. He's pretty beat up.

Second, if you read this thread or the linked articles you would realize that this is probably the most equitable outcome for both Doug and the team. Doug keeps his bonus money, and is still possible eligible for about $1.2 mill in injury settlement money. The team gets some cap relief this season and next. The likelihood that Doug pulls a "Marshawn" is pretty slim. The evidence says he's done. His tone and demeanor sounds like he's done. Doug has always been honest and strait forward with the team and the fans. If he wanted to continue playing, it would be here.

The issue of whether players are "oppressed" or not is beyond the scope of this board as it gets into philosophical and political arguments. Probably don't want to go there. ;)

jeremiah

Reaction score
You are correct, no one wants to mix politics and leisure/sports. It destroys both. I know nothing about Doug Baldwin personally. He represents himself the way he wants to be perceived. That does not mean what he shows us is his true self. To me his true self was him feigning "taking a dump" at the Super Bowl. Or screaming about not being respected in his earlier days. If I were to bet on the ultimate outcome, I would bet he will play again. He will take off the necessary time to feel fully healthy, then move on to whomever pays him the most. JMO, but it is an honestly felt one.