Heaps:Bench Chris Carson? Seahawks need him to make playoffs

ivotuk

Reaction score
Heaps: Bench Chris Carson? Seahawks need him running to make the playoffs

Former NFL quarterback and current 710 ESPN Seattle host Jake Heaps said that there is nothing more important for the Seahawks than Carson getting back on track, because while turning more to Prosise or Rashaad Penny is an option, Carson is too critical a piece of Seattle’s offensive identity for the team to go far without him.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/702829/he ... is-carson/

[youtube]qQm4dVciRF0[/youtube]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":2q392i6f said:

Former NFL quarterback and current 710 ESPN Seattle host Jake Heaps said that there is nothing more important for the Seahawks than Carson getting back on track, because while turning more to Prosise or Rashaad Penny is an option, Carson is too critical a piece of Seattle’s offensive identity for the team to go far without him.

I normally like Heaps but he’s built a straw man to knockdown here.
No one is saying bench Carson for the rest of the year, just when he cannot take care of the ball.

Simple reward/punishment scenario. You fumble, you’re on the bench, you produce good results, you play.
I’ve been critical of Pete/Schotty’s offense and philosophy of late, but on this they’ve handle it perfect IMHO.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Forget about the fumble! Carson has probably punished himself enough all week. Move forward and let him take it out on the Cards.

zhawk

Reaction score
had2bhawk":3czryiwt said:
Forget about the fumble! Carson has probably punished himself enough all week. Move forward and let him take it out on the Cards.

I agree with this.

Angry Chris Carson.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
In before Imthescientist makes the stupid predictable comment

But I agree. Every player needs to be their best or this team isn't going far. When Carson is on point, he's ridiculous

quadsas

Reaction score
How much do I trust Carson? I'd keep starting him even if he fumbled every single game. He's just that much of a better fit and of higher ability than all the other backs we have

scutterhawk

Reaction score
quadsas":1xp0d98x said:
How much do I trust Carson? I'd keep starting him even if he fumbled every single game. He's just that much of a better fit and of higher ability than all the other backs we have

THIS^
Benching him would be STUPID.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Arizona doesn't have the defense the Saints do, not even close. There's a good chance Carson gets back on track.

Besides, Penny is gimpy right now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
quadsas":sxj4glbs said:

I doubt that..
Glad your not the HC since it's ok to fumble every game.

justafan

Reaction score
You cant have a fumbler if you want to be a running team. This year you support him and feed him the ball and if he doesnt come around you replace him next year. Im not giving him a big contract like he is a top back.

xray

Reaction score
Carson is the best RB the Hawks have ; but if he continues to drop the ball then they have to go with Penny starting ; with Prosise or Homer behind him . If that happens then there is no way the Hawks get anywhere close to leading the league in rushing again this year . Just average at best . IMO

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Hawks have to use Carson a lot this game in the first half. Giving him the opportunity to prove he can hang on after contact. I think it will be a adjustment he will fix. He will hit the ground earlier than in previous games just to prove that point. Yards after contact won't be a priority this game. Second half start resting for TNF. It has been a nightmare for us all but, Carson is the RB we thought and think he is.

D

DomeHawk

Jake Heaps is a nobody, he's never accomplished anything yet tries to insert himself into the conversation as some sort of authority on any subject.

I get that he needs to earn a living but better to leave it to those more qualified.

quadsas

Reaction score
IndyHawk":mmkukbop said:
quadsas":mmkukbop said:

I doubt that..
Glad your not the HC since it's ok to fumble every game.
youre ill if you think Penny and Procise are better than Carson

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
We've been spoiled. It's pretty amazing that we ran the ball so often last year but had very few lost fumbles. We almost tied the record for least turnovers in a season I believe.

It's just variance catching up to us.

LTH

Reaction score
ivotuk":379pp1b0 said:

This guy is a moron and he doesn't get it...I can't even listen to him... yes there were errors... way to many penalties etc against the Saints but the Saints were a better football team than the hawks last Sunday and its wasn't just because bree's was out they beat the Hawks in almost every phaze of the game... like I keep saying the Hawks coaching staff will clean all that up as apparent of the game today... because it's about building continuity...the first 5 games are like the preseason its early , the Hawks are right where they want to be right on schedule... Carson is going to be fine they have fixed his fumbling issues...

How ever... they probably will continue not to play their best ball for a while... wouldn't surprise me at all if they struggle against the Rams or even lose that game... But it's not a reflection of the season...

LTH

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":1cg0ncbr said:
Yeah good thing they listened to him today I guess.

There was never any question of benching Carson in the first place.

chris98251

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2b1i89fk said:
chris98251":2b1i89fk said:
Yeah good thing they listened to him today I guess.

There was never any question of benching Carson in the first place.

I think you better re read last weeks cluster mess of posts, maybe you and me and some others but many wanted him benched and thrown in Da Cooler.

Latest posts