Heath Evans/NFL Network: Seahawks 11-5 in 2016

Hawks46

Reaction score
There's a few toss ups, like I don't really feel all that good about an early Jets game. They have a very good defense.

If Goff starts, I see us beating LA. That's way too early in the season and he'll be facing the best defense in the NFL. He won't be ready for it. Strangely, I think they have a better chance with Keenum starting against us.

I see us beating the Cards at their house, but I could see them beating us here. They've done it what, 2 straight years ? I really hope our guys get their fire back and really want to go 8-0 at home and get that feared home advantage back. It's like they didn't really play that much harder at home last year.

I see us going 12-4. We're going to have a good WR corps this year, and I think Wilson will improve a bit more. If our OL gels early and run blocks well, I honestly see a 14-2 season coming up, and I very rarely call that (I honestly might never have called 14 for us). We have 2013 type depth, but it might be better talent wise.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I see us around 12-4 so the prediction is pretty solid. The comments not so much but the overall prediction is fine.

I don't see us losing to the Rams at all this year. Their home game isn't at 10AM this time and it's with most likely Goff starting early in the year.

The Rams having our "number" and always beating us is vastly overstated based on last year. We've struggled with 10AM games and beyond that, other than 2015, have handled them fairly easily at home. I see us getting one in LA early and then winning again at CenturyLink.

Other than that, we'll probably trade home wins with the Cards, since that keeps happening for whatever reason. And then we'll likely struggle in a few games that are unpredictable, like maybe Tampa Bay or something.

Schadie001

Reaction score
I watched the segment with Evans yesterday and the guy seriously makes me want to reach through the TV and strangle him. First, I get it I'm a homer and think we are going to win everything. But he did absolutely no analysis as to why we would win or lose any of those games. The second game of the season, yes it's the rams we have struggled as of late against the rams, but they moved and more importantly have a rookie QB who is going to be facing our D in his second NFL start. The edge would have to go to us in this game. His next pick against us I couldn't stand was the Bills at the Clink. Come on really you are saying their offense is going to come into our house and beat us. No friggin way, this isn't NE or GB this is the dang bills. Ya, their Defense is solid but they are less than stellar on the Oside of the ball and the Clink eats up these types of offenses.

Other than that there were games that any given sunday comes into play. But based on his none analysis we should have been 13-3 and win the division going away. Instead they had us as a 5 or 6 seed. What the F ever!!!

Largent80

Reaction score
Packers sucked last year, and unless they made a ton of changes I see us winning that game. Bills on MNF winning in Seattle?...get outta here with that.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Pretty close. I would swap Jets/Bills because there is always a loss that shouldn't happen and I don't see it being to the Bills at home.

I also think we take one of the Pats/GB games, and I don't see us losing 4 weeks in a row to Pats/GB/LA/AZ.

Week 13 will be key

hawker84

Reaction score
So we're going to beat the defending NFC champs at home but lose to the Bills at home, on MNF no less? Anything Evans says you can pretty much bank on it. :sarcasm_off:

kf3339

Reaction score
I'm not picking us to already lose games this early in the preseason. So I'm going with 16-0. Let our opponents this year prove me wrong.

Of course, all of this depends on our O-Line. We all know that's the case.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ambrose83":jbbxb647 said:
Hasselbeck":jbbxb647 said:
I think we probably lose to the Jets in a 10AM kickoff game but beat the Bills with ease at home on MNF. So those cancel out for me.

I think we sweep the Rams though and split the Pats/Packers road games. So that puts us at 13-3 IMO.

We are not losing to a team lead by Ryan Fitzpatrick

Its not Fitzpatrick that concerns me.. its their defense and the cross-country early kick.

Wartooth

Reaction score
It is convenient that the Packers have such a cupcake schedule this year.
I still don't see them getting the one seed though... We'll own the tie breaker after we beat them in Green Bay!

Go Hawks!

kearly

Reaction score
I think the Jets are a tough matchup and should be taken seriously, but I also think they'll be 0-3 heading into that game (their first three games are Bengals, @Bills, @Chiefs). The Jets are a good team when their mojo is going but a beatable team when the opposite is true. I think Seattle will be catching them at the right time.

The first Rams game feels like more than just a game. It feels like a tone-setter for the new chapter in the Seahawks-Rams rivalry. The last thing I want is for Jared Goff to feel like he can beat us. It's not a 10am start anymore and considering how physical the series has been, that's a big deal. I take some comfort in knowing that most of the Rams QBs to beat Seattle in recent years have been unheralded late round / UDFA backups who basically got lucky. Touted QBs were another story. Seattle owned Bradford, hopefully they will own Goff as well.

I think Seattle is going to blow out the Bills. Stop their running game and they collapse offensively. Their defense is running ragged as well. They are essentially a very poor man's Minnesota, and would anybody expect Minnesota to walk into Century link and leave with a win? It would be a stunner if Buffalo won that game.

kearly

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2bc2lzqe said:
Its not Fitzpatrick that concerns me.. its their defense and the cross-country early kick.

Fitzmagic looked good against Seattle in his last meeting, thankfully the Seahawks D made big plays and Wilson had a huge day or else the Bills with Fitzmagic were about to put a scare in us.

Matt Forte and Brandon Marshall have a history of success against Seattle too. And their OL is pretty solid.

I'm actually not all that worried about their D, unless Bevell really drops the ball. Outside of Revis their secondary isn't all that great, and Seattle has so many weapons that Wilson can easily throw all over that D even if Revis takes Baldwin out of the game. Contrary to what many believe, the Jets pass rush is actually a below average unit (going by Football Outsiders' numbers). Their run D is awesome, so I'm guessing Seattle will start slow and then open things up in the second half and pull away in the 4th.

They are a team worth being nervous about, but I think it's a game where Seattle SHOULD score 24+. It's really more up to our defense in that game to keep the Jets offense under that 24 number. I'm guessing Seattle opens up a double digit lead in the 4th and hangs on for a 27-23 win, something like that.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Hasselbeck":1aofe6si said:
I think we probably lose to the Jets in a 10AM kickoff game but beat the Bills with ease at home on MNF. So those cancel out for me.

If we lose one of those two games, it'll more likely be the early game at the Jets, not the primetime game at home against the Bills.

Other than that, the W/L record seems about right. Maybe a little on the pessimistic side. We'll either have about that record with some predictable losses and a couple surprises, or we'll do better than that.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":s2pdyom4 said:
Packers sucked last year, and unless they made a ton of changes I see us winning that game. Bills on MNF winning in Seattle?...get outta here with that.
My thoughts too,why is GB supposed to beat us?I don't see them containing our new spread attack along with our D being healthy and BB bringing the Boom!

raisethe3

Reaction score
A loss against Buffalo? Especially at home? Nah man. Can't take this guy seriously.

I see Seattle finally earning a victory at Green Bay.

I'd say 12-4 or 13-3.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
IndyHawk":rksl58o1 said:
Largent80":rksl58o1 said:
My thoughts too,why is GB supposed to beat us?I don't see them containing our new spread attack along with our D being healthy and BB bringing the Boom!

Don't see why we can't beat em at home; except it will be mid-December at Lambeau. We barely escaped Minny last year in freezing temps. Guess we'll see...

Ambrose83

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":qcvpnens said:
IndyHawk":qcvpnens said:
Largent80":qcvpnens said:

Don't see why we can't beat em at home; except it will be mid-December at Lambeau. We barely escaped Minny last year in freezing temps. Guess we'll see...

Min was a better team then the packers... Green bay was 2 hail Marys from 8-8.... And that game was -20.... That's not going to be the case here.

NINEster

Reaction score
Greg Roman is having nightmares about the Bills/Seahawks game already.

Having said that every year, there are winnable games on the schedule that are lost and quite a few upsets. There is always that ONE league upset that you can't get your head around....like the Chiefs beating the Packers in 2011.

There very well exists the possibility that the Seahawks beat the Patriots but drop a game to another AFC East team. I'd put money on it. Buffalo or Jets beating the Hawks while the Patriots lose to the Hawks is something that I've come to expect in the NFL.

And then the vaunted HFA of CenturyLink has dropped a bit the last season or so.

Todd Bowles has been waiting awhile for Wilson. Soon.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tod Bowles?? The same Todd Bowles the Hawks torched and made an idiot out of the last time his defense played against us? Must be him, huh? I'm scurrrrred!

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Own The West

Reaction score
Ambrose83":ry3lxg55 said:
PlinytheCenter":ry3lxg55 said:
IndyHawk":ry3lxg55 said:
Largent80":ry3lxg55 said:

Min was a better team then the packers... Green bay was 2 hail Marys from 8-8.... And that game was -20.... That's not going to be the case here.

If anything I think that Minny game makes the GB game less daunting. Depending on how Browner matches up with Gronk, I can see us going 14-2. A split with the Cards and one upset -- because PC coached teams always seem to drop one cupcake game a year.

Rob12

Reaction score
I think this is the year the we get back to be undefeated at home.

14-2/13-3 is my prediction for this team; No. 1 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk