Help Brandon Browner & Walter Thurmond Get Released

bowzerbird

Reaction score
[Originally, I wrote to Chris Egan of KING 5 asking if there's a way we can help our guys, Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond ~~ Haven't heard from him yet]

But, I have an interesting question to ask and don't know what avenue to take to ask, so I hope you can help me.
Regarding the current suspensions of Brandon Browner and Walter Thurmond for smoking grass [marijuana], bottom line, I think it's unfair. The drug regulations NEED to be changed. Hey, grass is legal in WA. If alcohol is a "legal" substance, why isn't grass on that list? Or, when will they include it? Booze has always been accepted as the libation of choice, even during prohibition. Ever get into a debate regarding alcohol or grass? Drinkers will always favor alcohol but grass???? hey, it's illegal so ya can't use it. But domestic violence from alcohol abuse is not always frowned upon. Smokin' a joint, now that's a different story, put 'em away for life.

And good grief!! they both smoked it on their "vacation" [by-week] time. Where was the urine test done? In their private homes [I hear that the "testers" can actually come to the players homes even on the OFF SEASON and randomly test them], can this be true, just "pop" on by and "Here's the bottle, give me a sample?"

How can the league radically condemn these players for smoking a joint NOT on "company" time but their own time, away from the field? They aren't driving anywhere, causing any violence or abuse, off-time, no illegal substance etc. [grass is now legal remember].
What an oxymoron, smoking a joint is more offensive to the league then a concussion ["League of Denial" I'm sure you've seen the PBS special or read the book]. When will Roger Goodell get the message!??!. Thank God for Paul Allen and his inclusion for research on brain damage from concussions. Bet the league [Roger Goodell and other team owners] really "resents" him right now! Too bad, may Paul's tribe increase!!

I don't know how you can help me here or where these questions should be routed to, but Chris, we LOVE OUR SEAHAWKS and there's something wrong with the current "value" system. Investigating concussions is a no-no BUT suspending or even dropping a player from the team "cuzz he smoked a doobie" on OFF time is tantamount to committing some heinous crime.
Why has the league placed such emphasis on non-performance enhancing drugs? Hey, steroids and other performance enhancing drugs we ALL can understand. Everyone plays on an "equal field" no "supermen" created "unnaturally." Play with the "gifts' God gave ya and no more.

Enough said, I know I'm not the only one who feels this way BUT what can we do about it? Browner & Thurmond do NOT deserve to lose their jobs because they did something legal. This could & can affect AND "infect" their future in football. For one thing, testing for illegal drugs should ONLY be done randomly at the stadium not your place of sanctuary, your home where you feel safe from "the men in black"

Please help Chris if you can. Let's keep our Seahawks togetha. These guys are TIGHT, homey's, a band of brothers.

Blessings and hope you & your family had a most blessed Thanksgiving. Somehow, if we can reverse the charges against our guys, this will be a most Thankful Thanksgiving they will ever have.

Ellen GO HAWKS

Blitzer88

Reaction score
It may be legal in the State of Washington, but it is against the rules of the NFL.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I will pass this email on to Roger Goodell. I bet we can get Thurmond back in Week 17.

djb28

Reaction score
They get paid well to respect the rules of the NFL. Drugs stay in the system even on their "day off" Get caught, pay the consequences.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Reefer Madness is the idea that reefer is a dangerous drug. Alcohol is the homewrecker and people killer, not weed. The only thing weed threatens is the waistline.

bigcc

Reaction score
domestic violence from alcohol use isn't frowned upon?

put the joint down YOURSELF man

mikeak

Reaction score
We had like 15 pages of discussions on this once already. Same premise and talked ad naseum about

It isn't allowed by the NFL it isn't allowed by the federal government

End thread

nsport

Reaction score
You know what that means don't you....
[youtube]NYwZfWcokyI[/youtube]

nategreat

Reaction score
mikeak":1w8arb5b said:
We had like 15 pages of discussions on this once already. Same premise and talked ad naseum about

End thread

If you couldn't tell, OP has 5 posts. He's new, and he probably never was able to partake in these other discussions. If you don't want to read about it anymore, you don't have to. His post was long and thought out, and deserves more than you throwing up all over it. If you were going to reply, you could have done it without sounding like such a jerk.

In any case, I agree with you. It's illegal within the NFL, therefore it's for all intents and purposes, it's illegal for our players to do it, regardless of where they live. Who knows if this will ever change, since the Colorado and Washington state laws are new to this whole thing. Maybe the NFL will become more lenient as more states begin doing the same thing, but I kind of doubt it.

dunceface

Reaction score
these players should just do the "48 hour" drugs DUH

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2f16866s said:
I will pass this email on to Roger Goodell. I bet we can get Thurmond back in Week 17.

Well played sir *tips hat*

Schadie001

Reaction score
Any employer has the right to terminate you for drug use....regardless of whether a state says it's ok or not. I'm all for employers being able to drug test their employees and fine, suspend or terminate them if they test positive. You can smoke it all you want, but you won't work for me.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
Same thing as when i was in the Army. Dont matter if its legal anywhere. It goes against the league they play unders rules.

drdiags

Reaction score
The urine test most likely happened before the bye, since the rumors started floating out about the suspension (and appeal) during the bye week. I doubt the detection, suspension notice and appeal happens within a week. But if that doesn't fit the OP's narrative then I guess I will go with his or hers.

mikeak

Reaction score
nategreat":d6uvphzq said:
mikeak":d6uvphzq said:

End thread

If you couldn't tell, OP has 5 posts. He's new, and he probably never was able to partake in these other discussions. If you don't want to read about it anymore, you don't have to. His post was long and thought out, and deserves more than you throwing up all over it. If you were going to reply, you could have done it without sounding like such a jerk.

In any case, I agree with you. It's illegal within the NFL, therefore it's for all intents and purposes, it's illegal for our players to do it, regardless of where they live. Who knows if this will ever change, since the Colorado and Washington state laws are new to this whole thing. Maybe the NFL will become more lenient as more states begin doing the same thing, but I kind of doubt it.

1) I didn't say anything that was being a jerk. I was direct

2) So if you put a lot of paragraphs together which are based on a very flawed premise that keeps coming up does it still remain a thought out post?

He ignores that private companies can set their own rules (there are companies out there that doesn't allow their employees to smoke cigarettes and it is perfectly legal), he ignores that they violated set rules by the company, he ignores federal law and he ignores that NFL teams compete across the country). But despite that it is a well thought out post? I can go with a post with lots of words without meaning put into a nice order.

Now that was closer to being a jerk but really not because it is called direct language. Apparently no longer allowed......

drdiags

Reaction score
Richard_Sherman":248ezpq0 said:
Should had did what I did.

What an idiotic post. Substance abuse (weed, alcohol) is a different test than Performance Enhancement. But was a good opening to take a shot at a Seahawks player. Why do folks continue to get such glee out of this kind of childish stuff (not just this troll attempt but message boards in general)? Grown folks having a conversation (though we all may be drinking a little too much).

BGHawk

Reaction score
What's with the posters that have to spout their crap and sign off with "end thread", like they have the authority and final say. They can smoke it if they want too..but there are consequences to actions.