Help Brandon Browner & Walter Thurmond Get Released

BGHawk

Reaction score
What's with the posters that have to spout their crap and sign off with "end thread", like they have the authority and final say. They can smoke it if they want too..but there are consequences to actions.

muxpux

Reaction score
i had friends in the military who smoked spice to avoid testing positive for weed. not sure if NFL players wanna get high that bad though.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
mikeak":156uimdx said:
nategreat":156uimdx said:
mikeak":156uimdx said:
We had like 15 pages of discussions on this once already. Same premise and talked ad naseum about

It isn't allowed by the NFL it isn't allowed by the federal government

End thread

If you couldn't tell, OP has 5 posts. He's new, and he probably never was able to partake in these other discussions. If you don't want to read about it anymore, you don't have to. His post was long and thought out, and deserves more than you throwing up all over it. If you were going to reply, you could have done it without sounding like such a jerk.

In any case, I agree with you. It's illegal within the NFL, therefore it's for all intents and purposes, it's illegal for our players to do it, regardless of where they live. Who knows if this will ever change, since the Colorado and Washington state laws are new to this whole thing. Maybe the NFL will become more lenient as more states begin doing the same thing, but I kind of doubt it.

1) I didn't say anything that was being a jerk. I was direct

2) So if you put a lot of paragraphs together which are based on a very flawed premise that keeps coming up does it still remain a thought out post?

He ignores that private companies can set their own rules (there are companies out there that doesn't allow their employees to smoke cigarettes and it is perfectly legal), he ignores that they violated set rules by the company, he ignores federal law and he ignores that NFL teams compete across the country). But despite that it is a well thought out post? I can go with a post with lots of words without meaning put into a nice order.

Now that was closer to being a jerk but really not because it is called direct language. Apparently no longer allowed......

Hey ya all, don't ya get tired of the "whiners?" Ya know, mikeak, if reading something that "irritates" you on ANY blog / forum is the WORST THANG THAT HAPPENS TO YOU ALL DAY, then be thankful. Life could and IZ worse then whining. Just get a life and move on. Today's yer lucky day.

Now for some intelligent conversation:
Firstly, several states have both decriminalized cannabis possession laws & both medical and decriminalization laws besides the two states that it is legal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_U.S._state
I do understand [thanks for cluing me in] that the NFL says it's illegal. I just find it an oxymoron that [and yes, ya don't have ta tell me] just because alcohol is legal it's off the "banned" list of illegal substances. I'm not much of a consumer of Booze, hooch, rotgut, or da white lightnin' ALCOHOL :sarcasm_on: BUT :stirthepot: It's OK[??] to go off yer keester, get wasted beyond stupidity . . . . But smoke a doob in WA where it is legal, stay home, don't drive, don't beat up the wife. don't slobber all over yer friends, don't vomit on the furniture, don't break the furniture, don't get violent period!
For all you "shnocker's" I never met anyone stoned on grass who got violent [ya, exceptions :roll: :roll: ] We were MELLOW.

All I'm sayin' is there's a value system that needs to be changed. How & when, who knows. Intuitively, and you canNOT convince me I'm wrong here, there's a redneck mentality out there that associates smokin' grass with the "old days" of Hippydome and ya know they hated us long-hairz. And that tude stays with them ALL their lives. They will never change. Demographics will help replace "good ol' boys" thinkin' and grass along with da white lightnin' will be able to be consumed on OFF-TIME LEGALLY.

Lottsa folks cannot accept the fact that the "Times They are A'Changin" but it's happnin' and here's one from the 60's whose thankful for it.
But, hey, if Thurmond & Browner get quality attorney's, they will be back in the game in no time. So, do a bowl fo' me, Bro. Roll a Fat Boy!
And for you, mikeak, don't worry, I don't, I jezz Shine you all on, Mama. youze a laugh a minute, minutia.

:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

mikeak

Reaction score
^ sounds like you are worrying a bit there and thinking I should get a life.......

The original post ignores facts and conditions of life and the NFL. If the rules of the NFL aren't to your likings then maybe you should move on.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is the players knew the rules. Like them or dislike them - irrelevant. They knew them, they got tested and they got caught for violating them. You want to fight the "good" fight to change the rules - great. It won't be retroactive and it won't be anytime soon.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
mikeak":3puuh009 said:
^ sounds like you are worrying a bit there and thinking I should get a life.......

The original post ignores facts and conditions of life and the NFL. If the rules of the NFL aren't to your likings then maybe you should move on.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is the players knew the rules. Like them or dislike them - irrelevant. They knew them, they got tested and they got caught for violating them. You want to fight the "good" fight to change the rules - great. It won't be retroactive and it won't be anytime soon.

Sooner than you think ~ I've looked into the crystal football. And BTW, I'm stayin'

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Just hope Brandon gets a very competent attorney. Heard he will sue and just hope he wins his case. But again, someday the "rules for grass will change as did prohibition for alcohol. Anyway, we want him back, he's an asset for the SEAHAWKS.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
That's the thing with some pro-legalization folks. They go on and on about the unbalanced "value system" and how innocent it is to smoke weed, and forget that legalizing it will not stop schools and workplaces from forbidding it during work.

pmedic920

Reaction score
muxpux":2r0d3yfm said:
i had friends in the military who smoked spice to avoid testing positive for weed. not sure if NFL players wanna get high that bad though.

Off topic but....
Anybody that either smokes that stuff or is thinking about it, needs to come ride a couple of shifts with me on the ambulance. SPICE, KUSH, whatever, it's all bad news.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
pmedic920":6aensi4i said:
muxpux":6aensi4i said:

Off topic but....
Anybody that either smokes that stuff or is thinking about it, needs to come ride a couple of shifts with me on the ambulance. SPICE, KUSH, whatever, it's all bad news.

Alcohol is a much bigger problem and has caused WAYYY more accidents then grass etc.. Have a friend who was an EMT 2 in the 80's and the stories he told were concerning alcohol, not grass.
I have an idea, let's go back to prohibition and let the Mafia run the show. HO HO!!! I'm not much of a consumer so hey, prohibition works for me. :thfight7: You wanna cement shooze and live wit da fishes [dbl. :thfight7: ] Joke! :roll: :roll: :roll: [for the sensitive PC's out thar]

MontanaHawk05":6aensi4i said:
That's the thing with some pro-legalization folks. They go on and on about the unbalanced "value system" and how innocent it is to smoke weed, and forget that legalizing it will not stop schools and workplaces from forbidding it during work.

Well, gee, that's logical!! [DUH!]. They don't allow drinking in school either, geese, whatsa madda wit choo!??! What's sad though is that, and I speak only from my own schooling experiences, I've had alkie & stoned teachers. So good grief, libations in school either from the students [and we know that goes on], admins, or teachers is a no-brainer. Should not go on & offtop: either should smoking, anythang!

Come on you guys, give me a better argument. :stirthepot:

Sittin' and starin' out of the hotel window.
Got a tip they're gonna kick the door in again
I'd like to get some sleep before I travel,
But if you got a warrant, I guess you're gonna come in.

Busted, down on Bourbon Street, Set up, like a bowlin' pin.
Knocked down, it get's to wearin' thin. They just won't let you be, oh no.
Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me;
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me What a long, strange trip it's been.
[Where's Jerry when ya need him — miss the 60's — passions for the fight for justice]

cdallan

Reaction score
Schadie001":yyruxai0 said:
Any employer has the right to terminate you for drug use....regardless of whether a state says it's ok or not. I'm all for employers being able to drug test their employees and fine, suspend or terminate them if they test positive. You can smoke it all you want, but you won't work for me.

You do know that people that work for you ARE actually people themselves, right? You want to control what they legally do in their own home and which no one would find out about, except you want them tested in a way that even the police couldn't do without a warrant?

Riiiiiight.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
cdallan":1hs1k3oy said:
Schadie001":1hs1k3oy said:
Any employer has the right to terminate you for drug use....regardless of whether a state says it's ok or not. I'm all for employers being able to drug test their employees and fine, suspend or terminate them if they test positive. You can smoke it all you want, but you won't work for me.

You do know that people that work for you ARE actually people themselves, right? You want to control what they legally do in their own home and which no one would find out about, except you want them tested in a way that even the police couldn't do without a warrant?

Riiiiiight.

And let me add, AGAIN REGARDING ALCOHOL. Me, personally, if you drink, I WOULD NOT LET YOU work for me. There are more "ALCHEE"S" on the road on weekends, after work at the "other office" and drinking at home then driving somewhere then folks smokin' a doob. And if ya smoke "ciggies" ya don't work for me, either.
Something tells me, I WOULD NOT WANT TO WORK FOR YOU. And something also tells me, YOU DRINK, whether it's socially or tieing one on at night. Just reading between the lines of your life and "Profiling" you. Tell me I'm wrong, I could give a rats ass.

Hey, Merry Christmas, BTW.

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
Don't know if you've heard but this has already gone to the Colorado state courts. About smoking a legal substance and being popped at work for it. Ultimately it is up to the employer. No drugs, no alcohol no hot piss tests. You are offered no protection under the law. Even if it's legal.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Good news, Goodell read the e-mail and released Thurm for this weekend.

You're welcome. :th2thumbs:

BlackDiamondHawk

Reaction score
Seems to me that BBs appeal had a lot more to do with due process than cannabis. The CBA shouldn't apply to somebody who is not covered by it. I have no bitch with the NFL saying players can't use pot, but the steamrolling of consequence and the lack of following due process in an unprecedented case are questionable. I know somebody will jump quickly about how much this has been discussed, but a vast majority of the discussion had to do with the pros/cons of pot and letting your teammates down. I think the NFL got backed into a corner and Roger's only response was to throw a haymaker.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
BlackDiamondHawk":106od5wf said:
Seems to me that BBs appeal had a lot more to do with due process than cannabis. The CBA shouldn't apply to somebody who is not covered by it. I have no bitch with the NFL saying players can't use pot, but the steamrolling of consequence and the lack of following due process in an unprecedented case are questionable. I know somebody will jump quickly about how much this has been discussed, but a vast majority of the discussion had to do with the pros/cons of pot and letting your teammates down. I think the NFL got backed into a corner and Roger's only response was to throw a haymaker.

Hey Bro, you are RIGHT ON TARGET. Hit the nail on the head. Unprecedented cases should NOT be judged until all the facts are laid out. And in Thurm's case, well . . . it's complicated. Too many variables at stake so far.
But, his attorney will present this unprecedented case and maybe win. That's what "unprecedented cases" do, they set precedences.

Thanks again for the INSIGHT!!