Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainger

Reaction score
Yea really u guys before the lock, please take this issue about how upstanding Melton is to the Shack and leave this thread for Melton signings and other anticipation.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
vin.couve12":4zbj1hej said:
CurryStopstheRuns":4zbj1hej said:
SalishHawkFan":4zbj1hej said:
He's a bully and a thug and a punk AND A FREAKING DOUCHE BAG.

Sounds like a great DT; when can we sign him?

Uhhhh, what? Aren't you the guy condemning Lynch?

Never once condemned Lynch. It appears that your comprehension is as fine tuned as your math.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3v7hitap said:
vin.couve12":3v7hitap said:
CurryStopstheRuns":3v7hitap said:
SalishHawkFan":3v7hitap said:
He's a bully and a thug and a punk AND A FREAKING DOUCHE BAG.

Sounds like a great DT; when can we sign him?

Uhhhh, what? Aren't you the guy condemning Lynch?

Never once condemned Lynch. It appears that your comprehension is as fine tuned as your math.
Yeah, whatever....

godawg

Reaction score
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there is more to the story about Melton's bar fight than has been reported in the media. Not long ago I got assigned to defend a guy charged with kidnap and torture, which was even written about in the N.Y. Daily News. When the facts were sorted out my client got probation and released for time served, and the "victim" was sent to prison. Just saying.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Anyway, it would be good for the team to sign Melton, assuming he's healthy. He'd be the next best thing to getting Aaron Donald in the draft, who will be long gone at 32.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
godawg":3g3tygt0 said:
I wouldn't be entirely surprised if there is more to the story about Melton's bar fight than has been reported in the media. Not long ago I got assigned to defend a guy charged with kidnap and torture, which was even written about in the N.Y. Daily News. When the facts were sorted out my client got probation and released for time served, and the "victim" was sent to prison. Just saying.
All right. Good point. Innocent until proven guilty.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'm not for bringing in a bunch of bad apples, but i do believe in 2nd chances, and the could have been unknown circumstances. I'd like to believe that JS & PC would be cautious but if they feel this was more of an anomaly than a common occurrence with this guy than getting one of the top 5 rushing DT's on a bargain deal would be worth the risk, if they are really worried then they should make the contract so he can be cut and not make it detrimental to the cap.

I'm sure every team has a handful of guys who are egotistical asshole and flaunt their money and treat people like crap, It is sad but no everyone can be humble and from what i have heard Marshawn is not the nicest drunk in Bellevue.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Lynch isn't required to be a nice drunk. He's required to carry the football and be available to play football. Beyond that, if he's not killing or raping or being a continued problem then anything posted here regarding the subject is entirely moot. Same goes for Melton.

I mean, we can all talk about it, but it's really irrelevant.

kobebryant

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":7mawcgke said:
ErikG803":7mawcgke said:
I certainly wouldn't bet a single cent on the idea that not one guy on our roster last year has never done anything under the influence that would make you say "what the f___ is wrong with that guy". That's not to say what Melton did isn't awful, but I would never consider it a disqualifier from being part of this team in PC and JS think he's a good fit
I agree, lot's of our guys have probably done dumb things. But read how that guy treated those people causing them to kick him out and then read how he treated them when they tried to kick him out.

Nobody on our team has ever done that. He's a bully and a thug and a punk AND A FREAKING DOUCHE BAG.

Screw him. He crossed the line. QUIT TRYING TO DOWNPLAY IT. You're coming off as weak lame asses with no moral integrity. This isn't Ruskell-land thinking of only bringing in choir boys. This is just saying, hey, there's a line and this creep crosses it IMO.

I swear, if Richie Incognito were any good at all you all would be fawning over him and totally down with it. Have some class.

Did Marshawn not (allegedly) hit and run a lady in the middle of the street in Buffalo?

Did JR Sweezy not (allegedly) assault a bus driver?

Did Bruce Irvin not (allegedly) pack a gun with the intent to rob someone?

Do those acts not cross your line, or since they are already Seahawks then you will allow them to remain Seahawks? Is what Melton allegedly did really that much worse to you than some of the stuff current Seahawks have allegedly done?

I don't look to sports for moral integrity, I want to see the Hawks win and I like that they are willing to win with anyone it takes: CFL, criminal, small school, UDFA - no stone unturned. The PEDs don't even bother me - this is football you'd be handicapping yourself if you weren't on something.

The Hawks tried the high character approach - they were soft and mediocre.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Actually, football wise a guy like Incognito is absolutely bad for your locker room so if he were both good and available I would NOT want him in SEA. It would still be bad for football/team reasons.

In realizing I'm inevitably contributing to this madness I'm out. Got the flu so it took a bit to dawn on me....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rainger":avoeosz4 said:
Yea really u guys before the lock, please take this issue about how upstanding Melton is to the Shack and leave this thread for Melton signings and other anticipation.
Please yes.

drdiags

Reaction score
May have to walk away from the table if these other two teams have you busting your budget

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 3h
.@dallascowboys tell me they know them, #seahawks & at least 1 other team in Henry Melton bidding. Competitive, budget-challenging deal

I hear the other team is Minny.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
drdiags":8yf87lg6 said:
May have to walk away from the table if these other two teams have you busting your budget

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 3h
.@dallascowboys tell me they know them, #seahawks & at least 1 other team in Henry Melton bidding. Competitive, budget-challenging deal

I hear the other team is Minny.
Plot thickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.