Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":37vy23di said:
nice. i like linemen mean and nasty. i hope he abandoned his dog too...

I was wit cha up to the dog part.

Melton is an excellent 3 tech who is also strong against the run. We'd want him in a rotational role and he may want to start and play every down. He might be hard to sell but so far has only had interest from the Vikes.

As others have said here he'd be a very nice add for the team.

chihawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I really wanted him for the Seahawks last year, but then the Bears ended up franchise tagging him....and he tore his ACL. If the medical staff thinks his knee will be ready for the season, I'm all for bringing him in. It's the perfect situation for him in playing 1 or 2 years to show he is back and deserving of more money....just like other players have done with the Seahawks. I'm sure he will be pushing very hard to keep this to a 1 year deal. Maybe they can give him a 2 year deal with guaranteed money in 1st year and more non-guaranteed money in 2nd year so Seahawks can keep him if he plays well and he ends up getting paid....kind of like Revis' contract with Patriots, but with more realistic numbers.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
jammerhawk":y50ubj3r said:
CANHawk":y50ubj3r said:

Melton is an excellent 3 tech who is also strong against the run. We'd want him in a rotational role and he may want to start and play every down. He might be hard to sell but so far has only had interest from the Vikes.

The blueprint for Melton to truly cash in is Michael Bennett. Coming off ACL surgery, Melton will not command the kind of massive second contract he probably deserves. So sign a short-term "prove it" deal with the defending Super Bowl championships, exponentially improve your free agency stock as a rotational player, and cash in big time next year. Maybe that's easier said than done, but the opportunity is certainly there for the taking.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
A lot of us thought last year that a fast 3 tech like Melton was the piece to take the Hawk D over the top. Turns out the pieces were Bennett and Avril. Melton would still be a great addition on a prove it deal and would be part of a scary D line rotation.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Would love to have Melton but for some reason I'm skeptical it happens. If it does its a great addition to that line.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Vance Walker is another option. He was rumored to have signed with the Chiefs, but instead he set up visits with the Seahawks and Packers.

Chad Speck @a3Chad
@PeteDougherty Reports of Vance Walker agreeing to terms in KC are completely false - he's scheduled to visit Seattle Sunday

billio155

Reaction score
I really don't care if the guy punched and bit a bouncer; I'm mean seriously, who hasn't? He's a football player not a pastor. Bring him into the fold and let him unleash his fury on Kaep.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I wonder if ET and Melton are friends. Maybe he can help recruit him

CANHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":33hmdfyx said:
CANHawk":33hmdfyx said:

What..? It clearly worked for Michael Bennett.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hatcher is signed, so we are down to just a few left on the D-line.

I still think we end up with Allen at some point.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Melton is a beast. If he can get back in time for the season, he could be a Top 10 DT this year.

Before his injury, he was Top 5.

chihawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":258hkce0 said:
I wonder if ET and Melton are friends. Maybe he can help recruit him

They did play together there, but it was only one year (2008).

ivotuk

Reaction score
Posted this in another thread, but I'd like to see him signed on the cheap (injury, bar fight) then PUP him and let him get really healthy. That way when the playoffs come, he will be rested up and hungry. The man is very talented and was one of the sought after DTs last year.

2012 44 tackles, 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.

Largent80

Reaction score
The part that is bothering me is the injury. Because we lost 3 key players from our D-line in FA, and the two we drafted last year were injured, so if we are counting on those two (with which we have zero status on) and Melton, we would have 3 questionable players.

Status
Not open for further replies.