Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian

Reaction score
If there's one position where I actually prefer a violent player, it's DT. He is an asshole, though. Seriously, biting into a guy's side like that?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
If Melton can play this year than i want to see what he can do, I don't care about what he did. Melton would be a good one year Bennett deal player and it would be a win-win. Melton shows he's back to his old self hopefully and Seattle gets a disruptive difference maker in Melton.

lukerguy

Reaction score
There's almost no chance of this happening. He has a visit with the Cowboys after; he's stated all along that he'd like to be in Texas (where he's from). We've also been pretty frugal, so I'm putting a 7% chance on this one.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
lukerguy":1zkm439t said:
There's almost no chance of this happening. He has a visit with the Cowboys after; he's stated all along that he'd like to be in Texas (where he's from). We've also been pretty frugal, so I'm putting a 7% chance on this one.

I don't know, the opportunity to win a ring and hugely raise his value might be really appealing for him.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1ugjae4v said:
lukerguy":1ugjae4v said:

I don't know, the opportunity to win a ring and hugely raise his value might be really appealing for him.

He's only 27. He's not a dwindling star with one more shot at al SMith or Allen. I don't buy it. There is no way he takes LESS to play in Seattle than his childhood dream of playing for the Dallas Cowboys. The only way we sign him is if Dallas doesn't have enough cap space, but then again, Dallas has a way of finding cap space and overpaying everyone.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
lukerguy":128ld6dt said:
Missing_Clink":128ld6dt said:
lukerguy":128ld6dt said:

He's only 27. He's not a dwindling star with one more shot at al SMith or Allen. I don't buy it. There is no way he takes LESS to play in Seattle than his childhood dream of playing for the Dallas Cowboys. The only way we sign him is if Dallas doesn't have enough cap space, but then again, Dallas has a way of finding cap space and overpaying everyone.

Dallas will always be there....the chance to win a ring and get paid big will not. A one year deal playing for a potential super bowl champ and getting paid big the following year is attractive. If everyone followed their "childhood dream" of playing with "_____" we would not sign any free agents.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
There is no shortage of alcohol in the Seattle area. I hope the office takes his behavioral history as well as his injury history into account should they choose to put Melton under contract. CYA!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
lukerguy":293fu1g4 said:
Missing_Clink":293fu1g4 said:
lukerguy":293fu1g4 said:

Wasn't Michael Bennett 27 last year when he took such a deal with the Hawks? And he was coming off a solid season with TB, as opposed to Melton coming off an ACL tear. I think it's far more realistic than you are suggesting.

I do agree that if he has always wanted to be a Cowboy there is not much you can do about that. However, he surely knows Dallas ain't winning the bowl next year and Seattle will have a good chance.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
"He's only 27. He's not a dwindling star with one more shot"

Albert Haynesworth completely agrees with this statement, he is also available at the moment.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This would be a great signing.

Hope it happens. Sounds like he's visiting other teams after though

HawkWow

Reaction score
Don't want to stray OT, but not wanting to start a new thread for a simple question...how come there's no chatter about Wilfork? Not a kid, for sure, but prior to injury, he was still a force and seems to be rather angry atm. He'd probably be the closest thing we've had to Tez since Tez.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkWow":aisbmmtd said:
Don't want to stray OT, but not wanting to start a new thread for a simple question...how come there's no chatter about Wilfork? Not a kid, for sure, but prior to injury, he was still a force and seems to be rather angry atm. He'd probably be the closest thing we've had to Tez since Tez.

Wilfork needs to be released first.

The Pats need him on their D-line and he knows it. This is a stunt about money. They aren't going to just release him.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
You should know by now that this regime does not invest backup roster spots in end-of-their-career guys with injury issues, never mind those who offer absolutely no pass rushing ability whatsoever and who are not well-suited to one-gap schemes in the first place. They invest them in in young, inexpensive, hungry guys that they can develop....i.e. the Jordan Hill's, Michael Brooks', etc.

Vince Wilfork....that's rich.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Please sign Melton. He'd be a perfect fit along the DL

lukerguy

Reaction score
Typical Seahawks fan right now "Hatcher? Ware? Walker? Melton? Allen? Peppers?" GIMMMMMEE GIMMMEEE GIMMMEEEE

The honest truth is we may not even know what the FO is looking for. I can tell you one thing they certainly are looking for, players who WANT to be here and are willing to take less to do it." Last year we got Bennett ONLY because the market was soft and Bennett; Bennett still took the highest offer. IF the market is really soft for Melton, he may be here, but I promise you he's not coming here for a ring. He's going to the highest bidder as what Bennett.

If Allen ends up coming here, it will be because he's willing to take a discount to have a shot at a ring. I can promise you that's not Melton's reasoning in the prime of his career. $$$$

Penman96

Reaction score
Melton needs a one year prove it deal - if he was in great demand he would have been picked up already. And if he wanted to be a Cowboy he wouldn't have come here before he went there.

Status
Not open for further replies.